Panasonic ST30 Owners Thread

Well all the effort I did in my last thread was o find a new piece, not a demo one. But all these unscrupulous sales people made me believe that they are the only one in entire Delhi have this and that is a demo.

Finally found this new one piece and I think at the lowest price I have heard on this forum. : 50k. :)

Well all the effort I did in my last thread was o find a new piece, not a demo one. But all these unscrupulous sales people made me believe that they are the only one in entire Delhi have this and that is a demo.

Finally found this new one piece and I think at the lowest price I have heard on this forum. : 50k. :)

How many glasses and did you get free printer offer with it...which manuf month

Last edited:
I got mine from Panasonic Lajpat Nagar last week in 51k, with two 3D glasses and a Hair Drier as a special gift. It's a brand new piece, so if someone is still interested.

LCDFREAK, now where are you getting the ST50D at 60k from? I would suggest ST50D anytime.
Rajneesh, I bought the ST30D from Panasonic showroom in Lajpat Nagar at 51k.
I am not from Ericsson.

Media player of ST30 seems crappy one. It does not play most of the HD /Full HD content downloaded from net even though the audio and video codec are same as the supported ones as mentioned in their catalogue. I have updated software version (from 2110 to 2117) , but no improvements.

Also It could not find subtitles of some mkv files. Even my 2008 model Philips DVD player played some files with subtitles which ST30's could not.

I wonder is this that much difficult for Panasonic to have a decent media player while its picture processing techniques are excellent? A freely available VLC media player could play almost all formats , why can't a mid end Plasma TV do the same?

One more problem bothering is when I play some content through USB , picture seems washed out or with low brightness in a moderately bright room. I heard if we set the panel brightness to mid or max , we can increase , can improve brightness. Is these setting are available in Indian models?

Last edited:
Media player of ST30 seems crappy one. It does not play most of the HD /Full HD content downloaded from net even though the audio and video codec are same as the supported ones as mentioned in their catalogue. I have updated software version (from 2110 to 2117) , but no improvements.

Also It could not find subtitles of some mkv files. Even my 2008 model Philips DVD player played some files with subtitles which ST30's could not.

I wonder is this that much difficult for Panasonic to have a decent media player while its picture processing techniques are excellent? A freely available VLC media player could play almost all formats , why can't a mid end Plasma TV do the same?

One more problem bothering is when I play some content through USB , picture seems washed out or with low brightness in a moderately bright room. I heard if we set the panel brightness to mid or max , we can increase , can improve brightness. Is these setting are available in Indian models?

These settings are in us model

My 11 month old 42st30 has developed an issue. Im not sure what this fault is called, will try to describe it.

About two inches from the left edge there is a vertical line running from top to bottom. It is one pixel wide and the color looks inverted. It prominently shows on the OSD (blue) as a red line. Stays on for all inputs, just changes color.

Have called Panasonic and was refered to their Service centre in Mumbai (Atharva electronics). Three technicians have visited so far.
First tech guy - Immediately on noticing the fault, said it cant be repaired and that the set will have to be replaced.
Second tech guy - Came with a broken panasonic lumix digicam and took about 20 to 30 pics of the screen and the insides of the set. He said only the plasma panel will be replaced.
Third tech guy - This one came to click some more pics. He said the previously sent pictures have come back. I think the Hours count was missing. Again he was of the opinion that the entire set would be replaced.

Have been a very satisfied owner since the last 11 months, hope this fault gets repaired or the set is replaced ASAP.

Have two questions if anyone has any idea about it:

1. If Panasonic finally decides to replace the set, wonder if they would agree to upgrade to a larger size? (I am ready to pay the difference)

2. Also if 42ST30 is not availabile in stock whether they would replace it with a 42ST50? :)

Getting a bit greedy here, however Im more than ready to pay the difference.

