Pioneer BDP-180

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends,
I have a query about BDP 180.

Its not playing any 3-D Media (have tried with multiple discs). It shows that below error

"The disc has recognised that your player/ display doesn't support 3D Playback, or your player firmware requires upgrading."

I am not an advance user like most of you, so I am not sure if it really is the firmware thing or not. Even, if it is >> can I do it at home & how should I do that ?

Keep your TV in 3D mode (auto mode) something like that, then try to play from your BD player. This was the error I had seen when I had turned off 3D mode in TV.

Well for me it says update 010 and next message is error update failed

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

while on the subject of firmware update, have recently bought pioneer bd180 from the grey market. Can this be update using the same firmware

Hi guys i just don't understand why to buy this complicated player when people have so much complication,
1. may be its good to buy when you don't have smart TV the player can work as smart TV.
-you can also look in for so may alternate players with a lesser cost from Sony, Panasonic etc
2.It has only 4k upscaling not a 4k player.
-if you have a 4k TV your TV itself will do the up-scaling then why do you need this player,
3 high resolution audio,
-well even Sony has high resolution audio and fast booting,

These were my thoughts and i am also looking for a Blu-ray player and i've a 4k TV when you talk about files it plays any file when you connect through USB port it takes my 2TB HDD and plays even 4k mkv files flawless,

i am looking for a good Blu-ray player to play Blu-ray DVD's i feel so bad that in India they have not launched many models like other countries and i don't want to break my head for the region issue with the player, hence i have one player in mind
Sony BDP-S1500 it is 2015 model i believe and there is no other launch after that, heard good reviews of the product its performance and fast reading, i wanted to connect to my 5.1 receiver so that i can experience a good 5.1 surround sound when playing a Blu-ray DVD, don't want to spend more money and keep worrying later, Please suggest me if i am wrong, i don't need a 3d player..

All

Pioneer players are good and have been ruling the market for almost a decade now....initially Sony used to rule.....

Whether the player is from official dealer or grey market, a player is a player and firmware upgrade can be done.

Best way is to check the current firmware of the player and then download the update. Save the same to a USB stick (pen drive) and update that way....101% the update will not fail to process.

Before you update, please read all information and risks mentioned....if the update is not going to offer anything significant....please do not do it.....

3D content playback is dependent on the Region of the player, the kind of HDMI cables used and if the TV is 3D capable (not 3D ready).

I sometimes face challenges of no video display and only sound, this is due to regional conflict.

Blueray player need not be matched to an AVR, unless you have proprietary handshaking mechanism. Almost all BR player works well with all AVRs, and BDP 180 is one good value for money BR player which you can consider

I know it has been asked multiple times in this thread, and each time the answer has only been about the Blu ray region (region c),
My specific question is- can this player play multi region dvds? i have a lot of US and UK dvds. if this dvd player has only region 5 (india), i might not buy it.
many thanks folks, for keeping this thread alive for 2.5 years!

Hi All,
Thinking of buying this player or Sony BDP-S4100. If I don't need 4k upscaling, is Pioneer still better than Sony. In what ways?

Does Pioneer BDP-180 play all formats through the USB hard disk, including DD, 3D and subtitles. For me, this is of utmost importance since I have a 2 TB NTFS disk with movies. Also what is the going rate for the player. It is specified as 16999 in HiFiMart, but I think 14k is more closer. Right?

I have Sony bdp1100 and this. For transport pioneer is better than Sony. you can choose pure bitstream output from pioneer whereas in Sony it's not available.
The difference in quality of audio is day and night. Any day I vote for pioneer for the audio and video quality.
I have purchased pioneer two Months back from eBay at 14000/-

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

I have Sony bdp1100 and this. For transport pioneer is better than Sony. you can choose pure bitstream output from pioneer whereas in Sony it's not available.The difference in quality of audio is day and night. Any day I vote for pioneer for the audio and video quality.I have purchased pioneer two Months back from eBay at 14000/-
Hi sree,
Thanks a lot. Have you tried the Pioneer with NTFS 2 TB hard disk. Does it play all formats without issues. That is a deciding factor for me.

Hi sree,
Thanks a lot. Have you tried the Pioneer with NTFS 2 TB hard disk. Does it play all formats without issues. That is a deciding factor for me.
I have 1TB hard disk and it is playing all formats. I was very particular about playability of movies which are 20 to 30gb of size mkv files (H.265X could not play by sony) when I have purchased this and iam quite happy with it.

I have 1TB hard disk and it is playing all formats. I was very particular about playability of movies which are 20 to 30gb of size mkv files (H.265X could not play by sony) when I have purchased this and iam quite happy with it.

Does it play 4k HDR 10bit File?

Mine is not 4K TV. So I didn't have any 4K file.

I find pioneer can output better audio out(HDMI,analog)than other budget Bdps.The sound is fuller and has good weight.Have checked with Bdp 150,160,170.Compared with Sony,Toshiha bdp,l prefer Pioneer.l have used 1 tb hdd and played full bd-rip,also 3D and pioneer plays it perfectly.For format support,check model specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back