Pioneer BDP-450 Issues

indy70

Folks, I digged around the net and couldn't find much answers for issues I am facing with my BDP-450.

This player is an awesome machine with excellent picture quality, but off late I am facing these issues:

1. Sometimes halfway through the disc it begins to get stuck and skips frames (around 1.5 hours later). If I stop it and play after a minute it resumes just fine with no problem. I also see that the disc gets heats up. Happens only for BD.

2. USB port in the rear doesn't seem to read anymore and now even the front one is becoming challenging. I have to repeatedly plug in and retry my harddisk and only then it works. I have to try some other storage device, may be pen drive and check that out.

Please let me know if any of you face issues. What is the optimum settings on picture that has to be set. I have set it as 4:4:4.

Hi,

I use a BDP LX 55 and my bro uses a BDP 450.

It's been now close to 4 years and no major challenge..sometimes HDD (1 TB) hangs and then you need to unplug and restart...

I suggest you give it for servicing...cleaning the USB ports will help..they can also be replaced....

Factory reset may help...check what firmware it has and accordingly check online for updates....you need to download the file and run it through a pen drive...

Before proceeding to any firmware update, please read all pros and cons and then proceed....

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back