Panasonic ST30 Owners Thread

In my view the 3D from Panasonic is not very comfortable. (active shutter technology).
It strains ur eyes. The 3D from LG is better .... not active shutter.

Anyways there is minimal 3G content available so ... "3D" should not be considered as a feature. "3D" experience is best observed in theaters.

when i started this thread , the content was less , hardly some documentaries , etc. But I think now , we have many 3D contents , not to mention the youtube support for 3D videos.

When i bought st30 , it had all features , so if i plan to move to next model , i dont want to miss out on 3D , so i want to know will i be sacrificing PQ for 3D on higher end model or i can have both ?

In my view the 3D from Panasonic is not very comfortable. (active shutter technology).
It strains ur eyes. The 3D from LG is better .... not active shutter.

Anyways there is minimal 3G content available so ... "3D" should not be considered as a feature. "3D" experience is best observed in theaters.

Hi druk2004, Panasonic LED 3D TV's comes with passive 3D (Same as LG)

Finally Panasonic has almost confirmed that the board (A board) is not available and my TV (97K Rs ) after depreciation will be around 30K , if interested i can put extra money and get a new TV .. is this value correct or should i bargain ?

I am really disappointed by panasonic , may be its because they stopped plasma production or due to bad production amount of parts ?

Anyway , which newer panasonic is really good ?

Hi Naveen,

Do they mean to say that if the A board is replaced, then the TV will work? Or is there anything else involved here?

Vinod

Not sure , they said they need to replace the board , but the board is not available. I have not got any detail of what is not working , what is working , the service people came , saw the TV , did something , took photos of the board number and went off , this all after much trouble , since the local service people didnt respond properly , had to shoot off a email to panasonic. The info i got that there is no board is from the local service guy and not from the panasonic email conversation , so waiting for official final report on the issue.

I dont know

The reason I am asking is that you may get an A board from places like parts jimmy etc. And if you are handy, you can fix it yourself. But you would need to be sure that once the A board is replaced, your TV will work.

They told that my TV is worth 29K only , Is this a good deal or should i negotitate? I am Copy pasting the email

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Good Evening !!

This has reference to the below mail regarding performance of your Plasma.

At the outset, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have got the confirmation from our branch service team that we have offered you a commercial solution in which as per the invoice value 70 % depreciation is applicable .

We request you to solicit your kind understanding in this regards, So that we may enable to proceed for further.

With Regards,
XXXXXXXX
VOC
Customer Service
Panasonic India Private Limited

if so what model to get or should i wait for diwali offer ?

I had the 6 blink issue again with my VT20.
Sent the TV to Panasonic service center and got the SC board renewed and A board repaired, Total cost 12000/.
TV is coming back today so will keep you updated.

Cheers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back