Pass B1

An ALPS Blue RK27 should suffice?

Are we getting metal film resistors and polypropelene caps? :licklips:

See Resistor Types--Does It Matter?

Not sound tracks Gobble I'm referring to the metal tracks no the PCB; They are measured in microns and their thickness would have a bearing on the SQ.

Yeah! Kidding ... Notice the Winkie below my signature in that post :D

--G0bble
:)

Last edited:
Rather than importing the stepped attenuators, we may be better off going in for an ordinary pot and use it to control volume through a Light Speed Attenuator. There is one Uriah Dailey who supplies the kits.

During my DIY activities, I wanted to build a B1 and use the LDR. I wrote to him some time back; he accepts only paypal.

Now that we are going for a group buy, we might buy his kits as well.

There is a build thread in another forum.

What do you say guys?

Sachin,

Yes, you would need two of them. From the picture they are not ganged stereo pots.

Check, you may find ganged dual pots for stereo use.

Cheers.

If you are referring to the ebay stepped attenuator I posted, it is
indeed a stereo (dual ganged) version. Notice that there are
two wafers on the switch shaft, each with 3 solder pads.

Sachin, the Alps Blue Velvet from Parts Connection should be excellent, of course,
as will be the Lightspeed.
If going the Alps route, be careful to buy from a reputed site (like Parts Conn, Mouser etc) as there
are plenty of fakes for this.

Last edited:
Rather than importing the stepped attenuators, we may be better off going in for an ordinary pot and use it to control volume through a Light Speed Attenuator. There is one Uriah Dailey who supplies the kits.

During my DIY activities, I wanted to build a B1 and use the LDR. I wrote to him some time back; he accepts only paypal.

What do you say guys?

Good suggestion Captain.

Regards,
Sachin

What do you say guys?
This look nice! Looking for more reviews on this, searching .....

Sachin, I am not sure any of them in single turn & panel mount category will fit for volume control.

Can you find any volume control/crossover caps on this site?It will be cheaper if we can source most of the parts from this site.

Regards,
Sachin

Can you find any volume control/crossover caps on this site?It will be cheaper if we can source most of the parts from this site.

Regards,
Sachin

Sure! I will give a try tonight. Activities are slowed down due to ill health.

I don't think buying LDR like 100 and matching pairs will be that difficult. IMO Remaining parts and spare are sundry items. Whole effort should fall between 500-1000Rs.

I will go and find LDR's locally. What you say?

What about the boards? We don't have the gerber so we need to design from grounds up.

What about the boards? We don't have the gerber so we need to design from grounds up.
Board has only LDR as special size, remaining resistors & connectors are standard. So for single sided PCB, ExpressPCB is alright. I can do that, I have done in the past.

I am not understanding what you guys are playing with numbers of different parts, its greek for me...:) Please count me too for this entire kit, let me try my luck in electronics...

I am not understanding what you guys are playing with numbers of different parts, its greek for me...:)
We are trying to make excellent gadget by our own with expending less money :p... finally listen to quality music which normally comes from spending lot of money on high ends gadgets. ;)
That's why all of these efforts.

Check here for the gerbers.

Optical Volume Control Professional PCB - Page 37 - diyAudio

ovcbom.jpg

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back