Panasonic VIERA TH-L32X15 - need review

m_ashiq

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have shortlisted the above mentioned model. Is any one using please comment on the performance. And I appreciate any one recommendation on other brands which match these feature at this cost. My minimum requirement is 100Hz for fast motion because I watch lots of F1 race and football. Panny is 42K. is anyother model around please suggest. Thanks

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have shortlisted the above mentioned model. Is any one using please comment on the performance. And I appreciate any one recommendation on other brands which match these feature at this cost. My minimum requirement is 100Hz for fast motion because I watch lots of F1 race and football. Panny is 42K. is anyother model around please suggest. Thanks

Did you read this?
http://www.hifivision.com/television/2423-32-lcd-comparison-4.html

read earlier page too.
100hz really dont make any difference for 32in.

Thanks Mate. I got a valid point. I compared Sony V550 and W550. All the features are same but the only difference, W550 is 100hz. For that alone the Sony is charging premium of Rs 17000 extra in MRP. If there is not much difference then why Sony is doing this. Please explain mate..... Then i could consider V550 instead of Panny X15.

MRP

V550 = Rs 45000/-
W550 = Rs 61990/-

I went to Panasonic exclusive showroom to see the comparison between VIERA TH-L32S10 and VIERA TH-L32X15. S10 is full HD but 50hz and X15 is HD ready but 100Hz. I was amazed with the difference he showed for 100Hz. X15 picture looks really good in fast motion.
The sales person showed me Business channel (CNBC,NDTV Profit) in both side by side. The share price scrolling in the bottom of the screen looks amazing in X15 when compared to S10. And with that disadvantage with S10 even full HD is of no use. Both are same pricing. Kindly suggest with these four models.

Sony V550, W550, Panasonic S10 and X15.

Thanks

Thanks Mate. I got a valid point. I compared Sony V550 and W550. All the features are same but the only difference, W550 is 100hz. For that alone the Sony is charging premium of Rs 17000 extra in MRP. If there is not much difference then why Sony is doing this. Please explain mate..... Then i could consider V550 instead of Panny X15.

MRP

V550 = Rs 45000/-
W550 = Rs 61990/-

For the 32", which you are looking at, 100Hz will not make that much of a difference for this screen size. There are lots of threads discussing SONY V & W series. Please go thru' them. 32V550 should be a 'best buy' for you, if you are considering a SONY only.

I was amazed with the difference he showed for 100Hz. X15 picture looks really good in fast motion.

Thanks

I agree that 100hz makes difference with news ch,but not really with other.
It depend on respose time too.I saw LG LH35 with X15,both looking gtreat with motion.100Hz will add extra frames which are calculated which can give unnatural motion.If you see samy 100Hz,you can get my pt.Pany has better engine,still see overall PQ,colours.

MRP

V550 = Rs 45000/-
W550 = Rs 61990/-

well no idea why sony hasn't cut the price of 32w550,i agree that its way expensive,i guess they are positioning against samsung 32B6000.
well the apart from the 100hz the 32W550A again has better blacks and better shadow details.

I went to Panasonic exclusive showroom to see the comparison between VIERA TH-L32S10 and VIERA TH-L32X15. S10 is full HD but 50hz and X15 is HD ready but 100Hz. I was amazed with the difference he showed for 100Hz. X15 picture looks really good in fast motion.
The sales person showed me Business channel (CNBC,NDTV Profit) in both side by side. The share price scrolling in the bottom of the screen looks amazing in X15 when compared to S10. And with that disadvantage with S10 even full HD is of no use. Both are same pricing. Kindly suggest with these four models.

Sony V550, W550, Panasonic S10 and X15.

Thanks

well the 100hz as u have seen looks better in news channels,in other fast action scenes u won't resolve the detail in a small screen like 32".
but it does looks different in animated movies and digital created scenes in movies or CGI.some like this look 3d or pop look or soap opera look (infact a lot of people like it) some don't.it also takes out or reduces judder in 24p movies.
of the models u have suggest i would knock of the W550 just because of the high price.i would pick the V550A.

well the 100hz as u have seen looks better in news channels,in other fast action scenes u won't resolve the detail in a small screen like 32".
but it does looks different in animated movies and digital created scenes in movies or CGI.some like this look 3d or pop look or soap opera look (infact a lot of people like it) some don't.it also takes out or reduces judder in 24p movies.
of the models u have suggest i would knock of the W550 just because of the high price.i would pick the V550A.

I thank you all for the suggestions. In ezone Chennai they try to market LG 100hz. But i am not happy to buy LG as the brand doesn't impress me. Is this right in my attitude or i can even have this one to compare. I am confussed. Please advice.

I agree that 100hz makes difference with news ch,but not really with other.
It depend on respose time too.I saw LG LH35 with X15,both looking gtreat with motion.100Hz will add extra frames which are calculated which can give unnatural motion.If you see samy 100Hz,you can get my pt.Pany has better engine,still see overall PQ,colours.

How is the PQ in X15 when compared with V550, LG 100Hz and Samsung LED. I heard HD ready is better for viewing SD content like Airtel and Tata Sky. And where do we get HD content movies in DVD format (Not in Blue-ray). Suggestions pls.......

How is the PQ in X15 when compared with V550, LG 100Hz and Samsung LED. I heard HD ready is better for viewing SD content like Airtel and Tata Sky. And where do we get HD content movies in DVD format (Not in Blue-ray). Suggestions pls.......

I can select TOP3 this yr in 32in-

Philips 5609, SamB530 & Sony V550

Hi ashiq,

I think the maximum resolution of DVD movies is 480p for a progressive scan DVD player. HD content is in 720p and 1080p resolution.So you won't get HD content in DVD format anywhere.

cheers,
sri

I thank you all for the suggestions. In ezone Chennai they try to market LG 100hz. But i am not happy to buy LG as the brand doesn't impress me. Is this right in my attitude or i can even have this one to compare. I am confussed. Please advice.

It seems 32 X15 is having "motion focus technology" , thats why scrolling bar of news channel looks better. I guess it may not be due to 100HZ

It seems 32 X15 is having "motion focus technology" , thats why scrolling bar of news channel looks better. I guess it may not be due to 100HZ

Hi Mate,
I don't think its because of Motion focus Technology because S10 is also having motion focus and i compared with s10 and x15 side by side.

Cheers
Ashik

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back