Panasonic UT50 (2012 model) Owners Thread

In every 15 mins, the tv starts showing the stupid Panasonic ad and intelligent frame . How to get rid of this auto ads on the tv ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Panasonic ad/banner appears only during startup. There is an option to turn it off:

Menu --> Setup --> Display Settings --> Viera Connect Banner --> OFF

have picked 42UT50 yesterday. its under burn in process so cant set to its optimum settings. can you guys suggest me where i can buy a wifi dongle? local dealers doesn't have atm and no idea about when it will be available with them.

have picked 42UT50 yesterday. its under burn in process so cant set to its optimum settings. can you guys suggest me where i can buy a wifi dongle? local dealers doesn't have atm and no idea about when it will be available with them.

Congrats for your purchase..

It is available in Pune's Panasonic Brand Shop

Last edited:
So Finally I got my 50UT50 on Sunday. Some Initial Pics...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Checked the Usage... Bingo It shows a count of One. So far so good.

attachment.php

My Initial Impression on this Television.

1) Great TV with a fab PQ especially for the HD Channels. Somehow I am not very happy with the PQ of the SD Channels. Also The TV is a bit pain to watch in bright light settings but with low dim lights and in night time this TV is really amazing

2) I also felt that the Black levels as not too deep. Maybe I need to tweak the settings a bit for that.

Next I need to connect this TV to my Blue ray player and will then post some more pics and further update on other aspects in due course.

Sorry for the Grainy Images. My Ipad does a real shady job as far as taking pictures are concerned. It seems they have put some cheapo leftover Chinese camera behind it.

Hey Bro, congrats for ur new TV:clapping:

have checked with local pana stores here. they don't have stock. anyways i have solved the problem by attaching a repeater.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

1) Great TV with a fab PQ especially for the HD Channels. Somehow I am not very happy with the PQ of the SD Channels. Also The TV is a bit pain to watch in bright light settings but with low dim lights and in night time this TV is really amazing

2) I also felt that the Black levels as not too deep. Maybe I need to tweak the settings a bit for that.

Next I need to connect this TV to my Blue ray player and will then post some more pics and further update on other aspects in due course.

Sorry for the Grainy Images. My Ipad does a real shady job as far as taking pictures are concerned. It seems they have put some cheapo leftover Chinese camera behind it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good , anyway i have a question i am planning to run 150 hrs slides that would be around 6 days i think, so i have heard that people keep the plasma on for all the 24 hrs continuously for 6 days or more for not running into image retention !!. So is that safe doesnt overheating occur in this process keeping on all the time for 6 days.?? :|

Image retention is highly overstated. You should be careful but not be paranoid. There is no need of keeping TV switched ON for 24 hours x 6 days to meet the 150 hours.

Image retention is highly overstated. You should be careful but not be paranoid. There is no need of keeping TV switched ON for 24 hours x 6 days to meet the 150 hours.

hi kix, so what would you recommend and how much hours/day and how many days/hours i need for this plausible problem of IR to go away forever ? :|

Can someone tell me, how to completely disable that panasonic stupid banner, which comes in every 20 mins of viewing ?

Try menu- setup- display settings- access and change the options.

Now someone please tell me how to change text size of subtitle when playing movie in media player.

I purchased the Panasonic P42UT50D a week back. I was using a Samsung Plasma 43E450 (purchased off Ebay India) earlier. After upgrading to Panasonic P42UT50D, I gave away my Samsung Plasma to one of my relative.

My viewing distance is around 8 feet and the usage environment is always pretty dark. I am using Videocon D2H (HD box) and Kaiboer K3 media player for bluray mkv playback.

The weird thing is I am getting a feeling that Samsung Plasma (720p model) was having a relatively great SD picture quality compared to Panasonic's UT50 (1080p model) out of the box. Even in terms of HD materials (HD channels and downloaded bluray mkv files), I don't see any significant improvement after upgrading to Panasonic. When viewing SD channels using Panasonic UT50, the display looks washed out and there is also a lot of picture noise. In comparison, Samsung looked amazingly good with vibrant colors and almost no noise - even in the case of fast moving content.

Please let me know if I am missing something here. I also tried tweaking the P42UT50D picture settings, but it still couldn't come close to the 43E450's picture quality when viewing SD content. I am wondering if this is something specific to my Panasonic TV or if this is something that I should have expected.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back