Panasonic VIERA TH-P50ST30D and Samsung PS51D550

blue_07

Hello everyone..

I am way too confused to decide on what TV should I be getting. Moving from Plasma to LED and vice versa is becoming way to regular. I have also read numerous forums relating but have always found myself confused between ST30, VT20 and what not. :mad:

Really need your help to decide.

I am looking for a 50 inch or bigger TV and have narrowed it down to :

Panasonic VIERA TH-P50ST30D and Samsung PS51D550

Panasonic available for 95K and Samsung for 72K.

Budget is not an issue, but I am looking for superior quality of Video and Audio for watching sports, movies and PS3.

I tried LED's but Samsung 6600 series in 55 inch isn't very convincing. Request you to please help and suggest.

Thanks in advance.:)

Since you are yourself not convinced with led, rule that out.

Among st30 and d550, if you have the budget buy the st30. I'am happy with it.

On the other hand d550 also has plenty of fans. I have not seen it though.

if budget is not a constraint then ST30 is the clear winner. With panasonic's neo pdp panel the effect is breathtaking. Samsung, no doubt is also a very good tv for the price, with all the bells and whistles at a killer price.

Thanks a lot for the replies.

@yrk1969 - since you already using it, can you your short review on the display and audio bearing in mind Tata Sky HD, HD movies and PS3. I just want to confirm that the decision regarding ST30D.

And anyone else with a upgrade to ST30D ? I heard the VT30D is only available in ^% inch for INR 3.03 lacs. Apart from that, any LED/Plasma that I may consider?

Thanks

Thanks a lot for the replies.

@yrk1969 - since you already using it, can you your short review on the display and audio bearing in mind Tata Sky HD, HD movies and PS3. I just want to confirm that the decision regarding ST30D.

And anyone else with a upgrade to ST30D ? I heard the VT30D is only available in ^% inch for INR 3.03 lacs. Apart from that, any LED/Plasma that I may consider?

Thanks

Comparing to the VT20d, the picture is definately better, though I can't give you an objective qualification. Tata Sky HD on it issue good. I have not used the PS3 much on it except for 3D blu-rays, which were very good. But PS3 interface and games I do not find so good, the picture is too sharp for my liking.

Thanks for the reply.

I won't mind paying for ST30D, but just want to make sure that its superior to Samsung.

Besides, I have not been able to find any other TV above 50 inches that would actually be worth. Tried Samsung LED, but 6600 series is not upto the mark, with the refresh rate being lower leading to non-smooth feature quality.

I liked the 55 inch UA55D8000YR and that is for 2.10 lacs, so a bit priced. So even considering that.

Any suggestions.

PS: Looking for a top Video/Audio quality. Wouldn't mind paying till 1.50 lacs.

If you have that budget then consider a projector, especially for gaming and hd movies. A 50" TV will be just a time pass in comparison.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back