Picture issue all of a sudden - Bravia hx850

Hi,

I am exactly in the same position. My 46HX925 died last month after 5 years of use. TV started randomly rebooting a month ago. Then, vertical and horizontal lines appeared and the picture was totally bad. A week later, it stopped turning on.

Sony service center person said display panel issue and quoted 41000/- to replace it.

I am not sure if the panel is available with them. Their response is too slow. Also, I am not inclined to pay that much amount for the panel with 1 year warranty.

Read in this thread about buyback in this thread. Any idea how much percentage of original tv cost it would be after 5 years ?

Thanks..

Hi,

I am exactly in the same position. My 46HX925 died last month after 5 years of use. TV started randomly rebooting a month ago. Then, vertical and horizontal lines appeared and the picture was totally bad. A week later, it stopped turning on.

Sony service center person said display panel issue and quoted 41000/- to replace it.

I am not sure if the panel is available with them. Their response is too slow. Also, I am not inclined to pay that much amount for the panel with 1 year warranty.

Read in this thread about buyback in this thread. Any idea how much percentage of original tv cost it would be after 5 years ?

Thanks..

Sorry to hear your trouble.. They wouldn't give you cash or cheque with depreciated value. They would provide you an offer for new TV of similar size, subtracting the panel replacement cost for your old TV. This TV would come with standard 1 yr warranty.

Hope i was clear..

Sorry to hear that even hx series having same issue. It seems they have made the panels in such a way that it would fail after 4 to 5 years.

They have the panel available with them and hence buy back offer was not provided at all. Mine is in transit to Pune from Delhi.

I went for replacement for two reasons.

What do I do with current TV, if I wont replace the panel. Selling it on olx will not fetch more than 20K since the panel is not working.

I do not have budget to spend differential cost for new tv and cant keep both due to space constraint. Also, I decided to use the same tv till it lasts with the new panel. I generally don't go used electronics or automobile due to prior personal experiences.

Thanks & regards,

Amit

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back