Panasonic ST30 Owners Thread

Can someone tell me which logitech cordless keyboards work with P42ST30, if possible the price also.

What was the keyboard model that some got as offer along with the TV last diwali?

I don't want a separate cordless keyboard and cordless mouse and also want the option to use it either directly with the TV or sometimes also connect it to the PC as well. The logitech Dinovo series seems promising any idea on the price?

And last but not the least, WISH EVERYONE A LOUD, BRIGHT(no pun intended) AND COLOURFULL DIWALI !!.... enjoy your toys boys :cheers:

Last edited:
I am getting a sealed one on same price. But its manufactured in June 2011.
i have read about fluctuating brightness issue in Models manufactured before August.(AVS Forum ) Is it true? or applies only with 50" or higher models? just want an answer from current owners.:sad:
Thanks in Advance.

Please share your opinion.:rolleyes:

Neeraj
I did not see this issue in my set, but the manf date was AUG 2011. Used it for about 11 months. However I have not come across any instance from an owner in India. Also i have read in many AV forums that the UK and US models have more settings. Maybe thats related to the issue. Q though is about why a July 11 set is not sold yet? I think you should double check if its factory refurbished or if they have put it together using parts from different returned sets.
This is my wild guesswork.

Neeraj
I did not see this issue in my set, but the manf date was AUG 2011. Used it for about 11 months. However I have not come across any instance from an owner in India. Also i have read in many AV forums that the UK and US models have more settings. Maybe thats related to the issue. Q though is about why a July 11 set is not sold yet? I think you should double check if its factory refurbished or if they have put it together using parts from different returned sets.
This is my wild guesswork.

Mr. Zed thanks for your reply even after busy schedule In Deepawali :D

I am getting this set from Pana Brand Shop & its in sealed condition.
Perhaps its old stock. Means Company like Panasonic does not follow FIFO.:rolleyes:
Please advise

Perhaps its old stock. Means Company like Panasonic does not follow FIFO.:rolleyes:
Please advise

If you are certain then go for it. Maybe you can take an assurance from a Panasonic manager (Branch Service In-Charge Customer Care). Hope you have done the st30 and st50 comparison, its a significant upgrade. Dont want to confuse you, but i have used both and the difference is huge(of course in price too :)). Also ensure you get the 3 year warranty.

Please advise

Buddy I am a big plasma fan and reason big PQ & better motion flow.

Now guess what, with 2012 range there is serious banding/ DSE at least in my case and many more across US/UK.

In case you are a sports fan, revisit the choice as DSE just spoils the fun.

I am not sure if 2011 had same issues too. Whats the point if Plasma gives crap motion flow flaw.

My inputs are basis my own exp and inputs from tons of users on AVSforum.

Just going off topic, I thought this DSE issue is not that common here in India as there is very little mentioned on the ST50 owners thread. Have now checked other AV forums and found THREADS for DSE for Panny '12 models started far back in June.
My ST50 has it too. Will take this further on other threads.

It is not economical for company to pick up set from owners, if they have serious issues.

Have seen such case with friend of mine in Pune. Also has been
reported in AV forum.

They just leave old set under warranty and give u new one.
your headache to dispose off the old set

Just going off topic, I thought this DSE issue is not that common here in India as there is very little mentioned on the ST50 owners thread. Have now checked other AV forums and found THREADS for DSE for Panny '12 models started far back in June.

Agree....my st50 as you already know is worse case..but it's good to caution people as it spoils the fun of watching a
Sports....damn

Mr. zed what about DSE in ST30? have you seen anything wrong with them also?

Mr. zed what about DSE in ST30? have you seen anything wrong with them also?

THOSE WERE THE DAYS AND THEY ARE NEVER COMING BACK :)
I did not know about DSE or IR or Burn In or Break In or any of these issues. I signed up on this forum about a month after my ST30 came home. Came to know about DSE after my ST50 came home about a month ago.
However if my ST30 had any DSE I would have definitely noticed. Never did any BREAK IN on the ST30 but I used to display a plain white image made in MS PAINT for White Balance purposes AND NEVER SAW ANY NON-UNIFORMITY.

I did not know about DSE or IR or Burn In or Break In or any of these issues. I signed up on this forum about a month after my ST30 came home. Came to know about DSE after my ST50 came home about a month ago.
However if my ST30 had any DSE I would have definitely noticed. Never did any BREAK IN on the ST30 but I used to display a plain white image made in MS PAINT for White Balance purposes AND NEVER SAW ANY NON-UNIFORMITY.

Love that those were the days bit......::lol:

Buddy how bad is DSE on st50...I have posted link to image of DSE on green slide in a separate thread....

http://www.hifivision.com/television/31684-2012-pana-owners-do-you-see-dse-banding-3.html

I guess we both got April batch plasmas

Mr. Zed Thanks for our reply.
perhaps those Days are still in favor of me & giving me a chance to catch them :yahoo::yahoo:

So could i conclude that i should not miss this opportunity to own this lovely set. ( i have requested them for a post august manufactured set)
What you say sir??:)

Love that those were the days bit......::lol:

Buddy how bad is DSE on st50...I have posted link to image of DSE on green slide in a separate thread....

http://www.hifivision.com/television/31684-2012-pana-owners-do-you-see-dse-banding-3.html

I guess we both got April batch plasmas

lcdfreak
Was just joking. Ignorance might be bliss for the casual viewer but for us FMs who put everything under a microscope it is BLISS only untill the trainwreck happens.
Better informed is always better.
How bad is the DSE on my ST50? Well its there for sure, hard to quantify. Lets take this further on some other thread. Still not decided on my course of action.
Had PMed you last week - my ST50 is AUG12 born.

Mr. Zed Thanks for our reply.
perhaps those Days are still in favor of me & giving me a chance to catch them :yahoo::yahoo:

So could i conclude that i should not miss this opportunity to own this lovely set. ( i have requested them for a post august manufactured set)
What you say sir??:)

neeraj
On one hand you have the DSE or VBI of the ST50 and on the other you have a list of improvements it has over the ST30.
Also do check the price difference at the point of making the purchase. Multiple posts elsewhere suggest a drastic reduction in the 50 series sets.
Moreover the condition of providing you a issue free ST50 does not sound unreasonable compared to providing you a post AUG11 ST30.

lcdfreak
Was just joking. Ignorance might be bliss for the casual viewer but for us FMs who put everything under a microscope it is BLISS only untill the trainwreck happens.
Better informed is always better.
How bad is the DSE on my ST50? Well its there for sure, hard to quantify. Lets take this further on some other thread. Still not decided on my course of action.
Had PMed you last week - my ST50 is AUG12 born.

You got a replacement or bought it..

You got a replacement or bought it..

It was a replacement for my ST30. It had a panel fault (I think its called LINE BLEED) which could not be repaired.
Thats why I am gathering enough data before i confront Panasonic. If this would have happened to a regular retail buy, I would have gone THERMO-NUCLEAR on them (in the words of igod)

It was a replacement for my ST30. It had a panel fault (I think its called LINE BLEED) which could not be repaired.
Thats why I am gathering enough data before i confront Panasonic. If this would have happened to a regular retail buy, I would have gone THERMO-NUCLEAR on them (in the words of igod)

Good one...it's got worse for me..soccer looks crap with lines all over screen...hows ur baby doing

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back