Panasonic ST30 Owners Thread

Hey guys,

I've been hunting high & low for the ST60 but haven't been able to find it anywhere. An online seller had the GT50s but before I could order it, it was sold out! Come on!! Anyway, I see another online seller now who's put up 42" ST30s on sale for about 68k.

Could all the owners please please please tell me if it's worth a buy?? I really don't wanna plonk down a big sum of money on an LED right now & plasma's always been my favorite. With nothing available on the market right now, I wanna know if this is my last chance at a good plasma.

Thanks!

One simple answer: while 42ST30 is a good TV, no way it is worth 68k. It is a 2011 model and the mrp was was 85k, street price 78k. Even if this is an unused model (which I seriously doubt), it would not be worth more than 50k.

Thanks Just4kix, I think the plasma horizon is slowly turning bleak for me. I guess my only bet at the moment then is to consider a Samsung F5500 which is the only plasma TV that seems to show some promise after the Panny's. I've also been trying for the flagship F8500 51" but it's available in India at only 64". :sad:

Let's see if any of our friends have any other opinions.

68K for 3 yr old model 42ST30 is too much even though it was a good TV.
I guess it will be used or demo piece.

As you have already mentioned, 2013 model 51F5500 is the best bet - 1080p, 3D Smart or 64F8500 at higher end if still available.
I think Samsung's 2014 models H4900 series are only 720p and 1080p makes a lot of difference at 51inch size.

Thanks Sunil for adding your two cents. It does say "brand new" on the site, but if it's really a demo or used piece, I guess those guys are taking consumers for a ride with that price tag.

I'll hang around & see if there's an angel wanting to sell off his/her ST60 or the GTs--you know how big people are on LED & 4K & what nots nowadays. But I guess they wouldn't have bought plasma in the first place if that was the case.

Anyhoo, I'll visit a couple of showrooms around Bangalore & see what the current offer on the F5500 is. I really wish there was a 51" F8500 as it's ridiculous for Samsung to sell that model in only 64". I mean, even if I have the money, I don't have a wall big enough and distance far enough to watch the TV from.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

My tv stopped working and it would simply blink with power led.

Today tech people came and said its a problem with the a-board or Tuner board. They said the replacement for the board will arrive more than 10 days and he asked whether we could get it from online.

Does anyone know where to get ? or should i stick with panasonic replacemnt itself ?

Hi Navin,

Sad news I'am also facing red blinks issue with VT20 model.
Cost estimate from Panasonic is 9500/- as of now.

Count the no of red blips carefully and figure out, hope it is still under 3 years guarantee or you'll have to bear the cost for replacement of board.

Looks like these panels are having issues after 2/3 yeas of use mainly in coastal cities.:mad:

Contact Panasonic service and try to get the TV repaired at home after taking the quote from service technician.

Below is what I've gathered from Net:

All the best.

Cheers:)

BLINKS PROBLEM MALFUNCTIONING PART
==========================

1 blink STV 5v sense DG Board

2 blinks 15v SOS D Board

3 blinks 3.3v SOS D Board

4 blinks Power SOS P Board

5 blinks 5v SOS D Board

6 blinks Driver SOS 1 SU / SD / SC Boards
(SC energy recovery circuit)

7 blinks Driver SOS 2 SU / SD / SS Boards
(SC floating voltage area)

8 blinks Driver SOS 3 SS Board
(SS energy recovery circuit)

9 blinks Panel Config. SOS

10 blinks Sub 5v SOS / Main 3v SOS DG Board
DTV 9v SOS / Tuner Power SOS

11 blinks Fan SOS PB Board

12 blinks Sound SOS H Board

13 blinks Communication error DG Board
with IC8001 (Pesks Lite 2)

All the best.

Literally no solutions from Panasonic except daily calls and e mails!

Have finally requested for refund before warranty expiry and have provided documents (Cancelled Cheque and ID Proof). The refund is expected in 20 days after which they will take the TV.

