Panasonic/SONY/Sharp/Samsung ? need advice

Lost

Finally , i have come accross this in 32inch in my budget , Need expert suggestion for final deal ,

1.) Panasonic LE8 . ,

2.) Sony T Series in 32 inch , KLV-32T400A

3.) Sharp ( LC - 32A33-M ) , Is there any kind of Lip Synch ? .

4.) Samsung and LG ( if suggested by you guys ) .

Just need last advice by you guys ( Priority is games then Tatasky and then blue ray movies )

Pana
Sharp
Sony
Samsung
LG

in that order

Things to keep in mind artifacts, which is not a major issue at this width, frequency, resolution and finally video (you need 2/3 HDMIs if not using AVR) . Audio will be taken care of by STB or game box.

Finally , i have come accross this in 32inch in my budget , Need expert suggestion for final deal ,

1.) Panasonic LE8 . ,

Just need last advice by you guys ( Priority is games then Tatasky and then blue ray movies )

1.) Panasonic LE8 . ,

Hi,

Pan LE8 is best.My observations-
http://www.hifivision.com/television/2423-32-lcd-comparison.html

Ok thanks Guys ,

So panasonic , well one more question , since i have found that Tatasky reception is better on plasma , and if i consider ,

32 inch LG plasma(is there any other 32 inch plasma available ) vs Panasonic LCD .

Last edited:
the panasonic has the lowest contrast of all except may be LG,the sony has around 50% more contrast then the panasonic,so if u are playing games like doom3 or anyother game that has very dark scenarios contrast can come real handly,with that extra detail in dark scenes.

Ok , as suggesting by Adder , i found some specifications

Panasonic VIERA TX-32LE8 10000:1 2HDMI Backlight control(yes)

sony Series T-KLV-32T400A 10000:1 1HDMI Backlight(CCFL)

Samsung LA32A330J1 15000:1 2HDMI Backlight(CCFL)

Philips 47PFL3403/98 24000:1 2HDMI (As suggested by madbullram )

Well watching on the specifications its Samsung and Philips with 15000 and 24000 contrast and rest having 10000 ratio , but Practically
compared by Spirovious , its panasonic .

Really more confuseddd :-( ....

Some unanswerd question , might help experts what i am thinking the pros and cons .

Sony ( 1 HDMI only , Do i would be feeling guilty for 1 HDMI only )

panasonic ( 24p film (NO) , What exactly is this ? / Dont see with other's brand specifications )

Samsung ( This is the Newest version/Worth buying beyong Panny and Sony with more contrast )

Sharp ( Heard about lip Synch problem , if anyone can also put glance on this model LC-32A33M )

Philips (No one taking about even i checked in forum ,Does there any serious Drawback ?)

thanks for all your help ....Need your practical experiences .

dont fall far the spec given by the manufacturer,the real ANSI contrast for lcds which have a lcd panel of IPS tech companies such as panasonic,toshiba,hitachi and lg,philips peak out at about 1200:1.

while the leader in contrast are SPVA based sony and samsung which have a contrast of as hight as 3000:1,however these 2 companies also use different lcd panels on low end models such as series 4 from samsung which uses a SMVA panel and sony T series which uses a AMVA panel,while SPVA is the leader the AMVA(as the edge),SMVA tech still has a contrast much more then IPS based tvs.

as far as HDMI connections,in some 2 years down the line u will need atleast 2 connections eg(HD STBS,BD player/ps3,xbox 360).

Go with Panasonic (I have a couple of them), but for Plasma 32" is a waste. Check the PV8 model from Panasonic, its 42" and great PQ. Otherwise Philips and Sharp too are good.

