Panasonic PV7 - good ?

vinod_david

Banned
Banned
Today, had a demo of PV70 and PV7 -- 42 inchers, excellent SD pictures in both, just could not tell any PQ differences in both models (to my eyes); they both were far better than a 32" LX700 (the model I loved).

Quoted PV7 for 60k and PV70 around 90k, are the prices ok ? pls share.

Users of these models can you tell something more in terms of pros and cons.

Or should I wait and go for 42 PV8H ?

Will be grateful.:)

Today, had a demo of PV70 and PV7 -- 42 inchers, excellent SD pictures in both, just could not tell any PQ differences in both models (to my eyes); they both were far better than a 32" LX700 (the model I loved).

I think u should make ur decision first whether to go for LCD or PLASMA
i have one usefull link for u {read review by Fatboy (Cumbria, UK) 24 Jul 2007}
Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: Panasonic TX-32LXD700 - 32" Widescreen Viera HD Ready LCD TV - With Freeview

It all depends on ur own priorities and choice ....i mean the last decision should be ur own

Last edited:
David:

If you go to the showroom ion GN Chetty Road. you may not get good discounts. Contact Anand of Abhirami on TTK Road. If you know the exact model that you want, he can get you good discounts on any model from Samsung, Panasonic, Pioneer, etc.

Cheers

Hi Vinod, i see that you're in the process of making the same leap that I made, from looking for a 32" LCD to looking for a 42" plasma.

I know someone who can give you a very good price on the PV8H (I think he quoted 65k or 64-something to me). The T-nagar panasonic store is the worst. they are determined to dispose of their stock of PV7s and PV-70s before they even get PV8s (they even tried to discourage me from considering the PV8 saying, that "there is not much difference").

Instead of making the giant leap to 65k+ that a Panasonic plasma would have required, I made a smaller leap to a Samsung 42" Plasma...the 410 model, which has specs comparable to the Panasonic PV8 (and which I am getting for 55,500). I compared the Samsungs and the PV7 and PV70 and there was not much of a difference in picture quality (but not with the same source, both in showrooms). But even if i assumed a difference in picture quality to Samsung's detriment, it's definitely not a 9,500 rupee difference.

So if you want the wow-factor of a 42-inch plasma, and you're okay with going with a Samsung then please consider the 410 and the 450 (available for 55,500 and about 61,000 respectively). In addition to getting comparable specs and connectivity (the 450 is also 3D ready, if by chance you're interested), you also get a far far better looking piece of equipment. I know that's not a real factor, but when compared with a 9,500 buck lower price, I think it's a clincher. Do at least think about it.

More detailed reviews of the 410, I will post once it is delivered tomorrow, so you can wait for that.

any idea where i can get a lot cheaper PV70 in Chennai ? thanx.

i have an year old samsung plasma q91 , 42" , it's great, at that time also pana was around 10 to 15k expensive than samsung and was exceeding my budget so i went for sammy, looking at the post the difference in price still continues,

well if is in your budget i will put my money on samsung, if u can afford the pana go for it, PV8h is a good model which may be around 65k, look around, take few disc with you play the content you want to see, play SD and whichever one you like the best pick it up,

Hi Vinod, i see that you're in the process of making the same leap that I made, from looking for a 32" LCD to looking for a 42" plasma.

I know someone who can give you a very good price on the PV8H (I think he quoted 65k or 64-something to me). The T-nagar panasonic store is the worst. they are determined to dispose of their stock of PV7s and PV-70s before they even get PV8s (they even tried to discourage me from considering the PV8 saying, that "there is not much difference").

Instead of making the giant leap to 65k+ that a Panasonic plasma would have required, I made a smaller leap to a Samsung 42" Plasma...the 410 model, which has specs comparable to the Panasonic PV8 (and which I am getting for 55,500). I compared the Samsungs and the PV7 and PV70 and there was not much of a difference in picture quality (but not with the same source, both in showrooms). But even if i assumed a difference in picture quality to Samsung's detriment, it's definitely not a 9,500 rupee difference.

So if you want the wow-factor of a 42-inch plasma, and you're okay with going with a Samsung then please consider the 410 and the 450 (available for 55,500 and about 61,000 respectively). In addition to getting comparable specs and connectivity (the 450 is also 3D ready, if by chance you're interested), you also get a far far better looking piece of equipment. I know that's not a real factor, but when compared with a 9,500 buck lower price, I think it's a clincher. Do at least think about it.

More detailed reviews of the 410, I will post once it is delivered tomorrow, so you can wait for that.

Hi. I'm eagerly waiting for your detailed review, and can you tell me from which shop in Chennai you got that Samsung from, the price seems to be very good; I might as well go there and have a demo of Samsung 410.

Actually, my money is on the TV that gives me excellent SD pictures, and I hardly watch any DVDs and am not into game either. These Panasonic's gave me excellent SD PQ as a matter of fact, but the downside being the price !!

David:

If you go to the showroom ion GN Chetty Road. you may not get good discounts. Contact Anand of Abhirami on TTK Road. If you know the exact model that you want, he can get you good discounts on any model from Samsung, Panasonic, Pioneer, etc.

Cheers

Thanks Venkat. I might go there and speak to Anand.

The place I bought it from is called Surya Electronics, it's in Alwarpet, they're essentially a service place, but they also sell all this stuff, and Shyam there will give you the best prices (for Samsung and Panasonic). You won't be able to demo too many items there, so he requests you to demo it elsewhere, and that he'll give you the best price. Let me know if you need his contact details.

Hi. I'm eagerly waiting for your detailed review, and can you tell me from which shop in Chennai you got that Samsung from, the price seems to be very good; I might as well go there and have a demo of Samsung 410.

Actually, my money is on the TV that gives me excellent SD pictures, and I hardly watch any DVDs and am not into game either. These Panasonic's gave me excellent SD PQ as a matter of fact, but the downside being the price !!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back