Panasonic DMP-60

Hi,
If you are ordering the chip, can you make it 2? That way we can share the shipping cost, what you say?
Cheers!
Venkat

How come, does the shipping cost remains same if I order two, else it would not make a difference.

^^ Prices have increased, 17984 check now. I am deciding to wait.....

check in end of jan... my prediction.
BDplayer is a hot item believe me it is overpriced..

dont go only by 20north..check localprices too.
This article says 150$ good price..
http://news.cnet.com/why-$100-is-the-perfect-blu-ray-player-price/

a slight change in laser and chipset makes a BDplayer ..
do you think it should be 5X the of a dvd player..
surely not.
take a time frame say 1-2months ..save 4-5k ..use that for
other purchases..

Second reason is the players released are very basic ones
soon newer models will have some real good features added..
that is all marketing tactics.

Last edited:
Hi,

I did order the pana BD-60 at Amazon today which included free one-business-day shipping using vpost.

Will keep you posted on the progress.

Hi,

I did order the pana BD-60 at Amazon today which included free one-business-day shipping using vpost.

Will keep you posted on the progress.

amazon?? Do they ship to India, are their shipping charges same as 20thNorth. What about custom is that same as well as 20thNorth displays.....

Yeah, me too, it was 19k a day ago. Even I am planning to wait.

It was 12500 something when I was about to order.....damm

amazon?? Do they ship to India, are their shipping charges same as 20thNorth. What about custom is that same as well as 20thNorth displays.....

It was 12500 something when I was about to order.....damm

No, not directly from the Amazon, but through Vpost (AKA singapore post), which is a similar service like 20north. They are having a 50% discount on shipping for ICICI card customers, and as per their calculation, the shipping calculates to $70 and it will be $35, so still I think it is a good deal.

Tired of waiting!

No, not directly from the Amazon, but through Vpost (AKA singapore post), which is a similar service like 20north. They are having a 50% discount on shipping for ICICI card customers, and as per their calculation, the shipping calculates to $70 and it will be $35, so still I think it is a good deal.

Tired of waiting!

How to order whats there site, maybe I can try if 20th North do not reduce the price back to what it was.

Well I could not wait/resist what ever you say, have ordered, panasonic BD-60 from 20th North.
Will order the mod chip now, lets see how that works out. Anyway people who have ordered from 20th north, how does the tracking work, I did not get any tracking number, just an order number. How am I suppose to track the product.....any guidance???

Last edited:
Well I could not wait/resist what ever you say, have ordered, panasonic DB-60 from 20th North.
Will order the mod chip now, lets see how that works out. Anyway people who have ordered from 20th north, how does the tracking work, I did not get any tracking number, just an order number. How am I suppose to track the product.....any guidance???

You will get tracking number once it is shipped to you from 20north.Once status of order changed in 20north to "Shipped by US merchant", you can contact cust.care they will give you the tracking number.

Well I could not wait/resist what ever you say, have ordered, panasonic DB-60 from 20th North.
I was not given any tracking number,my status showed in 'International Transit to India', was in the same status even 2 days after i got the product.

I was not given any tracking number,my status showed in 'International Transit to India', was in the same status even 2 days after i got the product.

Thats one area 20north has to improve. We need to get into their live chat and ask for the tracking number.Otherwise will never get any kind of Info.

Hello Fellow Members,

Finally my quest for buying a bluray player comes to an end. Just ordered one from 20north for Rs.10150/- (the price keeps fluctuating a lot, not sure why). Will be getting it in 15 days.:yahoo:

I did try for the JVC, but was costing 2k more than panasonic.

So for once I'm going to be a good boy by putting an end to my 1080p movie downloads:lol:(but 1080p demo's and music videos will continue;)) and start purchasing original Bluray of my entire collection. May be I can start a separate thread where all my original movie list goes.;), if needed.

cheers.

Congrats.
Please share your buying experience from 20North when you you get the player. Also do not forget to share the overall opinion on the product after using.
All the best

Ok Ordered the modification kit as well from Stegen Electronics for 5120/ INR, so the player Panasonic BD 60 set me back a total of decent 15000. If everything goes well, i'd say not a bad deal at all. Also ordered BR for Star Trek 2009, 3 Disk+Digital copy edition for 1000 bucks.

Guys....I just noticed that if I go in to "My order History" at Stegen site I see my order but is shows Order Status as Pending, why is that so. Also I did not get any mail from these people that the order has been placed, (as against 20th North where I did get a mail) Also there is no customer service number, they just have one number that I am unable to connect. Any ideas is this is how it should be.

Last edited:
Hi Sam...

Upgraditis fever without having an dedicated HT is catching you very fast to you.. Welcome :). Cant imagine how you are going spend once urs is over..

As hot you are without leaving the topic cold, ordered the BD-60 very fast..:lol: + modchip..:lol:

:clapping:

Hi Sam...

Upgraditis fever without having an dedicated HT is catching you very fast to you.. Welcome :). Cant imagine how you are going spend once urs is over..

As hot you are without leaving the topic cold, ordered the BD-60 very fast..:lol: + modchip..:lol:

:clapping:

You are judging me pretty correctly I must say :), and I will take it as a compliment........After listining to those Warfadales (check out my delhi dealer thread) I must admit I am damm eager to shift to a new rented house with a room I can put those beasts to, and I am seriously giving a though over it. Dedicated HT would still have to wait till my new house is constructed as that would be huge project, it would be a complete entertainment theater.......currently planning, planning and planning is all what i am doing.

Last edited:
Guys....I just noticed that if I go in to "My order History" at Stegen site I see my order but is shows Order Status as Pending, why is that so. Also I did not get any mail from these people that the order has been placed, (as against 20th North where I did get a mail) Also there is no customer service number, they just have one number that I am unable to connect. Any ideas is this is how it should be.

Friends I mailed Stegen and got a reply after couple of hours that they have shipped my order and apologized for not updating the status. Cool, that is what I call quick dealership......anyway just though to update that the site is not that bad after all.

Status for my order updated to "Shipped from US merchant" :) I see an order number but not a Tracking Number.....are they same??

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back