Have checked couple of LED / LCD. Not going for Plasma since sammy is goind to discontinue and i don't want the refund / no spares thing to happen in future!

Have Checked with Sunshine_vsk for panny AS670D. PQ is good compared to samsung and sony. Waiting for refund and some diwali offer

If u r being offered 71k. me . i would go n buy the samsung 55inch plasma for 65k and get the 3yr xt warranty
luckily for me they were able to get the required board and restore partial functionality. only the audio of the "TV" (ie., the tv input part of the tv) is not working. since i only always used it as a a display panel, connecting all inputs through my onkyo avr, i had no issues with it and i am very happy

gvr

My tv stopped working and it would simply blink with power led.

Today tech people came and said its a problem with the a-board or Tuner board. They said the replacement for the board will arrive more than 10 days and he asked whether we could get it from online.

Does anyone know where to get ? or should i stick with panasonic replacemnt itself ?

Stick with Panasonic replacement, I've not seen these available on line.

I asked the panasonic and they didnt give proper reply. This time they said they have placed an order and will let me know

Will be placing a call tomorrow to ask about to update.

Its pretty sad a 1 L TV turns into stone and there is not enough spare parts to deal with it.

Should i have stuck with led or lcd ?

If they say there is no spare parts , i might escalate to panasonic HQ and if still nothing , i might ask for replacement with newer tv or discount on new tv .

I asked the panasonic and they didnt give proper reply. This time they said they have placed an order and will let me know

Will be placing a call tomorrow to ask about to update.

Its pretty sad a 1 L TV turns into stone and there is not enough spare parts to deal with it.

Should i have stuck with led or lcd ?

If they say there is no spare parts , i might escalate to panasonic HQ and if still nothing , i might ask for replacement with newer tv or discount on new tv .

Don't loose heart Naveen.

The SC board costs 9500/, the part will come from Delhi.

Fortunately for me that I didnt have to replace any parts.
I tried resetting the TV many times and fortunately my Plasma came back to life.
It's working fine now.

Try doing same for ST 30 and may be you get lucky,

All the best.

Cheers:)

Hi, Naveen,

If there's delay in getting the spare board i would suggest you to demand for a replacement or refund.

I had a similar issue last year, my 50ST30D TV was not working within 2 months after the SC board was replaced. So the 2nd time i directly asked for a refund coz in the case of replacement panasonic service were Quoting the MRP for the replacement set after considering 25% depreciation for my old set.

Our forum member Prem.V also faced a similar problem, we both got the refund on the same day and we ended up buying 50AS670D.

Thanks,
Senthil

sad news. My P50ST30 made a Balloon exploding noise and the Tv is gone.
Now I see the led light blinking 7 times.
Guys, any idea?

Anyone interested in purchasing ST30 series, 42 inches and 50 inches plasma respectively?

I happen to know that it is available in Thrissur (small towns zindabad!!!) probably display pieces at roughly Rs 40,000 and Rs 50,000 respectively.

Anyone interested please PM me, I will confirm final prices and find the details etc.

Any thoughts about, will I be able to repair this TV, and if yes then how much will I have to spend approximately.
You experts opinion will help me a lot.

Last edited:
Sorry couldnt update on this issue, as i was little busy.

They said they will let me know of the issue by Tuesday, ie whether i will get the board or not.

I wish it was still under warranty. Also if they are going to refund or replace or give me a discount on a new TV in thier brand itself , i dont know how much depreciation they will be deducting on my TV.

Its really sad , that a premium segment TV has to suffer such an end. Went for Panasonic for its build quality , really disappointed.

Thanks sunshine_vsk , will surely step up the demand as soon as possible.

A small request , in case they are willign to give a discount on their new TV range, which one is the best , after having a 50" TV , i dont want to step down from the size. Also is it good to go for 3D or purely go for picture quality ? I was enjoying 3D a little bit and was a baby sitter for many kids who come to my home.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back