PeeCeeBee - V4H MonoBlocks

Record Player

I had recently build a dedicated space for me listening and specifically for a two channel setup. I had acquired the Epos Epic 1 Bookshelf speakers paired with a NAD 3020i. They sounded decent however with the speakers at 88db and 4ohms they were not being driven and I was experiencing muddy sound at low volumes.

Ive been someone who really dint venture beyond a regular Amp and Speakers setup. Quickly realised It is time to scale up a bit and venture into Power Amplifiers. Did a bit of research and feedback check from the always very helpful Joshua, Sachin & Manniraj and suggested the PeeCeeBee Monoblocks from the Designer Shaan.

Coincidentally a fellow FM had these up for sale. Quickly enquired and he generously offered me to try the Amps first and then go ahead. Took a week or two and picked these up. An extremely smooth transaction really!

Impressions just after a complete day of listening:

WOW. Certainly a significant change in the output. Dint realise these would make such a difference. They are warm sounding and just the way I like it. Tight Bass with great Mids and Highs. Using the NAD 3020i as a pre for now. Will try the DCB1 and CNC Phono shortly. Turntable playing is soo much pronounced now.

As pretty as they look, they sound splendid and blend in so well with the setup! I am a believer now :)

IMG_4838.JPG

Last edited:
I had recently build a dedicated space for me listening and specifically for a two channel setup. I had acquired the Epos Epic 1 Bookshelf speakers paired with a NAD 3020i. They sounded decent however with the speakers at 88db and 4ohms they were not being driven and I was experiencing muddy sound at low volumes.

Ive been someone who really dint venture beyond a regular Amp and Speakers setup. Quickly realised It is time to scale up a bit and venture into Power Amplifiers. Did a bit of research and feedback check from the always very helpful Joshua, Sachin & Manniraj and suggested the PeeCeeBee Monoblocks from the Designer Shaan.

Coincidentally a fellow FM had these up for sale. Quickly enquired and he generously offered me to try the Amps first and then go ahead. Took a week or two and picked these up. An extremely smooth transaction really!

WOW. Certainly a significant change in the output. Dint realise these would make such a difference. They are warm sounding and just the way I like it. Tight Bass with great Mids and Highs. Using the NAD 3020i as a pre for now. Will try the DCB1 and CNC Phono shortly. Turntable playing is soo much pronounced now.

As pretty as they look, they sound splendid and blend in so well with the setup! I am a believer now :)

View attachment 54181
Very nice looking & sounding setup sir # what is the speakers stand height ??

Hi Sohil
Congratulations on your purchase. Very nice set up. I am sorry , but I suggest you to look for a good Class AB design. I did not suggest a PeeCeeBee as I have no personal experience. I have suggested our Discrete Dynamics amps designed by FM @Aniket https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/discrete-dynamics-integrated-build.883341/
or this https://www.hifivision.com/threads/diy-pre-and-power-amplifier-using-dd-board.82823/

Regards
Sachin
Thanks. I meant advise on the various power amp designs, not the PeeCeeBee specifically.

Thanks!! Actually one of my friends and FM called me and asked why did I suggest this instead of our own amp. Sorry I just wanted to clarify.

Regards
Sachin
Thats true Sachin, we have different options now V4H and also the DD. So anything which suits can be picked up and both of them are very good designs :)

I am happy for you @Record Player as you got them locally and above all the chance to hear them out first before deciding :)

So enjoy the setup as it does look stunning and my visit to your place to hear your TT pending now for many years ;)

I am happy for you @Record Player as you got them locally and above all the chance to hear them out first before deciding :)

So enjoy the setup as it does look stunning and my visit to your place to hear your TT pending now for many years ;)
Absolutely. This is definitely long due now. We don't stay too far apart as well. Lets plan sometime soon.

Hi Record Player.

Thanks a lot for your interest in peeceebee.
Happy listening. ^_^

Try and drive the Shaans amplifier with his own SS pre amp, which according to a friend of mine is excellent after the initial burn in or a Tube Pre with matching output impedance .... 10 times the input impedance of the power amplifier.

Day 20 and it just seems to just get better! Feels like it has gone through another burin-in. Played around a bit with the speaker placement and also added a massive wall painting and that too feels likes it has enhanced the dynamics ;)

Speakers placement has bettered the soundstage. Shaan's pre-amp awaits from a fellow FM friend.

A new perspective shot:

IMG_4878.JPG

Day 20 and it just seems to just get better! Feels like it has gone through another burin-in. Played around a bit with the speaker placement and also added a massive wall painting and that too feels likes it has enhanced the dynamics ;)

Speakers placement has bettered the soundstage. Shaan's pre-amp awaits from a fellow FM friend.

A new perspective shot:

View attachment 54732
Beautiful space. Just my OCD speaking - your wall hanging should be few more inches to the right for exact centre alignment with the rack.

Beautiful space. Just my OCD speaking - your wall hanging should be few more inches to the right for exact centre alignment with the rack.
I have a bit of an OCD as well. There’s a door which opens on the right side and dint want the door covering the painting when it’s open.

A new perspective shot:

View attachment 54732
Looks wonderful Sohil enjoy

View attachment 54181
Really nice setup. V4h is an amazing amp. Can you please share dimensions for this rack. Thanks

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back