Pioneer sp-fs52 andrew jones designed now in india

First congrats on the new setup :clapping:

Lets come to the issues now - "No Bass" on tower spks :confused: or just the sub woofer?

If tower - Change the position of the tower speakers i do see there is issues round that as you have described. i do remember mentioning these are back ported tower hence you defly need to have it placed little away from the wall.
I have it connected with Denon & its placed almost 3" away from wall. It plays beautifully with enough bass response to my listening. again its subjective i would say ;)

Regarding the Yamaha SW if i'm not wrong its powered sub, i guess it has to be with some basic setup with the AVR you might need to explore.

Cheers,
Binu

Thank you :)

Solved the second issue of no bass in stereo listening by a basic avr setting. But still no bass from towers. does it need to be 3 Feet away from back and side wall or just back wall?

It rocks my room without ever needing a sub ever since I bought it, just 1 feet away from the back wall. Placement and direction along with burn in will do wonders Im sure. Please read the guides on optimal speaker placement and follow it, esp with the one near the door. I have barely felt the need of a sub in almost a year of owning these babies. Try the bass I love you track on these, with 2.0 mode and set your equalizer properly and then we will talk. Push the lower freq bars up on your eq, set speakers setting to large if applicable and let us know.

Last edited:
It rocks my room without ever needing a sub ever since I bought it, just 1 feet away from the back wall. Placement and direction along with burn in will do wonders Im sure. Please read the guides on optimal speaker placement and follow it, esp with the one near the door. I have barely felt the need of a sub in almost a year of owning these babies. Try the bass I love you track on these, with 2.0 mode and set your equalizer properly and then we will talk. Push the lower freq bars up on your eq, set speakers setting to large if applicable and let us know.
thank you for the help. Will follow your advice and let u know. can u suggest some rough placement advice. please see the pic

Last edited:
Judging by the reflection on the screen ,is the spot from where you took tbe picture, your listening point or seat? If the room is small toe the speakers in by atleast a feet from the wall.At the crudest the speakers will redeem themselves only if they are angling about 45 to 60 degrees as viewed from your listening spot. If you are trying to listen sitting from the bed/couch, it wont work that well,also keeping electronics right next to an open window doesn't seem safe to me if it rains . Maybe you need to realign the setup so that you face it bang opposite instead of side ways.
For sub placement what worked for me is keeping the sub at my listening position and then playing a bass heavy song while moving across the room to feel where i felt the max thump.The point of max thump is the sub position for you.Crossover at 100hz and sub knob at 1 o clock is just fine.Check your indiv speaker levels from the avr as well.
https://youtu.be/A1ib_lWdj-k

Judging by the reflection on the screen ,is the spot from where you took tbe picture, your listening point or seat? If the room is small toe the speakers in by atleast a feet from the wall.At the crudest the speakers will redeem themselves only if they are angling about 45 to 60 degrees as viewed from your listening spot. If you are trying to listen sitting from the bed/couch, it wont work that well,also keeping electronics right next to an open window doesn't seem safe to me if it rains . Maybe you need to realign the setup so that you face it bang opposite instead of side ways.
For sub placement what worked for me is keeping the sub at my listening position and then playing a bass heavy song while moving across the room to feel where i felt the max thump.The point of max thump is the sub position for you.Crossover at 100hz and sub knob at 1 o clock is just fine.Check your indiv speaker levels from the avr as well.
https://youtu.be/A1ib_lWdj-k

Thank You Thank You very much.. angling worked to some extent. Now a moderate low end is perceivable. However, a certain weight is missing. I am not that knowledgeable in this area but i think the midbass is still not there. The sound of bassline of some atmosphere/ambiance sound is very very faintly audible. In short, it hasn't sounded like full range tower speaker yet.

I generally nap and listen on the bed. I have already had done the subwoofer crawl like you suggested and that is best spot(at the corner in the pic) for me. When I was using satellites as front, sitting on the bed, the sound was quite good, full with subwoofer blending in, providing the midbass as well.

