Panasonic Launches New 2008 Viera Range Of Plasma, LCD TVs In India

Hi Stereo Fan, I don't the Panasonic India website has been updated in ages, even their own official press release features many model that don't find mention on the website, So i wouldn't recommend that you place any reliance on their website.

Hi Stereo Fan, I don't the Panasonic India website has been updated in ages, even their own official press release features many model that don't find mention on the website, So i wouldn't recommend that you place any reliance on their website.
Do you mean the Pioneer India website? That was what I was referring to. They only have car audio equipment listed.

Sorry to disrupt the Plasma talk....would anyone know if the LX700 would be available for 45k-ish ??? thing is.....my budget was 40k.....with some considerable financial acrobatics i can maybe stretch to 45k, which might get me the LX80 (since advertised price is 47k, store price should be 45k or so)....but I think I'd prefer to go for the LX700. Especially since it is a phased out model....can i hope for it to be available for 45K?? any ideas?

well those who plan to buy a panasonic lcd or any other AIPS lcd bare in mind that the contrast levels are at best equal to sony,samsung lcd of 2006.
the sony and samsungs just dwarfs the AIPS lcd like panasonic in contrast i,e the details visible.

I had a look at 42pv8 yesterday Lifestyle Digital Shopee in Chennai. PQ is pretty decent. The Anti reflective glass seems to work well since the showroom had light from one side but still there was no glare.
Quite obviously the Tv was not even calibrated and when I asked them to play a demo dvd they actually played a cheesy junior NTR movie!!!
I finally got them to play Panasonic's demo dvd and it looked good even over a RCA cable. It had some speed boat scenes and there was no visible motion trail. I will probaly go there again better prepared with my own DVD's!

well those who plan to buy a panasonic lcd or any other AIPS lcd bare in mind that the contrast levels are at best equal to sony,samsung lcd of 2006.
the sony and samsungs just dwarfs the AIPS lcd like panasonic in contrast i,e the details visible.

What is AIPS ? What does sony and samsung use ? I was thinking of picking up series 5 samsung lcd TV. Are these better than these panasonic AIPS tvs ?

Forgot to add.. I couldn't see any difference in PQ between pv8 and pv70 even on a side by side cmparison.

Forgot to add.. I couldn't see any difference in PQ between pv8 and pv70 even on a side by side cmparison.
You mean I paid a Rs1,000 premium for nothing? At least I got an extra zero after the "PV7" when I bought the PV70 (although "PV8" includes an extra "1"). ;)

Psycho: Right at the end of the Thirumangalam Road in Anna Nagar. Listed price was 71K. They seem to have a standard discount of 5K so it might come to 65-66K.

Stereo: It could be just my untrained eye!
Anyone noticed that PV80 has Automatic Contrast Tracking? (C.A.T) that the the pv8 seems to lack.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back