Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Review

Shipping is very expensive. The package weight (gross weight) is 2.7 kg.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

The reason for the increased weight assessment is because DHL, Fedex etc. that BL uses always take the greater of actual weight or volumetric weight (LxBxH).

iShopInternational and probably Aramex SnS etc. consolidate shipments into a container/pallet and then ship. If I am not mistaken, they use the actual weight, hence the lower shipping costs but there is a longer delay since they wait for a container/pallet to fill up before shipping

DHL, Fedex etc. ship immediately on receipt since they will fill up a container or pallet really quick given the volumes they do. They also have their own air cargo transport.

Last edited:
Hi Benravin,

BL is charging USD 94 for normal shipping and 112 for express shipping. I just selected express shipping today

Express shipping does not make much of a difference. Standard gets it to you in 3 days, express will get it to you about a day sooner. That's been my experience as well as that of another FM from their post on the Aramex vs BL thread in the forum.

Beware to buy from USA, I had returned 2 new pan 220 yesterday which bought from amazon. It has hw and firmware issue. Totally fed up with this junk player and you can check my review in amazon under vel. I had Sony s580 and it is excellent for last 1.5 years...tried for region free, but player itself issue..:-(

Sent from nexus 4 phone

Beware to buy from USA, I had returned 2 new pan 220 yesterday which bought from amazon. It has hw and firmware issue. Totally fed up with this junk player and you can check my review in amazon under vel. I had Sony s580 and it is excellent for last 1.5 years...tried for region free, but player itself issue..:-(

Sent from nexus 4 phone

I saw your review on Amazon US and am curious as to the problem you had with the Mad Men BD. Is this BD region free?

I got this BDP from Amazon US recently and have not had any problems with playback so far (I have region freed the BDP though) with region 2, region free BD's and region 1, 3, 5 DVD's. I don't have the Mad Men BD's as yet to be able to test, but am looking to get the boxset.

Did you have the BDP connected to the internet while trying to play the BD? Maybe it was trying to download something and had problems?

I have 100 bluray collection with me and played fine on Sony S580...Also Mad Men region free...Pan 220 has plenty of issues..I did not try to connect into internet, still basic feature itself weird..

I have 100 bluray collection with me and played fine on Sony S580...Also Mad Men region free...Pan 220 has plenty of issues..I did not try to connect into internet, still basic feature itself weird..

My player has played pretty much everything thrown at it.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

just wondering how BL can pass the customs without any issues, (bribing ???)

BL (I presume Borderlinx) uses DHL, Fedex to clear customs. If duty is levied by customs DHL, Fedex will pay and collect from the end customer unless BL picks up the excess duty for the end customer.

There are other forwarders who clear in bulk and manage to sometimes get through customs by hook or by ....

I checked today Amazon offers free shipping for Panasonic DMP-BDT220 , so total it costs only Rs. 5857.66/-

Attachments

• amazon.jpg
    amazon.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 125
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back