I followed a number of articles and posts for setting up a speaker near a door or open space, but there is not much specific guidelines.

actually there is a closed balcony at the other side of the door*window, so there is no fear of rain getting in.

Try increasing the db setting on AVR too for L + R channel... might help to drive the speakers to its potential.

Auto MCACC has set L * R to 0 * -1 db. my sitting distance to speakers are aprox 6ft. how much should i increase.

Well glad it helped, for me just a wee bit of angling works along with just a slight toe in. Let the burn in happen and I'm sure you will start enjoying this. Do try the bass i love you sound track with grilles off just for fun and watch the woofers dance and prove that are indeed alive. I still feel it's better to keep them opposite the bed and keep the door out of the picture if you could. I don't know much beyond this or anything fancy like acoustic treatment as getting them speakers is all i can afford to do for now in my living room
OLFKZmh

Last edited:
Auto MCACC has set L * R to 0 * -1 db. my sitting distance to speakers are aprox 6ft. how much should i increase.

I prefer playing audio i.e. mp3 from USB front connect in direct mode & have set the db +4 which gives sufficient punchy bass again this is on Denon. You might need to test & do trial on Pioneer & see what works best for you.

After its all about the Bass "baby ko bass pasand hai" :yahoo::eek:hyeah:

I prefer playing audio i.e. mp3 from USB front connect in direct mode & have set the db +4 which gives sufficient punchy bass again this is on Denon. You might need to test & do trial on Pioneer & see what works best for you.

After its all about the Bass "baby ko bass pasand hai" :yahoo::eek:hyeah:

:lol: he he

i certainly like the midrange more than the low end. but still without baby's bass everything feels suna suna :eek:hyeah:

Any suggestions on how to get these speakers either direct or online in India. I live in Hyderabad and tried AVIS electronics, Secunderabad. They are out of stock on these. Online price in Amazon is 25k per speaker whereas MRP for pair is around 30k. Thoughts?

Any suggestions on how to get these speakers either direct or online in India. I live in Hyderabad and tried AVIS electronics, Secunderabad. They are out of stock on these. Online price in Amazon is 25k per speaker whereas MRP for pair is around 30k. Thoughts?

I saw someone selling them on OLX in Bangalore for 32K if I remember right.

Last edited:
I have brought Pioneer VSX 831 receiver and need to buy Pioneer SP FS52 LR
Floor standing speaker, where can I get this speaker? Most of the site listed out of the stock. is there any floor standing speaker which is better than FS52 around Rs 20K to 30K?

I have brought Pioneer VSX 831 receiver and need to buy Pioneer SP FS52 LR
Floor standing speaker, where can I get this speaker? Most of the site listed out of the stock. is there any floor standing speaker which is better than FS52 around Rs 20K to 30K?
It'll be available on ebay.in after sometime mostly ; one of our FM bought recently.

This is another option , which you may be able to get it bit cheaper locally, check with local profx dealer.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/152243972228

It'll be available on ebay.in after sometime mostly ; one of our FM bought recently.

This was another option , which you may be able to get it bit cheaper locally, check with local profx dealer.

Polk Audio TSx330 Tower Speaker Pair, 150w, 2Way, Senstivity 90db - Cherry Color | eBay
there was a seller selling a pair for 28k some days back @ ebay. Cant find the listing now.

why dont you go for boston accoustics A 250 - quite well reviewed as I can see.

I would have bought it if it was cheaper back then like now.

well..if ur in the IT/BPO world and have friends going to US...can get it from there for damn cheap on Amazon...got mine as checked in luggage...

27K per pair in India with warranty aint bad for these

Last edited:
Which one below I need to buy for my Pioneer VSX 831 avr and it is 80 watts for 8 ohm and 140 for 6 ohm.

Both speaker are at same price and which speaker will be good? ( 2.0 Setup ) only floorstanding speaker am looking for.

Pioneer SP-FS52-LR or boston accoustics A 250 ?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back