Pic Of your Blu ray Collection or Dvd Collection

Today, I received much awaited Bluray discs of my favorite old movies GOL-MAAL and BAWARCHI... :yahoo:

Both are Eagle releases, but I can vouch for the excellent quality of both movies. Picture quality is much better than earlier released Anand and Chupke.
Excellent transfer without much of the Digital Noise and I can say black levels are consistent (Yes black is black here), even dark scenes were transferred quite good; as I could check quickly by browsing through chapters.

Can't comment much on the Audio, as I have yet to watch both movies completely on Bluray.

Both discs have 2 audio options, along with optional English subtitles. Movies are presented in their original aspect ratios of 1.33:1.
- DTS HD Master Audio 2.0
- Dolby Digital 2.0

Highly recommended if you're fan of these movies.

I'm also uploading few screen-host taken on my 40" TV, but these may not be actual representation of the picture quality as taken from a mobile camera.

DSCN1776.jpg

DSCN1778.jpg

DSCN1780.jpg

DSCN1788.jpg

================================================================

BAWARCHI
DSCN1790.jpg

DSCN1793.jpg

GOL-MAAL
DSCN1797.jpg

DSCN1798.jpg

DSCN1804.jpg

DSCN1807.jpg

Today, I received much awaited Bluray discs of my favorite old movies GOL-MAAL and BAWARCHI... :yahoo:

Both are Eagle releases, but I can vouch for the excellent quality of both movies. Picture quality is much better than earlier released Anand and Chupke.
Excellent transfer without much of the Digital Noise and I can say black levels are consistent (Yes black is black here), even dark scenes were transferred quite good; as I could check quickly by browsing through chapters.

Can't comment much on the Audio, as I have yet to watch both movies completely on Bluray.

Both discs have 2 audio options, along with optional English subtitles. Movies are presented in their original aspect ratios of 1.33:1.
- Dolby Digital 2.0

I'm also uploading few screen-host taken on my 40" TV, but these may not be actual representation of the picture quality as taken from a mobile camera.

Mines are still in transit :mad: :sad: I believe will receive by tomorrow. :)

By the way, Thanks for screen captures. Bawarchi is looking better than Golmaal, may be because of Pause or moving scenes. But overall Eagle did a great job. I hope they will release other good titles they own the rights.

Do you think it is looking blueish or have more Cyan? Amol Palekar Hairs, Trees, Wall Colors, same in Bawarchi Stage program image, white is not white. May be it is because of camera click, you can tell better.

Do you think it is looking blueish or have more Cyan? Amol Palekar Hairs, Trees, Wall Colors, same in Bawarchi Stage program image, white is not white. May be it is because of camera click, you can tell better.

Yeah, may be because of camera click or room light. (or may be I have my TV settings as 'Color Temperature: Cool)
The most I care is black levels should not be screwed, because in that case image and colors don't look natural and washed out images occurs.
Anyways, I'm not much of a videophile. I have enjoyed GolMaal on DVD many times and never complaint!

Yeah, may be because of camera click or room light. (or may be I have my TV settings as 'Color Temperature: Cool)
The most I care is black levels should not be screwed, because in that case image and colors don't look natural and washed out images occurs.
Anyways, I'm not much of a videophile. I have enjoyed GolMaal on DVD many times and never complaint!

Thanks, Yes May be it is because of TV Setting "COOL" it adds more cyan. But overall I am very happy with the results. :yahoo:

Checked the blu-rays and found that the "Bawarchi" Audio is superior than "Golmaal". However the video of both is awesome and I appreciate and thankful to Eagle.

In Anand I have seen a message in the beginning of the movie that the restoration work done by Shemaroo but not sure if these movies were also processed by Shemaroo.

- Dolby Digital 2.0

Amazing picture quality. Great purchases indeed!!

Last edited:
My purchases - update...

Finally, got all the 23 Bond Movies on Blu-ray. Bought over a period of an year from different locations. It was easy on my pocket to not invest at once and fun too, too have a new Blu-ray every month.
Only regret will be the Bonus Blu-ray which comes along with the box collection.

Pictures would follow soon.

Being a big fan of "Gangs of Wasseypur" movies; I had bought its German Bluray edition from Amazon.de, which has better audio-video quality than the Indian Edition by Eagle Entertainment. It arrived on weekend and took quite long to arrive through Royal Mail delivery. In-fact it was a replacement order, original one never arrived and I had to request a replacement. I guess someone from customs in Delhi might have stolen it, considering it's a very famous Hindi movie.

Few details:

Audio: Hindi DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 & German DTS HD Master Audio 5.1
Subtitles: German (Optional)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sharing few screenshots of ''Gangs of Wasseypur'" movies from the German Bluray edition by Polyband...

We can easily see that Indian release from Eagle Entertainment was very soft and substandard Bluray transfer!!

GOW-1 Screenshots:

image.png

image.png

image.png
image.png

GOW-2 Screenshots:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

CeX has opened in many cities. I havent yet visited their store in Pune, but they sell used Blu-Rays, Games and a lot other things. Anyone ever visited it?

Sharing few screenshots of ''Gangs of Wasseypur'" movies from the German Bluray edition by Polyband...

We can easily see that Indian release from Eagle Entertainment was very soft and substandard Bluray transfer!!

Do you think it is over saturated (increased the color ratio)? Is it possible for you to show few same scene from Eagle and this one?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back