Philips HTS3371/98 DVD Player & a partitioned USB drive?

CobraKai

Hi all,
My friend has a Philips HTS3371 DVD Player (the manual reads HTS3276, if that helps) and he also has a 1Tb Seagate USB 3.0 external drive.

Due to the size of the external drive, it could only be formatted to Windows NTFS (as opposed to desired MS-DOS FAT32)..

I got around this by partitioning the 1Tb drive into 5 separate 200Gb partitions (using OSX Disk Utility), each were then successfully formatted to MS-DOS FAT32.

Each partition was given a test file (random movie stuff), in order to see whether the Philips would accept just 1 or all 5 MS-DOS partitions...

Only 1 partition came up on the menu.

This is kinda what I half-expected, but does anyone know of any way for the Philips DVD player to see all 5 partitions?

Is there a hack or something from the DVD players side, to let it open the whole partitioned drive in the menu??

Would be a pretty sweet thing if it worked! :eek:hyeah:

Thanks in advance!!

On a strange side-note, I bought a Western Digital 1Tb 'My Passport' USB 3.0 drive today and it was pre-formatted to MS-DOS!??

Even in OSX Disk Utility, it gave me the choice of re-formatting it as 1 whole partition to MS-DOS (as well as the others)..

Kinda Weird. :confused:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back