Pioneer sp-fs52 andrew jones designed now in india

Hi,

Is SP-BS22 officially released in India by Pioneer? I am not able to see any details in Pioneer website or any Bangalore HT dealers website.
Will Pioneer india honour the warranty and service if purchased from Avenue Sound?

Hi Guys,

Have you heard from Ashish regarding Speakers delivery ?.Last time i talked , he said by Feb 6th ,he was expecting consignment and by 10th custom clearance . I tried to call him personally but it is switched off from last 2 days. Even tried to call land line , seems to busy all the time :mad:

Let me know if u guys have any update

He said by the 10 th of march... he called me himself to let me know about the delay.

Now, one can take the thread title literally. Pioneer India has listed this speaker set on their website with an official price of 53K for the 5.1 set and 22.9K for the FS52. I think they could have priced it a bit cheaper considering it's US price.

I was watching a Rocky Mountain Audio Show seminar on low-cost high-end which included Andrew Jones talking about this range of speakers. Very interesting. I went on to trawl the web for references about the bookshelf speakers. They seem to be extraordinary value for money. So much so that, if I was in a US city, I'd would have just nipped out an bought a pair!

Absolutely. These speakers have caused a stir at the entry level in the audio community and have earned mighty praise from whoever have heard this. Quite a few users have bought these despite owning much better high-end speakers. Not for replacing them though. These are just good speakers and provide a value which is far beyond it's price. Apparently, A. Jones is working on a super secret project for Pioneer again and if rumor is to be believed, it may be on the room correction software in their AVRs.

Thad, the Mumbai HFVs have heard these speakers at a HT meet about two years back and all of them had nothing but praise for these speakers. The only negative they have going against them is their peculiar size and non-aesthetic design (in comparison to some other speakers). The floor standers are just a tad short of the regular tall boys and the center speaker is HUGE. The bookshelves look good if you remove the grille and they are available only in a single black ash finish.

only in a single black ash finish.

Which, at this price, is probably synthetic. But, for the price, I wouldn't care too much about that, especially for desktop speakers. I'm quite confused just now about actives or passives+amp for my desktop, but, in so far as photos show, the looks would not put me off these.

(I've gone in the opposite direction to most. For past few years I've been completely convinced that I wanted actives; now I'm reconsidering the amp+passives route. Also, as I am prioritizing headphones, I'm dropping the speaker-listening budget.)

PS. Meet Andrew Jones. This is the Rocky Mountai Audio Fest Seminar in which he participated:

High End Sound on a Budget: Superlative Sound During Tough Times

~

Last edited:
Oh great, some real action on this thread at last! :clapping:

Will you be able to post comparison to the most popular budget speakers talked about on HFV? :)

Congratulations and Enjoy the Music!
~G0bble

Guys,This evening i got my Pioneer SP-FS52 :yahoo:

Burn in process , So for i think sound imaging is quite super,so is bass , clean treble though i haven't cranked it. It's super VFM:)

Please let me know anybody else got speakers and post initial impression

congrats!
if you don't mind whats the cost of the speakers and where did you buy?
What amp are you using to drive these speakers?

Hi Everybody.....I am New To this Speaker forum......
First I Want to Thanks Sash for this Thread....

I am also in the market for Avr & Speakers & interested in Pioneer 52 model.
My requirement is 75% Movies/Tv & 25% Music(Hindi film songs/classical vocal & instrumental & western Symphony).

I have Already posted New Thread for:-

Avr Denon X 1000/ E 300/ Yamaha Rxv 575/ Onkyo 525.

So please give any contact from where i can buy whenever it arrives in India.
I am from Mumbai Hope it might Launch here only. If You have any more information in this regards i request you please forward me.

Thanking You for your Information....

With Regards...

Rajubhai.

Hello,

While a subwoofer is a must for any home theater setup your goal should be for a musical system. Remember that a movie is all full of voice and music. A system good at producing voice and music will sound great for movies. But you do need the subwoofer for proper "explosive" effects. :)

The Pioneer line of speakers by Andrew Jones is terrific. I have an older pair.
The smaller speakers for surround from the Andrew Jones line with a matching subwoofer, also Andrew Jones, will sound great. But you must also have a good musical AVR. Yamaha and Marantz are at the top of the list for musical lower priced AVRs. If you can step up to the lowest price Cambridge Audio you will be in heaven. I really wouldn't recommend Denon, very antiseptic with one "thud" note bass. (Marantz will likely not be a good choice within the next year or so as Denon bought Marantz).

Good luck building your HT!

Last edited:
Strangely I found that the FS are easier to drive than the BS! Also, on paper the FS are rated as 6 ohm speaker, but in some tests documented at audioholics, it was mentioned that there are different ways to record this and as per some tests these should be marked as 8 ohms.

But the amount of bass these produce (both FS and BS) is quite adequate. I have a sub, but I've not switched it on while playing music on these FS. Even my speakers are not burned in, but yesterday while listening to 'Yeh jo des hai tera' from Swades, the bass thumps were quite good. I am sure that there are better speakers at a higher price point available, but these are quite good at the price (even if you consider it's Indian price).

I am just playing music on it :)

Don't worry too much about burning them in, just listen to them and enjoy your music. They would start sounding better after a few sessions :)

More than the burn in, try and work out the placement so that there's some distance from the wall and let the speakers rear port. This placement and room acoustics would help more than the burn-in.

Strangely I found that the FS are easier to drive than the BS! Also, on paper the FS are rated as 6 ohm speaker, but in some tests documented at audioholics, it was mentioned that there are different ways to record this and as per some tests these should be marked as 8 ohms.

....<deleted>QUOTE]

Just a note that the ohm rating for a speaker varies by frequency range. The quoted ohm rating is usually some sort of average and how this is arrived at can vary.

This said, any decent amp can drive a speaker over its varying ohm range. Problems can come in if you crank the volume or when the ohm rating is very low (2 ohms or less for electrostatic speakers as an example).

....<deleted>QUOTE]

Just a note that the ohm rating for a speaker varies by frequency range. The quoted ohm rating is usually some sort of average and how this is arrived at can vary.

This said, any decent amp can drive a speaker over its varying ohm range. Problems can come in if you crank the volume or when the ohm rating is very low (2 ohms or less for electrostatic speakers as an example).

I am getting a wharfedale MS-100 5.0 speaker set with an impedance of 4ohms. I am planning to use a Yamaha RX-V475 receiver with it. Is that going to be a problem for the receiver or the speaker?

I'd wait for other gurus to answer this but I think the receiver would struggle to transfer more power when you play at high volumes. Having said that the Wharfedale MS-100 speaker set is actually a popular model in the budget range, right? So I am sure it'd have been designed to work with entry level AVRs.

Sorry to confuse you a bit more, but have you looked at other speakers in that price range? Why not audition the set mentioned in this thread? Aesthetically I'd rate them below average because of their humongous size, but sonically they are extremely good. I think price wise it'd not be very far from the MS-100 5.0 set.

I'd wait for other gurus to answer this but I think the receiver would struggle to transfer more power when you play at high volumes. Having said that the Wharfedale MS-100 speaker set is actually a popular model in the budget range, right? So I am sure it'd have been designed to work with entry level AVRs.

Sorry to confuse you a bit more, but have you looked at other speakers in that price range? Why not audition the set mentioned in this thread? Aesthetically I'd rate them below average because of their humongous size, but sonically they are extremely good. I think price wise it'd not be very far from the MS-100 5.0 set.

I was looking at the SP-FS52 but they are huge. Won't fit my furniture. Also I am getting the wharfedales without paying a penny as they were lying unused with my bro.:)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back