Pioneer avr owners thread

Oh my God, that's sad to hear. I will keep this in mind while dealing with them. I have been calling them in the numbers provided on the website since last 2 days. But, no one is picking up the call. I will mail them today. Lets see
Hello members,

I wanted to update the forum about the AV receiver service in Mumbai. I tried to get in touch with KEI but there was absolutely no response from them. Then, I googled for "Pioneer Amplifier service center" in Mumbai. The result showed about a Service center by the name of "Emission Electronics Pvt. Ltd". I got in touch with the Owner "Mr. Bharat Panchal". He's a nice and polite gentleman. He listened to my woes and asked me to get the AVR to him for inspection. I took the AVR to him on weekend. After inspection, he asked me to keep the AVR with them for servicing purpose. The reason mentioned to me was that AVR's HDMI board has fried. Due to covid, there is little shortage of staff; the AVR repair will take around 1 week. So, i hesitatingly kept the AVR with him. Within a week, i got a call from him that my AVR is repaired now. It costed around 10K, but after negotiation, i paid 8K. I played the AVR for one entire week at 4 hours stretch daily & its working absolutely fine. I would recommend this Service center for AV Reciever service purpose.

Their contact details is as given below:
Mr. Bharat Panchal (Ph: 9821075961/9029065590)
Emission Electronics Private Limited
76/612, Behind Post Office, HS Rupwate Marg,
Kala Galli, Motilal Nagar I, Goregaon West,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400104.

They deal in servicing of AVR/Amplifiers of Onkyo, Pioneer & Yamaha, various Musical instruments, Professional audios, Studio Monitor speakers, Professional mixers, DJ Audio, Acoustics design, Spare inventory for Bose. They deal in brands like Korg, Marantz, Dynaudio, Lab Gruppen, Roland etc. For any AV related queries, one can directly contact Mr. Panchal.IMG_20201002_114932.jpgIMG_20201002_114941.jpg

Note: I am not affiliated with the Company in any manner.

I borrowed my friends' Pioneer SC-LX82 (which had been unused for many years) to try and drive a set pre-loved speakers I bought recently.

A few minutes after I switched it on (before connecting to speakers or source), a blue indicator started flashing at the centre of the front panel. On searching through the manual, I have learnt that the flashing blue indicator means that "the power unit is damaged". The manual directs me to "Unplug the receiver from the wall and call a Pioneer authorized independent service company".

Any idea how much a power unit repair or replacement would cost? Even a ball park figure would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, would anyone here know which is a good Pioneer authorised service center in Kochi, Kerala?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey all,

I recently upgraded my projector from Full HD to a 4k one. My old receiver - a Denon 1713, of course does not pass through 4k/HDR. I have tried a few make shift solutions such as the Orei HDA-925 audio extractor but at a distance of 10m 4k/60hz is extremely unreliable. Hence thinking about upgrading the receiver now.

The dealer suggested pioneer LX-304. Just wanted to get some hands on feedback about this. Seems like the after sales is very bad? Would appreciate any suggestions on this.

My location is Hyderabad.

Thanks,
Nitin

Hello members,

I am currently using AVR VSX1131 with 1 sub. I got another sub yesterday and connected to the AVR through subwoofer pre-out. Now, the problem is that my display still shows 5.1.2 instead of 5.2.2. But, i am able to hear the sound from both the subwoofer.
Even in the EQ section, there is only 1 subwoofer curve shown. Both the subwoofers are connected through Amazon basics subwoofer cable. My thinking is that the AVR should have considered both the sub as separate, not as one.
Would be grateful to get a preferrable solution from the members.

Hello members,

I am currently using AVR VSX1131 with 1 sub. I got another sub yesterday and connected to the AVR through subwoofer pre-out. Now, the problem is that my display still shows 5.1.2 instead of 5.2.2. But, i am able to hear the sound from both the subwoofer.
Even in the EQ section, there is only 1 subwoofer curve shown. Both the subwoofers are connected through Amazon basics subwoofer cable. My thinking is that the AVR should have considered both the sub as separate, not as one.
Would be grateful to get a preferrable solution from the members.
This Pioneer VSX1131 model does not have dedicated sub pre for 2 channel.
It is just one sub pre out and parallel connection like" Y Splitter cable "(one Sub preOut given thru 2 RCA sub preout ports ).
Basically it is only one sub out

This Pioneer VSX1131 model does not have dedicated sub pre for 2 channel.
It is just one sub pre out and parallel connection like" Y Splitter cable "(one Sub preOut given thru 2 RCA sub preout ports ).
Basically it is only one sub out
Thanks for your response. The product website had claim that it can be run in 5.2.2/7.2 configuration. Also, i have attached the picture of the model.
I was under the impression that 2 subs can be run through it. Now, is there any way to connect 2 subs to it?

Attachments

• Pioneer VSX 1131.jpg
    Pioneer VSX 1131.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for your response. The product website had claim that it can be run in 5.2.2/7.2 configuration. Also, i have attached the picture of the model.
I was under the impression that 2 subs can be run through it. Now, is there any way to connect 2 subs to it?
Yes.U can connect 2 subs as i mentioned in my previous comments.But it is basically only one output signal in parallel.it gives the same signal !!

Nothing can be done from AVR side to add in configuration platform.

From subwoofer side - May be u can try with speaker(High level) level input( if it is available in your sub )to achieve different signature by using phase shift options if available in subwoofer just try and see something is working out.

