Pioneer Andrew jones with Marantz 1506?

Thirumalkumaran

Hi All,

Auditioned the pioneer 5.1 Andrew jones recently..
Blown away by the performance/price ratio...

But the receiver its mounted on was a denon 100w per channel (Dont remember model name)
But I wanted to use a Marantz 1506 (50w per channel).

My query is ...

Is the 50 w channel enough to drive the speaker system?
My room is 17x17 ft but I want to set a envelope of 12x10 ft for AV..
major usage would be 60% movies and 40% music.

One more thing.. I'm planning to swap the rear channels with the Boston acoustics soundware speaker for celing mountability.. Will the combination play well?

Marantz 1506 can drive them well,but room size is little bigger for the amp.If 12 X 10 is a corner,then it can sound good.Adding a powerful subwoofer may help.

Marantz 1506 can drive them well,but room size is little bigger for the amp.If 12 X 10 is a corner,then it can sound good.Adding a powerful subwoofer may help.

Thanks for the reply buddy!!

the sound envelope is not at the corner... its in middle of the room!!!
but it is never going to run at ear shateering levels... moreover the indian verison (AJ5235xt) has a better subwoofer than the international version (PK52fs), so I think it should soud better.. moreover, i'm not into more bass but more in clarity and soundstage...

Any suggestion about the boston rears please?

In the middle I think the sound will not be well focused.With 1604,the enveloping effect may not be good.Usually low watt AVR has smaller soundstage than high watt AVRs like SR600* series.If you can set HT at one corner,1506 will serve the purpose.The sound may get lost if system is set in the middle.Yes reflections may be less,but you may miss powerful and weighty sound.

In the middle I think the sound will not be well focused.With 1604,the enveloping effect may not be good.Usually low watt AVR has smaller soundstage than high watt AVRs like SR600* series.If you can set HT at one corner,1506 will serve the purpose.The sound may get lost if system is set in the middle.Yes reflections may be less,but you may miss powerful and weighty sound.

OK... I Need to asses receiver from scratch then..!!!

Back to the drawing board... anychance can anybody help to find a efficient receiver for driving the same...?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back