Pioneer sp-fs52 andrew jones designed now in india

sp fs52 is VFM good sounding speakers.Our FM has paired Yamaha 671 with earlier 51 series.The sound was dynamic.
I heard sp fs52 with Denon in expo and it was musical.Sound is more open than previous range.They should match with Yamaha 673.

@Goamit10:

That review is from Jan-2013 when the speakers had not even launched in India.
That price listed is just a Rupee conversion of the then USD price in USA.
Its very misleading. Wish it was available here at the same price, it would easily be the best VFM.

There r wonders goin on with Pioneer SP FS-52!!

Yes. That review is very misleading in regards to the speaker's price. How they can even put that price without thinking about?? !!

Guys,

I am thrilled to read about these speakers. As a great timing, am in a mood to switch to Floor-standers.

My current setup:
Amp: Marantz PM6004
Speakers: wharfedale 9.2
Room size : Approx 22 x 12

I wish to audition / switch to floorstanding speakers mainly for
* bigger base
* 3 way speaker system

I wanted to do that without compromising on mid range details. Also, the BIG bass needs to be clear & controlled (without being 'boomy') .

For those who have auditioned / own SP-FS52s (and everyone else :) ) , could you please share your thoughts regarding:

* Will marantz be able to drive these? (45wpc - at 8 ohm / 60wpc (at 4 ohm)
* 20K is not peanuts (for me :) ) but I was going to wait to buy FS speakers in the range of 50-80K (soon :) ) as I was reading about how one has to start at a certain price point to get quality in FS speakers. BUT do these speakers look like something I should buy without audition? (Do I save extra 1-2K in mumbai trip :).. now given the price of these speakers its 5-10% of the price my dear fellows)
* I will call avenue sound to check if they facilitate audition. (@ch@ts, I wonder if you got the delivery and how was experience with avenue sound. Also did they charge for delivery?)

Thanks.
Cheers

There is no rush but too good VFM is hard to get frequently so... :)

I haven't received the speakers yet...they're expected on the 6th of Feb.
I've bought a Pioneer VSX523 receiver along with them.

Avenue Sound was asking for Rs.2500 (+ LBT/octroi) for delivery to Pune (IMO...it's cheaper to take a train down and a taxi back) . But since I've got a house 5 mins away from their shop, I'll have them delivered there, and get them to Pune the next time I go to Bombay.

Avenue Sound didn't have them in stock when I visited 3 weeks ago, so an audition wasn't possible at that time.

However, if you're willing to wait a few weeks to place your order, then once my speakers are delivered, you can come over to my place for an audition.

Thanks a lot @ch@ts for the info.

However, if you're willing to wait a few weeks to place your order, then once my speakers are delivered, you can come over to my place for an audition.

That's very kind of you... Thanks again.
(Yes, I will wait... As I said there is no rush.. only eagerness & excitement :) )

Need reviews. Desperately as these pair of floorstanders have got me super-excited. How would they be for stereo ? And with Marantz PM6004 ?

Please some inputs 'gurus' :)

Cheers

Hello Friends...is this packae available in Chennai for audition? Can some one help me where I can purchase in Chennai (if available).

Thanks.
KV.

Need reviews. Desperately as these pair of floorstanders have got me super-excited. How would they be for stereo ? And with Marantz PM6004 ?

Cheers

My close relative in the US (NJ) just picked up a pair and a Marantz 1604 AVR. That is rated 50W/ch at 8 ohms. He is more than satisfied with this buy, currently working @ stereo only. He plans to add on the other speakers, from Pioneer shortly. In-built internet radio in the AVR prompted him to settle for the AVR. Has a Martin Logan 8" sub-woofer too.

I don't know if it's available in your town, but the pioneer India website lists them @~ mrp Rs. 24000

After One year and much Hulla Bulla, no reports from any FMs buying these speakers :mad: :indifferent14:

And who may be this Andrew Jones BTW? Is he a speaker salesman?

--G0bble

I bought these speakers... They're being imported and due to a delay they haven't been delivered yet.
And yes, since Andrew Jones is promoting the speakers he can be called a glorified salesman.

At avenue sound website the price is Rs 23000, and lower down the page it says
" Speakers Sold Individually", so is it 46000 a pair ? Has anyone received them ?

Uh oh ... my bad, right at the top it says Pair. So it looks like it is 23, 000 for a pair, but does it really sell for that ? Considering even Sonodyne is almost 50 % more now.

Order Summary

Sales Order Number: 198675283
Sales Order Date: 1/27/2014 6:17:57 AM
Shipping Method: WILL CALL

1 x ($149.99) Pioneer SP-FS51-LR Floorstanding Speakers Pair $149.99

1 x ($69.99) Pioneer SP-BS21-LR Bookshelf Loudspeakers Pair $69.99
Subtotal:$219.98
Tax:$15.40
Shipping and Handling:$0.00
Total Amount:$235.38

------------------------

Billing Information
VISA: ************5976
ABHIJIT
1 CHANNEL DRIVE
UNIT 4
MONMOUTH BEACH, NJ 07750

Shipping Information
ABHIJIT
1 Channel Dr
Unit 4
Monmouth Beach, NJ 07750-1341

View our return policies.

Newegg.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel the order at any time prior to shipment without liability.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what my relative picked up recently in the US.
Amazing discounted rates! More than 50% discount on MRP there, I guess.

Order Summary

Sales Order Number: 198675283
Sales Order Date: 1/27/2014 6:17:57 AM
Shipping Method: WILL CALL

1 x ($149.99) Pioneer SP-FS51-LR Floorstanding Speakers Pair $149.99

1 x ($69.99) Pioneer SP-BS21-LR Bookshelf Loudspeakers Pair $69.99
Subtotal:$219.98
Tax:$15.40
Shipping and Handling:$0.00
Total Amount:$235.38

------------------------

Billing Information
VISA: ************5976
ABHIJIT
1 CHANNEL DRIVE
UNIT 4
MONMOUTH BEACH, NJ 07750

Shipping Information
ABHIJIT
1 Channel Dr
Unit 4
Monmouth Beach, NJ 07750-1341

View our return policies.

Newegg.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel the order at any time prior to shipment without liability.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what my relative picked up recently in the US.
Amazing discounted rates! More than 50% discount on MRP there, I guess.

I suggest you to remove the CC and address details of your friend from above post. It might create issues in the future.

The guys who are discussing the prices and availability in India can call up Ashish from Avenue Sound directly. He does import these speakers in India and even provides a 1 year warranty on the same. I have my 5.0 set on back order and am keenly looking forward to it. Don't go by their website quotes, just call him directly. These are perfect speakers for someone who wants to build a HT/music system on modest budgets.

Cheers
Even i am interested to know the same, will it pair good with the Marantz PM6004? I am looking it purely for stereo cd listening.

Back