BTW - The Hours count is ~ 1500

Panasonic has finally replaced my 11 month old 42ST30, which had developed a panel fault, with a brand new 42ST50. They have a very satisfied customer in me now, guess things are improving for us Indian customers.
I had requested them to upgrade to a 50inch model and was ready to pay the price difference, but they did not agree.
The fault was not repairable and I was told that the price of the panel was more than a new set, taking into account the logistics involved.
Hope such a fault does not occur after the warranty expires.
The remaining warranty of two years will now be applicable on the new set.

Panasonic has finally replaced my 11 month old 42ST30, which had developed a panel fault, with a brand new 42ST50. They have a very satisfied customer in me now, guess things are improving for us Indian customers.
I had requested them to upgrade to a 50inch model and was ready to pay the price difference, but they did not agree.
The fault was not repairable and I was told that the price of the panel was more than a new set, taking into account the logistics involved.
Hope such a fault does not occur after the warranty expires.
The remaining warranty of two years will now be applicable on the new set.

Mate...how mich time has it taken...I am awaiting replacement of my 50VT20 which also developed similar problem in the 11th month.....its been almost 2 months waiting for a replacement.....havent yet heard from Panasonic guys

Mate...how mich time has it taken...I am awaiting replacement of my 50VT20 which also developed similar problem in the 11th month.....its been almost 2 months waiting for a replacement.....havent yet heard from Panasonic guys

Illusion Heart, it took them just about a month.

Folks need help with setting up the audio return channel (ARC) between my Pana ST30D TV and Onkyo 709 AVR. My setup is:
Hathway HD STB connected to Onkyo AVR via HDMI (CBL/SAT HDMI input)
Onkyo AVR HDMI Out Main(supports ARC) connected to Pana ST30D TV's HDMI2(supports ARC)
However, when I try to enable the ARC feature by using the 'Viera Link' button on TV remote I get "Feature not supported". What am I missing ? Any help is appreciated!

*Both HDMI cables I'm using are HDMI 1.4

Last edited:
No sir. The one at 50k is brand new. Hopefully. As what committed by sales guy. If one can believe them

Done be fooled by sales persons even in brand shops.
Just check the bottom side if there is tape used twice??:mad:
Now a days they unpack the set from opposite side & re pack it after months long Demo.
I have Just saved my money with a guarantee of sealed piece.;)
The offer was 55k with 4 glasses.:licklips::licklips:

Folks need help with setting up the audio return channel (ARC) between my Pana ST30D TV and Onkyo 709 AVR. My setup is:
Hathway HD STB connected to Onkyo AVR via HDMI (CBL/SAT HDMI input)
Onkyo AVR HDMI Out Main(supports ARC) connected to Pana ST30D TV's HDMI2(supports ARC)
However, when I try to enable the ARC feature by using the 'Viera Link' button on TV remote I get "Feature not supported". What am I missing ? Any help is appreciated!

*Both HDMI cables I'm using are HDMI 1.4

Are you trying to return audio stream from USB playback source on TV or some other source directly connected to TV to the AVR?

Are you trying to return audio stream from USB playback source on TV or some other source directly connected to TV to the AVR?
I've tried connecting a Wii gaming console and a USB pen drive with video directly to the TV but the audio is not available to the Onkyo AVR and the speakers connected to the AVR.
RIHD has been enabled on the Onkyo AVR.
When I use 'Viera Link' on the Panasonic TV remote it says 'Feature not available' - To set up ARC on the TV I need to use the Viera Link menu.

Done be fooled by sales persons even in brand shops.
Just check the bottom side if there is tape used twice??:mad:
Now a days they unpack the set from opposite side & re pack it after months long Demo.
I have Just saved my money with a guarantee of sealed piece.;)
The offer was 55k with 4 glasses.:licklips::licklips:
If you're buying a Panasonic TV, you can check the usage - Hours and No. of times TV has been switched on from the service tool menu (SRV TOOL). More information here:
The Official "How to Check the Hours Used on Your Plasma" Thread:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back