Pioneer sp-fs52 andrew jones designed now in india

Hi all,

Bought the Pioneer AJ5235XT 5.1 set yesterday from a dealer (Avis Electronics) in Hyderabad.

Total cost INR 56500/- (without bill).

The dealer has 1-2 more sets in stock and is also ready to offer only the floor standing speakers at INR 26,000/- a pair (with bill).

I have currently connected the speakers to my old Denon 1508 AVR and watched a couple of movie clips. Experience is pretty good so far.

Will burn-in the speakers for a couple of hours before I give my feedback on them.

Last edited:
I think this one :

PHP:
Avis Electronics
Phone : 040 - 27703723, 040 - 27711391, 9440746767, 9849844187
Address : C.B.R. Complex, Rashtrapati Road, Secunderabad, Hyderabad  - 500003
Landmark: Opposite Chimalgi Studio

Last edited:
Hi all,

Bought the Pioneer AJ5235XT 5.1 set yesterday from a dealer (Avis Electronics) in Hyderabad.

Total cost INR 56500/- (without bill).

The dealer has 1-2 more sets in stock and is also ready to offer only the floor standing speakers at INR 26,000/- a pair (with bill).

I have currently connected the speakers to my old Denon 1508 AVR and watched a couple of movie clips. Experience is pretty good so far.

Will burn-in the speakers for a couple of hours before I give my feedback on them.

Thanks boombox for the details, please share your experience so far. Where did u buy Denon 1508 AVR?

Thanks boombox for the details, please share your experience so far. Where did u buy Denon 1508 AVR?

Hi,

I was not able to spend much time with the system, intend to do so this weekend. But so far I can say the whole system is a lot better that my old Fusion 5 speakers purchased as a package along with the Denon 1508 from USK Electornics in 2008.

My movies to Music consumption is like 90:10 and most (read 100%) of the source for movies and music is blu ray rips and FLAC (sometimes MP3) files.

So frankly I am not sure what the system is capable of with better source.

But so far satisfied vis-a-vis my old speakers.

Also plan to upgrade the AVR in the near term as the old system (speakers + AVR) would be given to my cousin.

I am contemplating on getting the Pioneer VSX 1131 or Denon X2200 as a replacement to my old AVR. Getting the Pioneer VSX 1131 for around 46K in Hyderabad. No clue about the Denon X2200.

Any suggestions here would be welcome (Living room with 15*12 dimensions).

Hi,

I was not able to spend much time with the system, intend to do so this weekend. But so far I can say the whole system is a lot better that my old Fusion 5 speakers purchased as a package along with the Denon 1508 from USK Electornics in 2008.

My movies to Music consumption is like 90:10 and most (read 100%) of the source for movies and music is blu ray rips and FLAC (sometimes MP3) files.

So frankly I am not sure what the system is capable of with better source.

But so far satisfied vis-a-vis my old speakers.

Also plan to upgrade the AVR in the near term as the old system (speakers + AVR) would be given to my cousin.

I am contemplating on getting the Pioneer VSX 1131 or Denon X2200 as a replacement to my old AVR. Getting the Pioneer VSX 1131 for around 46K in Hyderabad. No clue about the Denon X2200.

Any suggestions here would be welcome (Living room with 15*12 dimensions).

Check this post from another thread (Denon AV Receiver upgrade -Is it Worth the cost & effort?) -
http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...ver-upgrade-worth-cost-effort.html#post711107

Can someone advise the wire's gauge. The manual says 18awg is fine if within 50ft. But some forum search says 18awg is too thin. Should I get 16awg?

Can someone advise the wire's gauge. The manual says 18awg is fine if within 50ft. But some forum search says 18awg is too thin. Should I get 16awg?

Speaker Impedance 16 AWG Wire Gauge
8 Ohm Load - 20 Distance (ft)
6 Ohm Load - 15 Distance (ft)
4 Ohm Load - 10 Distance (ft)

Speaker Impedance 18 AWG Wire Gauge
8 Ohm Load - 10 Distance (ft)
6 Ohm Load - 08 Distance (ft)
4 Ohm Load - 05 Distance (ft)

courtesy:- Speaker Cable Gauge (AWG) Guidelines & Recommendations | Audioholics

Did you receive the delivery of the spks?
yes. I have but not able to set up due to the cables. The speakers are well packed, factory sealed.

My existing setup was Pioneer 524k + Yamaha NS-P20 5.1 (from yht 299)

I will replace the front satellites with the Pioneers and use the center+rear from Yamaha for now. I was using the bundled cables that come with the Yamaha.

Now as I am buying recommended cables for pioneer, should I change the cables for center and rear also ?

I live single in a small apartment, hence my Pioneer towers have to be placed at 5ft from the TV and almost 10ft distant from each other(L&R). Yamahas are 6ohm, so as Pioneers.

I would suggest use the bundled cables for the Yamaha as it would match the specification of the spks.

Do share your experience with the new FS :thumbsup:

Installed the new fs52s. Paired with Pioneer avr 524k with two rear satellites from yamaha and 6.5inch powered subwoofer from yamaha htib yht299.

haven't impressed me much yet. Bass is not Ok. Midrange is good. Highs are little much brighter for my taste. I guess, burn in needed!!

Two issues are - i dont have much room for keeping towers at a distance from wall. I have to place them in extreme corners. And left speaker has a door(to balcony) at its rear. Will it be a problem? Please advise the possible position which i can try.

In stereo mode, subwoofer gets absolutely silent. Only in 5.1 mode it is working. Cross over is set 100hz by auto mccc correction. Subwoofer frequency response is 30hz-160hz. What should i have to do to make it work and handle some low frequency in sterero music listening.

First congrats on the new setup :clapping:

Lets come to the issues now - "No Bass" on tower spks :confused: or just the sub woofer?

If tower - Change the position of the tower speakers i do see there is issues round that as you have described. i do remember mentioning these are back ported tower hence you defly need to have it placed little away from the wall.
I have it connected with Denon & its placed almost 3" away from wall. It plays beautifully with enough bass response to my listening. again its subjective i would say ;)

Regarding the Yamaha SW if i'm not wrong its powered sub, i guess it has to be with some basic setup with the AVR you might need to explore.

Cheers,
Binu

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back