Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Review

You have to open an account with Aramex or Borderlinx. This is done by an upfront membership payment. Once you become a member, you are given a drop-box address in USA and UK. You can use these are shipping addresses. Once the goods are delivered in the drop-box address, Aramex/BL will ship it to your real address. The shipping charges are charged to your registered credit card.

Please read the Aramex thread.

Now, I am convinced of buying from the US and will take the plunge in a day or two.

Was, just reading the technical specs from the Panasonic - US website and found an interesting point.
Its mentioned that the "CD sampling is done at 88.2 kHz", does it make the sound quality any better than the regular sampling of 44.1 kHz for Audio Cd's.

It would be great if someone checks this and compares the music.

Hi friends

I want to buy bdp 220

As its not available in india
Plz help how to buy it from amazon and best price in amazon shipping with all details.

And if i purchase a pana plasma frm amazon, is it worth???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Saket,

Since there is no option to opt out of the CD upsampling it is difficult to comment. However on my old Philips DVDP I had noticed a significant difference between 44.1 and 88.2 upsampling. With 88.2 it seemed that there was more flesh/ substance to the tracks than 44.1.
If you plan to use it as a CD spinner it wont disappoint.
Last evening I was listening to the Eagles FLAC CD (24 bit/ 96 k) which the player was doling out effortlessly.

You have to open an account with Aramex or Borderlinx. This is done by an upfront membership payment. Once you become a member, you are given a drop-box address in USA and UK. You can use these are shipping addresses. Once the goods are delivered in the drop-box address, Aramex/BL will ship it to your real address. The shipping charges are charged to your registered credit card.

Please read the Aramex thread.

Hi Kix,

BL won't charge for any membership creation. Its free.

-ben

Hi Saket,

Since there is no option to opt out of the CD upsampling it is difficult to comment. However on my old Philips DVDP I had noticed a significant difference between 44.1 and 88.2 upsampling. With 88.2 it seemed that there was more flesh/ substance to the tracks than 44.1.
If you plan to use it as a CD spinner it wont disappoint.
Last evening I was listening to the Eagles FLAC CD (24 bit/ 96 k) which the player was doling out effortlessly.

Thanks on the info.

What other FLAC CD's of 24/96 samplings do you have. I would be interested in buying them. Could you share from which store you have bought them.

I got a few free tracks from Linn Records - The best recordings in Studio Master Download, Vinyl and SACD which are of various samples. Some are 24/96, 24/192 etc and they sound great.

Along with BDT220 I'm planning to buy some Bluray Disks, any suggestions on BDs which will pioneer the fullest potential of Panansonic DMP-BDT220 to its epitome. :clapping:

Does the player show the song details on the display while playing flac cd?

I guess if the FLAC files are tagged with the relevant data, it should show on the display.

This can only be confirmed by an actual user. Awaiting for some one to reply.

Hi,

Please register on Borderlinx or Aramex Sns. Once you get your address (US/UK) you can buy frm Amazon.com. The order will be delivered to your US address from where Sns or Borderlinx will pick it up and ship it to you in India

About 12k since I ordered express. Without express it would have been around 11k.
The NTSC thing is no problem at all. Also thanks to Baiju and jsmithe it runs very well with a voltage converter from Maxconn (0-50 watts) which cost about 300 bucks.
Since I dont play blu rays/ DVDs, I dont need to make it region free.

Could you share the make and model of the voltage converter you are using. Does the converter get hot if used for longer duration.

While it seems available on Naaptol, does anyone have any clue which region player it is? I suspect it may be a C region BD player but have no way to confirm. Call Center Rep. I spoke didn't seem to know.

While it seems available on Naaptol, does anyone have any clue which region player it is? I suspect it may be a C region BD player but have no way to confirm. Call Center Rep. I spoke didn't seem to know.

Its better to be off Naaptol... pathetic customer service and no guarantee for delivery.
As for the region is concerned it will be Region "C" for Blu-ray playback and Region "5" for DVD playback. This is the standard for India, though this player can be made region free, certainly at a cost!!

American BDT220 allows NTSC playback only. Note that the region free firmware update will unlock the feature that restricts PAL playback. Of course, a PAL TV or projector is needed

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Hi All,

Today I purchased BDT220 and one BDisc and hdmi cable all from Amazon,, but my shipment will reach only on Jan 4th to BL.

-ben

Saket,

I use a Maxcon converter which is rated between 0-50 watts. No I havent noticed any heat even after 3 hours of usage.

I also use a 50W stepdown converter for my first BDP (Sony). It becomes reasonably hot after continuous usage of 3 hours or so. It can still be held in hand but it feels hot.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back