Panasonic ST30 Owners Thread

I purchased a Panasonic 42 inch Plasma TV model 42ST30D from Sargam Electronics, Rajouri Garden, Delhi. They assured me that the TV is sealed and new unit and Never Used. After Installing I found that the TV has signs of wear on rear. I checked the usage hours of the Set (Thanks to HiFi vision for providing knowledge and awareness :signthankspin:) and it was SHOCKING to found that the TV was used for more that 1300Hrs !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I called up the Sargam guys and they denied initially but confessed later on that this was used as a Demo piece for 6-7 months. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
they offered me a discount of 2.5 thousand, ( Sharam nahi aati $#%@ ko :mad::mad:). They finally agreed to refund my full money and took back the TV.
Sharing this fact with all of You guys on Hifi. Please be aware of this. DON'T purchase any thing from SARGAM ELECTRONICS.
Dont buy any 42ST30D Plasma from them they have only one piece left which I returned. The Serial number of Set is QN1310067..
Please share this Serial number with all your friends seeking Panasonic Plasma in Delhi NCR so that any other innocent should not get cheated.

Hi Aquavitoe,
Congrates for your purchase & Glad to hear that you saved your money & Time too.
Sargam is a different story, even Panasonic brandshops sales persons are also try to fool their customers. I have faced the same with Brandshop in Jail Road (Vandana).The set was Repacked from bottom side, Top side was intact .When i insisted for checking usage time through SRV tool , First they restored factory setting in front of me & spent about 15 minutes in convinsing me that the set is not used at all (Blah Blah ). When i tried to check it my self sales person denied to do so.:sad:

Mate...how mich time has it taken...I am awaiting replacement of my 50VT20 which also developed similar problem in the 11th month.....its been almost 2 months waiting for a replacement.....havent yet heard from Panasonic guys

My VT20 also has a similar fault as yours. The engineer offered to fix two of the display boards first and said he will be back.

The replacement TV might be tricky. The VT20 has not been in production for two years and they are not importing any VT30s in the 50" size. They may be doing a custom import. If mine is diagnosed the same as yours. I guess they will import a few from the new line just for you and me.

My VT20 also has a similar fault as yours. The engineer offered to fix two of the display boards first and said he will be back.

The replacement TV might be tricky. The VT20 has not been in production for two years and they are not importing any VT30s in the 50" size. They may be doing a custom import. If mine is diagnosed the same as yours. I guess they will import a few from the new line just for you and me.

The final analysis for my set was that it a Panel problem hence the service guy came with digital camera and took photos. He also opened the set and took photos of the inside i.e board sr no, etc post which I have been waiting for a replacement.....4 months have passed...

any body know how to change Gamma settings fo ST30 from service menu? I am looking for a way to increase the brightness of my ST30.

How to get the extended warranty of 2 yrs for my st230? Is this the warranty given by dealer or manufacturer? When I asked croma where I bought my tv says, that should have claimed with in one year of purchase and not possible now.

Here just panasonic plasma demo pieces are available.I saw 50ST30 and the price is 95k and 50UT30 price is 85k.Both are demo pieces and they said no fresh pieces are available.I really liked ST30 and now i realise why i see so much appreciation about panasonic plasmas in this forum :)

Panasonic ST30 is 2011 model and ST60 is 2013 model with significant upgrades. I don't know if you'll get good after-sales support with that TV as parts might not be available. 50ST30 for 95K is too costly. A forum member booked 50ST60 for 98K. I wouldn't recommend ST30 now if you even get it for 75K.

Bumping up old thread!!

Guys,
My 50ST30D has problem with HDMI port. 2 of the ports are not working and panny engineer said that there is so spare!!. They want to refund the amount with depreciation or choose any new panny tv!

Request your help to choose :)

Prem.V,

I had issues with my 50ST30D last month and got the SS board replaced. Check the depreciation amount or better ask them a 50inch 3D LED tv as replacement.

Prem.V,

I had issues with my 50ST30D last month and got the SS board replaced. Check the depreciation amount or better ask them a 50inch 3D LED tv as replacement.

Thanks sunshine_vsk.

Panny person has informed me that there is no spares. They have given me 2 options.

1. Refund the money with 25% dep.
I have used the TV for around 700 hrs so far in 31 months. Guess 25% dep is very high

2. Select any Panasonic TV (LED / LCD). We need to pay the difference amount to panasonic company. They would give me the new TV under dealer price.

I am not sure about the performance of LED / LCD. and there is no Plasma it seams!

Have to decide.

Any suggestion for alternatives. PQ is important

Thanks

So you'll get back 71K-ish if you give it back ?? I would say "take it". Get the LG 50PB6600 instead or Samsung 51F5500 if you want plasma. Moving from plasma to LED seems a downgrade.

Have been looking for Sony and Samsung LED. Totally disappointed with the PQ and colour reproduction:sad:

Checked with Panasonic with new 3d model 50AS670D. They don't have the prices yet.

Guys, need all your help in moving from Plasma to LED, Please

Any suggestion?

Have been looking for Sony and Samsung LED. Totally disappointed with the PQ and colour reproduction:sad:

Checked with Panasonic with new 3d model 50AS670D. They don't have the prices yet.

Guys, need all your help in moving from Plasma to LED, Please

Any suggestion?

Hi Prem-V,

As AnubisX advised, take your money and demo both those models. Go for Sammy 51F5500 if you want to stick with Plasma. Based on Samsung released info, plasma production will be stopped sometime Dec 2014 this year. The 64" 8500 (1.5L - 2.1L) and 51" 5500 (64.5k - 73.6k) both 3D are the only two decent plasmas from Samsung. After the ST30 you won't like the 4900 series plasma besides its only HD ready and no 3D.

After that, no chance to buy any plasma anyways. Can go for extended warranty from Samsung.

Let us know what you decide. All the best!

Last edited:
Even Im in a similar situation, my 50ST30 is dead and panasonic is offering a new LED at MRP after considering a depreciation of 25%. I have rejected the replacement offer and have demanded the refund as i'm alaready loosing 26K as depreciation and also the LED model which they r offering me is available in the market for 18K cheaper with a 2 years warranty and free 3D blu ray player.

Now the question is, even if we buy a samsung 3D plasma with extended warranty there will be a similar situation after 1 or 2 years where the company might have run out of spares and will have to provide a LED as replacement or a refund. Does samsung has similar depreciation policy like panasonic?

Last edited:
Literally no solutions from Panasonic except daily calls and e mails!

Have finally requested for refund before warranty expiry and have provided documents (Cancelled Cheque and ID Proof). The refund is expected in 20 days after which they will take the TV.

Have checked couple of LED / LCD. Not going for Plasma since sammy is goind to discontinue and i don't want the refund / no spares thing to happen in future!

Have Checked with Sunshine_vsk for panny AS670D. PQ is good compared to samsung and sony. Waiting for refund and some diwali offer

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back