Panasonic Plasma TH-42C10D

Anil Sehrawat

Hi Friends,

This is my first post on Hifivision,

Yesterday i bought my first plasam TV Panasonic Th-42C10D for Rs. 35K for Fairdeal Electroincs in Dawarka, New Delhi:yahoo:

here is wht i have to throw at the TV.

1)Tata Sky-SD, looking for changing it to the HD one
2)Moser bear DVD player with USB
3)Home theater with 5.1 channel out put

i have some questions.

1) My DVD player does not play MP4 and 720P files,what should i get to play all my 720P files downloaded for Internet.
2) I have connected my hometheater throug DVD player but can i directly connect it to TV

Thanks for your support in advance:)

if you have a desktop PC check out if you have a DVI port at the back U can easily find a DVI to USB cable . You can Buy a cheap DVI to HDMI cable available at NP for around Rs 300 this would give u 720P . Alternatively if you find an HDMI port in any of your Laptops or Pc its great . If you dont have any of these buy a graphic card for Pc or get a WDTV for yourself . There is a new sony bluray DVD player for 9990 people have been talking bout that in this forum as well .

Last edited:
if you have a desktop PC check out if you have a DVI port at the back U can easily find a DVI to USB cable . You can Buy a cheap DVI to HDMI cable available at NP for around Rs 300 this would give u 720P .

Where in Delhi/Gurgaon are such cables available ? Will save me a lot of grief.

Hey Anil....congrats our purchase man !!!!!!! :clapping:

If you need a complete solution to playing all format files from an external hard drive or USB...you may want to consider the WDTV :

WD TV Overview

Hope this helps. By the way...please post your review / feedback reg the 42C10D....as I am also deciding on a 42" plasma and kinda stuck between C10 / X20D and the Samsung C450.

I too have this TV and I already had AC ryan POHD. The PQ of HD content through HDMI is really good. I do have a lot of BD rips and am enjoying them to the hilt.
I can not comment what it would have been like with a full HD TV but I am totally satisfied with the PQ.

Thanks for your replys mates.

I m really happy with the PQ upto know, have seen one 480p and PQ was great,

got a call from panasonic guy for this evening aboout the demo and wall mounting thing so i asked him to give a look at possibilities of wall mounting the same and got a good suggession from him, so have to get some carpenting work done and tomorow so can get my TV wallmounted.

i m also thinking of getting WD media player but i m not sure if that have 5.1 channel sound output.

Hey Anil....congrats our purchase man !!!!!!! :clapping:

If you need a complete solution to playing all format files from an external hard drive or USB...you may want to consider the WDTV :

WD TV Overview

Hope this helps. By the way...please post your review / feedback reg the 42C10D....as I am also deciding on a 42" plasma and kinda stuck between C10 / X20D and the Samsung C450.

if you want my vote than surely go for any Panasonic plasma as they are leaders in it(i know that because i used to work for company which was a importer and distributor of Panasonic plasmas)

but also must consider ur requirnements as i m not bothered abt sound of C10D and untill now i havnt in checked it because i m goinf to use my hometheater for that.

if you have a desktop PC check out if you have a DVI port at the back U can easily find a DVI to USB cable . You can Buy a cheap DVI to HDMI cable available at NP for around Rs 300 this would give u 720P . Alternatively if you find an HDMI port in any of your Laptops or Pc its great . If you dont have any of these buy a graphic card for Pc or get a WDTV for yourself . There is a new sony bluray DVD player for 9990 people have been talking bout that in this forum as well .

can i ll get 5.1 channel out put if i ll play it form my laptop(i dont have HDMI output in my lapy but i can arrange for graphic card)

^^WD player does have a Digital OUT...just need to connect it to the digital in of your receiver and let your receiver do the 5.1 processing.

Thanks Friends,

i ll be able to do all the R&D abt WD media player in 2nd week of July only as i busy in offie due to quarter and month closing, but will post the photos of my Tv after wall mounting is done.

Originaly posted by Anil Sehrawat:
if you want my vote than surely go for any Panasonic plasma as they are leaders in it(i know that because i used to work for company which was a importer and distributor of Panasonic plasmas)

but also must consider ur requirnements as i m not bothered abt sound of C10D and untill now i havnt in checked it because i m goinf to use my hometheater for that.

I am not quite bothered about the sound as I will also mostly rout audio through my AVR. Wanted to know if you did a comparison of C10 with the X20 or A20 before your purchased C10 and the pointers that made you go for the C10 over these 2 models. Do the other models have this sound issue also ...just curious.

I had a chance to demo C10 and X20 in eZone this SUN. HD pic through BDP ~ HDMI was awesome. Both with identical settings..looked very very good. Very impressive black levels / motion handling and sharp edges. I noticed that the contrast was set to max....not sure if this is correct for demo, however, brightness levels were half and screen was very bright and crisp. Unfortunately, no STB connection available ...so cudnt compare that :sad:

@gadgetcrazy

Can you also please share your feedback reg the C10D and also the X20 / A20 if you had done any comparison / study at the time of your purchase.

Few key points which will help me decide :

1. Black levels issue.
2. G12 (2009 models) vs G13 (2010 models) in terms of the screen.
3. SD pic quality in the HD ready models - i.e. Tata Sky / Dish TV etc as about 70% of my viewing will be STB.
4. C10 is priced approx 5/7 k below the X20....is this price diff worth the differences between them ?????

I am not quite bothered about the sound as I will also mostly rout audio through my AVR. Wanted to know if you did a comparison of C10 with the X20 or A20 before your purchased C10 and the pointers that made you go for the C10 over these 2 models. Do the other models have this sound issue also ...just curious.

I had a chance to demo C10 and X20 in eZone this SUN. HD pic through BDP ~ HDMI was awesome. Both with identical settings..looked very very good. Very impressive black levels / motion handling and sharp edges. I noticed that the contrast was set to max....not sure if this is correct for demo, however, brightness levels were half and screen was very bright and crisp. Unfortunately, no STB connection available ...so cudnt compare that :sad:

i did not compared any panasonic models with each other but i did compared to to LG PQ30 and 60, but as i have already told u that panasonic is world leader in plasamas so i decided to go with panasonic, LG PQ60 has a USB with it but it does not play 720p, thats why i did not buy that model

frnds got a quote from the guy at onkyo at m2 mall in gurgaon 42 c10 panasonic for 33k over phone unbargained on 17th june others who are intrested kindly mail me for his no
he will demo me the elac speakers fs 57/58 127 soon i am planning next weekend..

get back with details later

@gadgetcrazy

Can you also please share your feedback reg the C10D and also the X20 / A20 if you had done any comparison / study at the time of your purchase.
Since my budget was limited, I just compared C10 and X10. Dont know about X20 but X10 definitely had a good cost benefit ratio. I was in a bit of hurry, so got C10. I am pretty happy with my decision thus far.

Thanks Anil & gadgetcrazy for your responses !!!
Looks like C10 is winning hands down thus far :lol:
Any ideas on the best price for C10 and X20 in Hyderabad today ???
Cheers

Still not able to play any HD file higher that 480p (480p was good) as i havnt bought any new DVD player or Media Player because i m not able to find any dvd player which playes files with higher resolution than 480,with media player i m not able to understand how i ll get 5.1 channel output?

if any of u can help me on this than it will be great.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back