Panasonic UT50 (2012 model) Owners Thread

During my search for one, I was quoted 71k for the 50UT50 and 68k for the 51E550 without any bargain from Nandilath G-Mart, Kollam, Kerala.I was contemplating between the extra 1 inch in the Samsung vs the extra 2 years warranty provided with the Panasonic and had finally decided to go with the Panasonic.Though it didn't go through and I ended up with an Epson PJ is another part of the story.

This happened in September or October, and the pricing was very competitive IMHO,that I felt making the payment right then, hopefully after bargaining and reducing the UT50 by a couple K.Seeing the current pricing makes me sad.Is there a reason for the sudden rise in the matter of a couple of months?

Regards
Imrahn

Imrahn,
The sudden rise is just a matter of many dealers trying to make more margins of a dearth in the availability (Demand-Supply). Panasonic has not changed their pricing. Also, in the same city, one or two dealers are giving away the same 50UT50 model for sub 70K price while the rest are charging at around 80k. Its just a matter of trying to find out which is that dealer who can give for around 70K (though this might not be true for all cities).

Does anybody know if 50ut50 support ARC (Audio Return Channel)?
If yes, how to configure it?

Regards

Out of the two HDMI port one is designated as ARC. You dont have to do much. If you have any ARC enabled device then just connect it and rest will fall in place automatically. You might have to configure your connected device. But nothing on the TV.

Out of the two HDMI port one is designated as ARC. You dont have to do much. If you have any ARC enabled device then just connect it and rest will fall in place automatically. You might have to configure your connected device. But nothing on the TV.

I connected my 1612 to HDMI 1 of 50ut50.
But i don't get sound from my 5.1

Am i missing anything?

I connected my 1612 to HDMI 1 of 50ut50.
But i don't get sound from my 5.1

Am i missing anything?

Forgot to mention, you also need 1.4v HDMI cable. Now that a tricky part to get. I purchased 4 cable (all designated 1.4v) from 299-899 Rs. out of which only one have worked. So lesson from my end, 1.4v are those which got ethernet along with HDMI. Get one,I believe that should solve your issue.

Forgot to mention, you also need 1.4v HDMI cable. Now that a tricky part to get. I purchased 4 cable (all designated 1.4v) from 299-899 Rs. out of which only one have worked. So lesson from my end, 1.4v are those which got ethernet along with HDMI. Get one,I believe that should solve your issue.

May I know which brand of 1.4v cable did you buy for this purpose please?

May I know which brand of 1.4v cable did you buy for this purpose please?

The brand name is "Bandridge". Got it from Reliance digital. Cost me around 799. I made sure to test it with one of their demo AVRs. Please have it tested before purchasing.

I am not able to setup DLNA(media server). I did following things.

1. Connected my TV with LAN cable(Wired).
2. To be safer side gave it a static IP.
3. Installed Serviio as media server.
4. Set it up with TVs IP.

Extra Configuration :
1. Enabled uPnP in my router.

I even did a factory reset on my TV. But inspite of all these my TV is showing "Server Not Found" whenever I am opening Media Server from Viera Link. Where am I going wrong? Any clue ?? FYI Internet is working fine, but Viera Remote on my S3 is not working.

My setting:

1. Same wired connection.
2. IP address: whatever the TV picked up for itself. Btw, what is the security concern of assigning a TV a static IP?
3. Installed Twonky.
4. Twonky does not need to be given TVs iP.

Tweaked network setting in Windows 7, changed home network to public network setting or something like that. After one try I have not used it again.

Play media with WMP and push it to TV, it just comes on the TV screen, no need to set input there.

This are just simplified steps. I got detailed steps through google search.

Finally Today I have ordered for my Panny 50UT50 Today. :yahoo: :yahoo::yahoo:
Now eagerly waiting for delivery and installation. Will post pics soon after. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Now for one serious question? How can i check for the number of hrs this TV has been used?

My Panny BDP220 also should arrive by Christmas. Time to start a small signature. :)

Congratulations. Welcome to the plasma world where there exists an alternate reality.

Usage can be checked via SRV-tool. Refer to the ST30 thread or do a forum search.

Now eagerly waiting for delivery and installation. Will post pics soon after. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Now for one serious question? How can i check for the number of hrs this TV has been used?

My Panny BDP220 also should arrive by Christmas. Time to start a small signature. :)

Procedure to check usage hours:

Go to the TV and press and hold the Vol- button
On the remote press the Info button 3 times
"Starting Adjustment Menu" will be displayed on screen
When adjustment menu is displayed, press the number 2 on the remote Twice (1 is to go down, 2 is to go up)
The SRV Tool screen will be displayed
Using arrow keys navigate to highlight the PICT option
Press right arrow to enter the box next to PICT
Press and hold Mute button till the values are displayed
Display will show the hours:min and Count of switch ON

Enjoy !!

Congrats.. how much you paid for the TV.. also how you got BDT220.. importing it from abroad?

@ Prassanth: Congratulations!

I am from Mumbai and looking to buy the 50UT50 also. Can you share the price at which you bought your TV and the dealer? Did you have to bargain hard?

thank you

@ Prassanth: Congratulations!

I am from Mumbai and looking to buy the 50UT50 also. Can you share the price at which you bought your TV and the dealer? Did you have to bargain hard?

thank you

Vishal,
You can check out Kohinoor Electronics in Andheri (W) , near Fun Republic Cinema. If possible do call them and ask if they have 50UT50 to save your travelling time.

If they do have a piece do visit them and then bargain hard by comparing prices of other shops. I am sure you will get the best deal.

Thanks,
Mihir

Vishal,
I am getting a price of 74k without the printer or 76k with a printer and I have chosen the latter. Not sure if it is the best bargain but this is the best I could negotiate. Still not completed the deal due to some stupid credit card issues though I have paid a booking amount

@manzb I have ordered the BDP 220 from Germany with the hope of Getting it region freed. I have paid approx 9500 for it. My sis is coming from Germany so no import duty and no Shipping.

My panny dealer said that they would be getting stock of the player in around 2 weeks time so u can check with him.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back