Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Review

What about panasonic dmp-bdt320?

Is it similar to dmp-bdt220

wonder

Its a similar player with some cosmetic changes and a few additional capabilities.

Changes include...
Touch Pad Remote Control
Slot-in Drive
Smart Eco Sensor

Its a similar player with some cosmetic changes and a few additional capabilities.

Changes include...
Touch Pad Remote Control
Slot-in Drive
Smart Eco Sensor

If it is similar to bdt220, then why should people think about bdt220?

wonder

Got my BDT320 delivered yesterday. Bought from ebay.in @ INR 9k. Connected transcend drive and it works like a charm. The remote is a bit annoying but getting used to it. I am trying to configure my harmony for it but haven't be successful yet...the touchpad feature is not getting replicated.

Note that both models are out of production now - they were 2012 models. Today's prices are irrelevant for comparison. But when they were active, the price difference was nearly $75 to $100.

Don't know about 'then' but 320 is available 'now' for 9K and I feel it is a great VFM.

All the US versions are NTSC format... after applying the region free firmware you get the PAL functionality also.

Any link to the region free firmware for the BDT-320 ?
This apparently is only for DVD playback from what the various posts say.
So does this mean that we cannot get region free for Blue Ray disc playback ?
Isn't there any other work around for that ?
Thanks.

Are the BDT-320 units sold by the ebay.in supplier reliable? There are two listed and both apparently are in Chennai.

Last edited:
Any link to the region free firmware for the BDT-320 ?
This apparently is only for DVD playback from what the various posts say.
So does this mean that we cannot get region free for Blue Ray disc playback ?
Isn't there any other work around for that ?
Thanks.

Are the BDT-320 units sold by the ebay.in supplier reliable? There are two listed and both apparently are in Chennai.

Fantastic,

One of the fms rikhi22s bought bought from same, he said that it is an excellent product and working fine with all BD's, even without installing freeware.

wonder

Fantastic,

One of the fms rikhi22s bought bought from same, he said that it is an excellent product and working fine with all BD's, even without installing freeware.

wonder

It's impossible that it plays BDs of all regions. Only possibility is that it is region free for dvds.

Let me know how to do free firmware upgradation, after that it can work?

wonder

Only models upto 2012 can be made region free for BDs with firmware (please visit firmwareinfo.com) or the first post by KIX.

But the 2013 models (BDT 230 etc) are yet have any region free firmware.

INR 6000 for region free mod while price of the player is around 9K-10K, now thats ridiculous !!!!!! two players are the best option, I don't know why a blu-ray HTPC isn't a better option? I am using one, and the day I started using it never thought of a player for a single moment. It serves for any media files, reasonable upscaling, WiFi, massive storage, audiophile grade music, any kind of connectivity that one can think of, BD ISO/ripping,but I must admit the building cost is high compared to a standalone player.

sorry for the diversion

HTPC with blu-ray is definitely not a bad option. I never said it was, and if I did or indicated it that way, then I apologize and take my words back. What I think I said in that article is that it is expensive (as also you point out) and not for the typical person.

There is another catch or rather limitation in the firmware update. You cannot update the firmware with the official one after this upgrade. Not that it is needed. But if you want to, you will apply for a fresh upgrade and will cost a small amount again.

RIKHI32S- BDT320 is a 2012 model. So you should be able to get region free firmware

HTPC is a good option, but expensive and tedious as well. These many people have discarded their PCs for a tablet or so for regular net browsing and finds PCs cumbersome and space occupying. Anyway, if you have a PC then it is a really good option (but 3D may be a problem, not very sure).

The best solution is a Region A player from South East Asia or the 2nd Best Option is Region B from Europe.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back