Panasonic ST30 Owners Thread

Naveen_Reloaded

Today My 50" ST30 arrived . It was installed in a flash and already i had everything ready for its arrival

Checked whether its a demo piece with the help of this thread and also checked using service menu

Confirmed that it was indeed a fresh piece. To be on a safer side i checked with the remote and other nook and corners for possible dust and finger print, none was there. But i couldn't find any manufacturing date or month.

Hooked it up to my PS3 and PS3 detected that it was 3D TV :cool: and asked whether it wanted to enable 3D. Proceeded from there and played few 1080P movie songs . Just excellent PQ. colors were awesome.. PERIOD!!

Short Review:

-Build and Looks - Many reviews said the design is just O.K. You see a 50" TV with a different tinge screen , not the usual black you see in LCD. Its is kind of a tinge you see in old CRT`s.. Along with a neatly cut borders , and a flat rectangle glossy base , you will just fall in love..I never considered the thickness of any LCD/LED/Plasama during my search , since it doesnt matter once you wallmount or install it on a stand. But none the less , it is thin. AFter sometime and also after a CRT like button type to switch it on (my prev LCD had to be switched on through remote) it will feel a lot different. The TV is really well built. It looks and feel very professional.

- 3D is simply awesome. saw a clip from LG demo clip and the fish in that clip was only 1 feet from me.. It was so close.. crosstalk was almost nil so far . ( i saw 4-5 clips) Depth depends on the 3D content. Slight eye irritation was there if you try to wander your view in the picture. Its best to keep your view to one point to reduce eye irritation if you experience any.

-HD content is really top notch.. I have no words for it. Colors are so natural.. (all setting kept at 50% - default) Its the first time i am seeing the skin tone as i see in theatres.. EXCELLENT!! Plasma is the way to go
update: Watched few movies and i am simply taken back my the level of smoothness and fluid like motion it can create. It was as if i am watching in a theatre. Again , Colors are simply gorgeus...!!

-SD contents - up-scaling is also good.. my cable channels are watchable not bad ..

-Reflections are there !! But they are minimal. But soon you immerse yourself into a movie or a song , you forget everything and will be drooling at the screen... :D

-BLACKS - I cant differentiate the end of the screen and room at dark . I wonder how dark VT20 would be ... :D

-Connectivity - viera connect is fast and good.

-Remote - one of the best remote i have handled thus far.. big fonts , good placement of buttons .. excellent..!! But , you can get confused with the ends as both sides feel the same.

-Sound
- Very decent.. clean .. enough to fill a bed room adequately.

-Menu - Navigation through menu is very fast and the UI looks good . I really liked the way it responded . MY LCD and CRT i have now have painful and slow menu navigation. Setting wise , I am still exploring settings..

It has Pixel Orbiter and a Scroll BAR to take care of Image Retention.

If you are moving from a 40" (OLD LCD with large borders) you will not feel the difference in size.. after few minutes you will get used to it. You will notice the size when you start watching a movie(16:9) . Till now there is no fluctuating brightness or IR ..

Thats it folks , going back to enjoy the TV...

Few pics :

All pictures taken with Cannon DSLR D500 . All pictures are taken with 3.7MP (to lower the size of the file). Pictures were taken in a haste.. :(

:yahoo:

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3106.JPG

To give a little perspective on the size
.. The Length of TV is slightly longer than the the length of a tubelight

IMG_3111.JPG

Little Messy at this moment

IMG_3113.JPG

Inception BR : Colors and clarity were what i saw in theatre.. Excellent .

IMG_3118.JPG

IMG_3119.JPG

Black level when i closed all curtains... cant differentiate the end of the TV an the rest of the room..

IMG_3120.JPG

A photography 720P Video.. Stuning colors

IMG_3092.JPG

IMG_3093.JPG

Just updated to 2.113 , but did a mistake of updating directly from TV.. So the text were present on the screen for around 10mintues.. no IR though.. But If you are going to update, update via USB

Will post and update a little later...

Links :

Apps and Few advice on 3D:
http://www.hifivision.com/television/21554-panasonic-st30-owners-thread.html#post299161
For Advanced Users : Panel Prep and Reference setting : http://www.highdefjunkies.com/showthread.php?9134-2011-Panasonic-Settings-Issues-Thread

Note:

I dont know how much i am greatful to this forum and its members. They have been patient with me , my queries , gave helpful suggestion throughout my 2 weeks of search to get a good TV. Thanks to all of you guys..

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
Remote control Apps for Iphone and Android :

QkxXR.png

Android : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.panasonic.pavc.viera.nrc
iphone : App Store - VIERA remote

Few Advice on 3D :

1.) Depth of 3D depends on the content of the 3D . Some 3D contents i watched will not pop-out , but have depth within the TV. some will have depth outside, ie pop-out. So depends on the 3D material you play. to have a good sense , get LG demo video. It has a good pop-out in a underwater fish scene
2.) Its better to watch 3D content at night to get no flickering of light source. Due to active shutter , any other light source within the viewing field will start to flicker and might distract and irritate the eye. So 3D contents are best watched at night and with all other light sources dampened or removed like windows , lights , any LED etc.
3.) If you dont get a 3D effect , check the following
-(i) 3D glasses are charged or not , a red light will indicate if its on. there is no indicator for low battery . CMIIW
-(ii) No object in between the IR sensor on the Tv(bottom center) and the 3D glass.
-(iii) You have not set to display it as 2D
4.) If you experience headache or other symptoms , remove the eye glass immediately.