Atb

Screen shot attached from pioneer manual for your reference.

Screenshot_20210303-134305_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
What you see on display is input signal. If movie is recorded with 1 sub, then you won't see .2 .
Thanks. I was talking about the output signal.
For e.g. even in case while playing mp3 audio; the input signal shows pcm, while the output signal shows "5.1.2". So, i was thinking that on adding 2nd sub, the output signal should show "5.2.2".
Is this the issue only with Pioneer AVR or does it happens with all 7.2 AVR?Sorry beforehand for asking too many questions.

Thanks. I was talking about the output signal.
For e.g. even in case while playing mp3 audio; the input signal shows pcm, while the output signal shows "5.1.2". So, i was thinking that on adding 2nd sub, the output signal should show "5.2.2".
Is this the issue only with Pioneer AVR or does it happens with all 7.2 AVR?Sorry beforehand for asking too many questions.
When I was reading earlier Yamaha AVR circuits, there was simply split of one SW channel to 2. New AVR may have dedicated 2nd SW output. In your case, MP3 is converted to multichannel and AVR not showing as .2 out. Its possible that codecs which converts 2 ch to multichannel can output only one sw out and not two.

When I was reading earlier Yamaha AVR circuits, there was simply split of one SW channel to 2. New AVR may have dedicated 2nd SW output. In your case, MP3 is converted to multichannel and AVR not showing as .2 out. Its possible that codecs which converts 2 ch to multichannel can output only one sw out and not two.
Thank you for the explanation in simple terms.

Thanx for the info .. that was helpful

What you see on display is input signal. If movie is recorded with 1 sub, then you won't see .2 .
Are any movies recorded with 2 subs? The higher end AVRs allow individual configuration per sub, but thats just to allow for overall EQ and calibration. I don't believe movies come with discrete LFE tracks.

Hello friends. Just joined the club with my purchase of Pioneer VSX-534.

These are paired with Taga Azure B-40 v.2 as of now. Going to add a Taga Azure C-40 for center channel and DNM audio satellite speakers for surrounds in a week or so.

Looking forward to exploring all the features and hope to find some help here if I get stuck anywhere.

Hello friends. Just joined the club with my purchase of Pioneer VSX-534.

These are paired with Taga Azure B-40 v.2 as of now. Going to add a Taga Azure C-40 for center channel and DNM audio satellite speakers for surrounds in a week or so.

Looking forward to exploring all the features and hope to find some help here if I get stuck anywhere.
Congratulations , do write few words once you set it

Hello friends. Just a small first impressions post since I'm still understanding everything. It's been two weeks since I setup the VSX-534. I've been watching some TV shows and movies with surround sound on my new setup and experience is definitely much improved as compared to what I had. Currently I'm using the following sources:
  • Raspberry Pi 4 with LibreELEC for local video streaming from NAS
  • Raspberry Pi Zero with Volumio for audio streaming from local NAS and Spotify
  • Echo Flex (via 3.5mm to RCA cable) for streaming from Amazon music
I also tried Bluetooth streaming via the Echo Flex. But the output is underwhelming. The difference in sound quality is perceptible between Bluetooth and 3.5mm to RCA cable. I'm so glad that Echo devices give this option.

When I am listening to music, I set the AVR to output stereo. For music, I like stereo better than surround.

I have set the front left and right speakers and -1.5 db, center to +0.5 db and rear speakers at +6 db since they are much smaller and don't match the fronts. This gives me decent volume levels where neither set overpowers the other.

I like the fact that both the AVR remote and the TV remote can be used to control LibreELEC. I also like the fact that even when there's only a single cable connecting my AVR to my TV, my TV shows both the Raspberry Pi in input sources and the AVR automatically changes the source to the one selected on the TV. While it's not perfect and it doesn't work properly many times, I like how well integrated these two devices feel with just one cable connecting them both.

Now I have a couple of questions for my fellow Pioneer owners:
  1. Do AVRs have equalisers? At times I want to reduce the rumble from my bookshelf speakers, but can't find a setting to do so?
  2. If not, then is there any other way to reduce the rumble, since there's no dedicated volume for LFE in a bookshelf speaker?
Looking forward to any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Now I have a couple of questions for my fellow Pioneer owners:
  1. Do AVRs have equalisers? At times I want to reduce the rumble from my bookshelf speakers, but can't find a setting to do so?
  2. If not, then is there any other way to reduce the rumble, since there's no dedicated volume for LFE in a bookshelf speaker?
1) Being a former Pioneer user (VSX 520) some high end models / brands of AVRs have EQs and thats the reason I moved to Marantz.
2) Would suggest to try to adjust the Frequency cut off in the bookshelf speakers. What is the current frequency set for Bookshelf speakers? 100hz or 60hz or 80 hz? Speakers set as Large or Small?

1) Being a former Pioneer user (VSX 520) some high end models / brands of AVRs have EQs and thats the reason I moved to Marantz.
2) Would suggest to try to adjust the Frequency cut off in the bookshelf speakers. What is the current frequency set for Bookshelf speakers? 100hz or 60hz or 80 hz? Speakers set as Large or Small?
OK, so no equaliser in mine.

There's only one setting for crossover frequency on my AVR, not sure if it applies only to subwoofer (which I don't have) or to bookshelf speakers as well. It was set at 100 Hz by default. I have increased it to 150 Hz for now. Not sure if that made any difference, didn't do any A/B testing. My bookshelf speakers don't have anything to set the crossover.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back