Ok thanks Guys ,

So panasonic , well one more question , since i have found that Tatasky reception is better on plasma , and if i consider ,

32 inch LG plasma(is there any other 32 inch plasma available ) vs Panasonic LCD .

at 32" you will not see much difference between well calibrated LCD or plasma. At larger screen sizes (50 or above in my view) you will see the differences. Plasma tends to better display the dark and vivid colours than LCD. Lately LED based DLP TVs have also started looking excellent. Cheap but excellent VFM. Unfortunately they are yet to break ground in India in a big way. Curently I am travelling in the US and these TVs are carried by every major retailer and AV store....oh wait a minute (there is only Worst Buy now in business:) )

One correction,

Pan says Backlight -Yes ,but there is no such key,but only presets.
Pan played DVDs with very natural ways,you feel watching real in front.
Panal is very clear & even.Movement smooth.
I saw std demo of my Narnia DVD & played war seen which looked very sharp & real.No other LCD come close to it.Sony with same seen had artificial colours,movement jerky.

If you choose PanLX800 then you can get 24/p feature,100Hzs panal.
Regular DVDs,VCRs run at 30fm/sec & Bluray can 24/s(actualy recorded mov in that way)This doesnt make much difference.

I feel sad for Philips, its a very good product let down by service and lack of Marketing. Its like the Fiat of TVs in India...

I feel sad for Philips, its a very good product let down by service and lack of Marketing. Its like the Fiat of TVs in India...

I agree with you Philips product wise is very good and does better then Sony and Samsung on some of the fronts. Unfortunately they dont market with all the razzmatazz like Sony and Samsung.

The other underrated brand in televisions is Toshiba Regza series, the picture clarity is amazing

Spiderman

Hey Guys ,

Today i checked the models ,

PV8 reaally impressed me , but at max bargaining it woud be @ 45 K(under any exchange )

Then Panasonic LE8 (made in japan /is there any other made also for this ? ) , i found it much clear pixels and it also really impressed me over others @ reliance digital , Dealer even told me these TV are at their max contrast , .

So what i found under blue ray ...

Pana > Sony T Series = samsung 3 and 4 series > LG .

BUT i havnt checked the LE8 Tatasky output , can any one tell pls , is it also fine with it ..... LE8 @ 29 K .

Hey Guys ,

PV8 reaally impressed me , but at max bargaining it woud be @ 45 K(under any exchange )

Then Panasonic LE8 (made in japan /is there any other made also for this ? ) , i found it much clear pixels and it also really impressed me over others @ reliance digital , Dealer even told me these TV are at their max contrast , .

BUT i havnt checked the LE8 Tatasky output , can any one tell pls , is it also fine with it ..... LE8 @ 29 K .

Go with PV8. Actually I have both of them and both are great for STB, SD content like DVDs, Divx rips, etc. PV8 is a plasma and LE8 is LCD. Just that PV8 is more VFM at 42" while LE8 is only 32" and not Full HD either. In terms of PQ both are way ahead of the rest of the pack.

Hey Guys ,

My sister has LE8 & we are very happy with SD perormance.Tatasky will give good image.

Hi Guys ,

Thanks for suggesting that Takasky is fine with it ,
I have confirmed to stick with pana , but can you tel me one thing

Model LX800

1125 (1080)/60p (HDMI only) Yes
1125 (1080)/50p (HDMI only) Yes
1125 (1080)/24p (HDMI only) Yes

Model LE8
1125 (1080)/60p (HDMI only) No
1125 (1080)/50p (HDMI only) no
1125 (1080)/24p (HDMI only) no

1.) Does it mean LX800 is F HD ,

Since i would be playing blue-ray movies also so would there be noticable difference between them ? ,
As of me i cannot recognize any kinda diff between LE8 and other FD over there @32, specially colors but yeah slightly contrast was more (Slightly differenciated only if both are kept adjacent . )
Might be CD running was not much filled in with content to be recognised ?.

So would it be worth going to LX800 ?
Or should i stick with LE8 and save bucks for other thing s... ( after all recession Time ;-) ...

@Lost: Just switch on to NDTV Profit on both LE8 and LX800. Notice the difference in the ticker scrolling in the bottom. Also, if you are going to use it for BlueRay movies, would suggest to go for FHD. After all, its a long term asset and you dont change TVs every six months :rolleyes:

In FHD, I saw that both LG Jazz and Samsung A550 are good. Currently, even I am stuck in finalizing between them :D. Sony W series is out of my reach...:eek:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back