Last edited:
Congrats :)

Just curious to know the manufacturing batch of your TV :D ..

all the places i have checked has only july 2011 batch ..i was hoping to get aug-sept batch which has the fix for FB issue

Congrats on the TV Naveen. It looks great. I'm a little jealous that the VT does not look as good :p

BTW, no point making reserved posts; this forum does not allow you to edit posts after 24 hours.

If you have an Android / iPhone, look for an app called Viera Remote. It'll allow you to control your TV from your phone... another reason to be jealous ;)

Congrats :)

Just curious to know the manufacturing batch of your TV :D ..

all the places i have checked has only july 2011 batch ..i was hoping to get aug-sept batch which has the fix for FB issue

I specifically asked the dealer to provide me a post - august Manfuctured TV. I am not sure how to check it though. But FB issue is solved via firmware i suppose. The firmware i updated showed the description as "pal11's peaks soft update contents"
Do you know anway to find the manf date/month ?

Congrats on the TV Naveen. It looks great. I'm a little jealous that the VT does not look as good :p

BTW, no point making reserved posts; this forum does not allow you to edit posts after 24 hours.

If you have an Android / iPhone, look for an app called Viera Remote. It'll allow you to control your TV from your phone... another reason to be jealous ;)

Thanks a lot.. VT20 wins in clarity .. So after switching off the lights , Vt20 will win by miles... :)

Ohh.. then i will update the first post soon with forum links and articles ASAP.

Already posted the apps... :eek:hyeah:

one of the panasonic brand shop showed me a box piece and the box carried a sticker where it was mentioned as July 2011..

hopefully thats correct..not sure if there are any other ways...

Congrats Naveen:clapping:.... Good decision to buy st30. Bad luck that you could not get vt20. Nice pictures of the set up.Anyways are you not using break in settings on st30? Refer satans settings on vt20.. refer Allajunakis post on st30 thread if you have not gone through it yet. You ll get useful inputs on st30 there. :clapping:

I searched the box thoroughly , but i couldnt find anything .. All i had as some bar-code. but I think if you have FBr issue , you can call the CC and ask them to replace the A board/.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=20799695&postcount=3775

Congrats Naveen,

How many mins of usage did it show in service menu?.

The month of manufacture and month of import will be mentioned in the box. it will be mentioned in the white label. did you get the wireless keyboard and the additional 3D glass?

Congrats Naveen:clapping:.... Good decision to buy st30. Bad luck that you could not get vt20. Nice pictures of the set up.Anyways are you not using break in settings on st30? Refer satans settings on vt20.. refer Allajunakis post on st30 thread if you have not gone through it yet. You ll get useful inputs on st30 there. :clapping:

I just watched few 3D clips , HD movies and some normal SD and cable stuff and right now i have switched it off..

I want to read about break-in and proceed. Tomorrow I have to lay the LAN cable from my router all the way to the TV . Already got a 20M LAN cable and set it up. currently took the LAN cable from PS3 and installed few viera apps. Nice apps.

More than anything , inclusion of shoutcast , my favourite is top.. Only downside is many apps have still images and text.. dont know what to do

Is there a screensaver or something in ST30 ? I couldnt find one.

I was about to PM you.. my bad..:sad:

Congrats Naveen,

How many mins of usage did it show in service menu?.

The month of manufacture and month of import will be mentioned in the box. it will be mentioned in the white label. did you get the wireless keyboard and the additional 3D glass?

It was clean

it showed 6 minutes and two times switched.. everything happened after the opening of the box only.. so it was fresh piece.

Panasonic demo guy will be coming tomorrow. Already i have explored everything. I will confirm with him about the warranty , which unfortunately in the card given says its 1 year.

What was on your white label ? all i have is a barcode label.

ya i got a wireless KB .. as for additional glass... no..:sad:

9K per glass is way too costly..

I just watched few 3D clips , HD movies and some normal SD and cable stuff and right now i have switched it off..

I want to read about break-in and proceed. Tomorrow I have to lay the LAN cable from my router all the way to the TV . Already got a 20M LAN cable and set it up. currently took the LAN cable from PS3 and installed few viera apps. Nice apps.

More than anything , inclusion of shoutcast , my favourite is top.. Only downside is many apps have still images and text.. dont know what to do

Is there a screensaver or something in ST30 ? I couldnt find one.

I was about to PM you.. my bad..:sad:

You can PM 'allajunaki' regarding any help regarding st30. he is the owner of 42st30 since 3 months i think. All the best:)

@naveen
can you please comment on the SD channel PQ? how do normal English news channels look?

@naveen
can you please comment on the SD channel PQ? how do normal English news channels look?

Well if you mean by cable channels , It really does a good job imo for such a large sized TV. Compared to my prev LCD , it actually does a good job.

But it depends on the quality of the content. If the content on the cable is good , out put will be good.

overall it does a good job .. But will report back within a day or two when my ADTV HD STB arrives..
English channels also looks good. Its not horrible , that thig i can be sure :D

Same here. :eek:hyeah:
This TV comes close to V20 which is my first love..
The ligher coloured bezel complements well with the inky black screen.. :clapping:
Should fire the one who came up with brown bezel for the VT20.. :mad:

Watched few 1080p Movies , was really amazed by the clarity it can produce. It was as if i was watching in a theatre. there was no trailing of fast moves , so movie looked very fluid ,just like in theatre. Just awesome..

But when the screen is blank , but powered on , it doesnt show complete black ,its a faint grey ,is it ok ?

Yeah I noticed that too on the VT20, especially at the edges of the screen when you are on an input that has no source attached to it.

I'm guessing it's normal, but I'd like to know why it's not completely dark.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back