Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Review

I raised the following questions to just4kix in some other thread. But as just suggested by some FMs I'm reposting them here. Some modification are also made below.

As discussion goes on (on firmware update) confusion increases. Sorry for that.
In the site given by you, there is something MAC address. What is MAC address? Where I can find it?(Y'Day I tried to find it from my laptop "ipconfig" on command pad, the MAC was coming as "Local". Is that what required as MAC or something else?)
It's required for donation to the site. What amount generally donated and how it is done?
How do I know what firmware version is required?
A warning is given in that site: Installation and usage of our enhanced firmware happens at your own risk. What type of risk it is? If something goes wrong during update is it possible to revive that?
If the request for update not accepted (just wild guess) after doing everything, what to do or is there any such option possible?

Has anyone faced any problem during the update? If the update fails somehow what to do or is there any reason to worry about this (may be I'm little scared as I've not done such thing before). I'm worried so much because I think firmware update will be the ultimate to buy the player from USA or other place.

I hope you'll understand what my concerns are.
Thanks.

Has anyone faced any problem during the update?

I did not face any problem with the update.

If the update fails somehow what to do or is there any reason to worry about this (may be I'm little scared as I've not done such thing before). I'm worried so much because I think firmware update will be the ultimate to buy the player from USA or other place.

I hope you'll understand what my concerns are.
Thanks.
The update usually will not fail. If it does, there are a few things you can check such as the size of the update file on disk and on the CD media. You can also check whether the CD was burnt in the ISO-9660 format. If you find either of these to be problems you can fix them and retry the firmware update. If it absolutely does not work after all that, you have the option of contacting the creator of the enhanced firmware.

The enhanced firmware update follows the same process as that of the official Panasonic firmware update so if you can do the official Panasonic firmware update, you can do the enhanced firmware update too. As with any firmware update, just ensure you have power backup during the firmware update process (about 5 to 10 minutes).

I bought the player from Amazon and got it down through Borderlinx and upgraded to 1.49A from firmwareinfo. A problem I'm facing is that as soon as I on the player the TV switches to HDMI 1 input while the input cable is in HDMI 2 or 3. (Difficult to access HDMI 1 since its behind the TV). Have any of you faced this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Gijo

I bought the player from Amazon and got it down through Borderlinx and upgraded to 1.49A from firmwareinfo. A problem I'm facing is that as soon as I on the player the TV switches to HDMI 1 input while the input cable is in HDMI 2 or 3. (Difficult to access HDMI 1 since its behind the TV). Have any of you faced this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Gijo
Have not faced any such issue. My BDP is connected to HDMI 2 (ARC) of my ST50. I have set HDMI control in the BDP to ON. When the BDP starts to play something, the TV automatically switches to HDMI-2.

The bonus of HDMI control is that when I switch off the TV or switch to HDMI 1 (TataSky STB), the BDP switches OFF automatically.

Have not faced any such issue. My BDP is connected to HDMI 2 (ARC) of my ST50. I have set HDMI control in the BDP to ON. When the BDP starts to play something, the TV automatically switches to HDMI-2.

The bonus of HDMI control is that when I switch off the TV or switch to HDMI 1 (TataSky STB), the BDP switches OFF automatically.

Thanks for the reply kix.

My sources (BDP, CBL, Media PL) are connected to the AVR and thereon to the TV with single HDMI cable. I didn't get the HDMI control setting that you mentioned. Went through the menu on the BDP and couldn't find it. Could you help me locate that? I could try some changes with that and see if it works.

Now each time I on the player, the TV switches to HDMI input 1 and I have to switch it back to 2.

A problem I'm facing is that as soon as I on the player the TV switches to HDMI 1 input while the input cable is in HDMI 2 or 3. (Difficult to access HDMI 1 since its behind the TV). Have any of you faced this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Gijo

This happens on my BDP too. Since I have the BDP on HDMI 1 it's not an issue for me. I can't seem to remember where in the menu's to turn off HDMI control though.

I am sorry. The hdmi control option is not there. I have turned on Viera link.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

BDT-220 is being offered by Amazon for $79.99.. great deal.. if someone is planning then he shall not miss it..

http://www.mdrelectronics.com/ProductDisplay.asp?PID=1092

Dude, I tried calling my local listed guys and they have no idea what it is. Not sure, why they are listed on MX website dealers list. :mad:

Anyways, do they have an online option to buy it ?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back