Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Review

The bluray of "Planet Earth" is in 1080i and one cannot make out any discernable difference. The world "discernable" is important.

Just wanted to give a heads up. I can't believe I haven't checked it out till today!

I bought a grey market BDT220 for region A about a month ago and I updated the firmware last week (v. 1.52)

I just noticed that my player is region free for DVDs :D
Thats just what I had wanted. Its still checks BD regions though. But i tried all of my DVDs and they work! Yippeee! No need for any hack, costly all-in-ones or hardware mods!

Is there any successor to this Blu ray player from panasonic? this seems no longer available also price is too high from Amazon( $299 )

The successor is DMP-BDT230. But there is no region free firmware for this model - as yet. So it makes no particular sense to buy it - i.e., you may as well buy models from other manufacturers such as Sony, Samsung, LG, etc.

Last edited:
I can play FLAC files from a Hard disk connected to this player, I am driving this through Denon AVR 1713. My issue is that I need to switch on my projector to navigate to that folder and play it.

Is there any shortcut to music stored in a HDD, any work around to stop booting the PJ but just navigate to Music and then USB and the folder?

Thinking of buying used(79$) or refurbished(150$) BDT 220 from amazom.Anybody bought from Amazon Used ? Is it reliable?

I can play FLAC files from a Hard disk connected to this player, I am driving this through Denon AVR 1713. My issue is that I need to switch on my projector to navigate to that folder and play it.

Is there any shortcut to music stored in a HDD, any work around to stop booting the PJ but just navigate to Music and then USB and the folder?

As far as I know, you need a display device to see and navigate through the external HDD, so no, you cannot directly play the flac files or any file stored on the HDD.

But, there is a easier way to play the flac audio without booting up your PJ, burn a DVD with the flac files and just insert the dvd into the player to play, just like an audio cd.

I have purchased used BDT 220 from amazon, it was categorized as "used-like new". Player actually looked like new with plastic cover still intact on front panel, only the box felt little old. Till now no issues and its working great. Got it for 75$.

I have purchased used BDT 220 from amazon, it was categorized as "used-like new". Player actually looked like new with plastic cover still intact on front panel, only the box felt little old. Till now no issues and its working great. Got it for 75$.

what about shipping charges and customs?

Is it support hdd with ntfs(large files can be read)?

Does it has coax and optical outputs?

wonder

Amazon warehouse doesn't ship this to India, someone carried it for me from US. So no idea about shipping/custom.
It only has optical out, no coaxial and it is able to read 2TB HDD (external powered).

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back