Panasonic UT50 (2012 model) Owners Thread

Got the TV and is installed. Let me tell you one thing the PQ is amazing at night. However, in days time the reflection is more if you cant control the light in room. Watched Hoel Translyvania and zero dark thirty in 1080p. The PQ is just mindboggling. Have Life of pi in 3d but not that great effect. Thanks a lot members for helping me to decide on TV. Anyone has idea about economic HDMI cable?

Got the TV and is installed. Let me tell you one thing the PQ is amazing at night. However, in days time the reflection is more if you cant control the light in room. Watched Hoel Translyvania and zero dark thirty in 1080p. The PQ is just mindboggling. Have Life of pi in 3d but not that great effect. Thanks a lot members for helping me to decide on TV. Anyone has idea about economic HDMI cable?
Yesterday, I was visiting my relatives. They have a Samsung 6 Series LED (46E6030 or something). I watched last part of Monaco F1 GP (having watched a greater earlier part at home). The first thing both my wife and I agreed was how the colours appear "lighter" on the Samsung TV, i.e., little washed out. I found the backlight was set to 15. I tried setting the backlight to 8 and reduced brightness but that seamed to dim the picture, colour, etc. Note that my wife is no expert at PQ - and neither am I for that matter. The IPL final started later and then we left.

When we reached home, we were back to watching the IPL Final (fixed or otherwise :)) and again my wife remarked that our TV looks more "vibrant and alive" (her exact words). Dhoni's skin tone looked exactly as we have seen him in one IPL match and not an advertisement of a fairness cream.

Basically in a nutshell, that is the main difference between an LED TV and plasma TV. Control the lights and then watch the (average) plasma outperform almost every LED TV on the planet. The UT50 is no "average" by any standard. It is a serious mid-level performer. It is BOUND TO shine. Congrats on your purchase. As far as day-time performance is concerned, install heavy drapes on windows and you are good to go.

For HDMI cable, any v1.4 cable costing no more than Rs. 400 should work. I am not a brand freak, but if you are looking for branded, you can look at Belkin.

My experience was same with life of pi.
It did not exite me on my st50 than the samsung led. That is because of overblown colours and brightness on the led.
This was the only bd that was different.

Welcome to UT50 club. I can assure it this TV will bring smile on your face for endless hours.

Regarding HDMI cable you can venture for the cheapest as buying highend (read Rs 1000+) cables won't add any difference at all comparing to Rs 250 cable. So go ahead and grap whereever and whatever cheapest you can.

Hi owners of P50UT50D , I want to join your club. Anybody got power board problems
( 7 blinks panasonic plasma -google search). I read about this problem in AVS forums for US model TC-P50UT50D posted by several owners.

My UT50 started having problems after 2 months only. The thin several vertical lines has started appearing. I called the service centre they took some and photos and inform me that there is an issue with Panel and will replace the panel.

Now today I have received a call that the company does not have any panel and will replace the TV.

Did anyone experience the same?

My UT50 started having problems after 2 months only. The thin several vertical lines has started appearing. I called the service centre they took some and photos and inform me that there is an issue with Panel and will replace the panel.

Now today I have received a call that the company does not have any panel and will replace the TV.

Did anyone experience the same?

sorry to hear this. were those lines visible even in normal tv watching ? any pics you have ?

Got the replacement for my TV and the brand new one is installed. Thank God!!!

Did you get the same model of your plasma tv (42UT50D) ? I am facing a similar issue with my 50UT50D but the company says it will offer only a base LED tv as replacement.

You're lucky you got the replacement in a month. I'm still waiting for mine to be replaced although mine is inferior XT50D. Complained on 05.07.2013 and yet to receive a cofirmation call from Panasonic.

You're lucky you got the replacement in a month. I'm still waiting for mine to be replaced although mine is inferior XT50D. Complained on 05.07.2013 and yet to receive a cofirmation call from Panasonic.

I bought a 50UT50D model in Nov 2012. The panel developed permanent vertical glows in June 2013. Panasonic said it had no replacement panels and so wanted to replace it with a LED model. I decided to go for LED instead of plasma as Panasonic is phasing out the plasmas and the plasmas are developing defects in 1-2 years.
I finally got the replacement 50DT60D Led model in January (after some escalations !!) and I am loving it. Unlike anubisX 's experience, I find the PQ of the DT model to be terrific. Infact, the 3D appears much sharper than the UT model. And no blacks bleeding though I generally do not see the tv in complete dark.
So with a better PQ, four 3D glasses, and better 3D, I had a happy ending so far to my plasma saga.

I finally got the replacement 50DT60D Led model in January (after some escalations !!) and I am loving it.
My plasma 42UT50 has developed a vertical bar. I complained on 30 th April. It has not been resolved yet. I know its only ten days but my family is getting bored. Physical inspection has been done by service centre people. They said someone from Panasonic will come to take photograph and take the process forward. That has not happened yet.

I think I need to escalate. So contact details phone number and email ID of some officials will be highly appreciated. I successful contacted Mr Tomar by mail 2 years back but my mail to him this morning bounced back.

Guys, my Panny (UT50) can access a usb drive connected to my network router (Mynet N600). But am not able to get any access to my network connected laptops ( one windows and one mac with shared folders ). Would be great if anyone can share some resources on the same.
Ps: No issues with the TV so far. Smashing image clarity! :)
Thanks.

Guys, my Panny (UT50) can access a usb drive connected to my network router (Mynet N600). But am not able to get any access to my network connected laptops ( one windows and one mac with shared folders ). Would be great if anyone can share some resources on the same.
Thanks.

Are you able to access the shared folders on your Windows laptop from my Mac?

If yes, then then there is no firewall problem.
Perhaps you should enable guest access somewhere?

Thanks.

Just install any DLNA server (e.g. serviio) in either windows pc or in mac and you would be good to go.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back