Peculiar sound from front speakers

Hi Guys,

i am using Onkyo S5105 HT system, i hear wierd sound from my front speakers, its sort of hummering sound when ever i play music/movies which is having high bass. I have configured Audssey Equalizer settings. Please i request you ppl to suggest how to get the settings right as this is really irritating.

Check the following:

1. That the speakers cables have been connected with then right polarity.
2. That the system has proper gounding.
3. That the interconnects you are using are shielded properly

Does this happen at all volumes or only when you increase the volume with material that has high bass?
If the system is new, I am sure you can get Onkyo to correct the issue.

Cheers

Last edited:
hi techgadgets!
so dont you get humming noise when you dont play high bass? or is it there all the time?

hi techgadgets!
so dont you get humming noise when you dont play high bass? or is it there all the time?

Hi Krauss,

I get it only when i play material containing high bass not all the time. is there any settings shuld i change or problem with my connections?

hi techgadgets!
you do have a sub, right? then what is it about high bass from the front speakers!! try changing the crossover settings, i feel to a higher level, to check whether your fronts were not able to output lower frequencies.

hi techgadgets!
you do have a sub, right? then what is it about high bass from the front speakers!! try changing the crossover settings, i feel to a higher level, to check whether your fronts were not able to output lower frequencies.

Hi venkat/krauss,

Thank you guys for your prompt reply, i managed to change the crossover frequency to higher levels and the problem got fixed.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back