Pixellation on 50",distance 2.5 mts, SD channel

tony.singarayar

Hi Everyone,
I need you help.
If the viewing distance is 2.5 mts and input is an SD channel,
Will the pixelation be noticeable for a 50" HD TV?
Also will the pixelation be more noticeable if i buy 50" FULL HD for 2.5mts,SD channel?

Thanks in Advance.
Tony

Last edited:
hi tony,

i have a sammy 50" (hd ready) and uses ts. at 2.5 mts (8 feet) there is a slight pixelation but it is not because of tv but due to the poor pq of sd transmission. it you poke your eyes real well, this would be in every lcd/plasma set no matter what the size is.

Obviously bigger the screen the easier to spot pixelation.

But it mostly depends on how good the source is.Even if the tv has the best upscaler if source sucks then their is nothing one can do other then increase the viewing distance,reducing the brightness or backlight.

Agree, SD looks on plasma any day than LCD. Tony why not play a HD rip and see the PQ out, then you will be able to see the difference between SD & HD content also you will be able to test if any pixels are showing up in the set.

My experience is that 32" is the best for watching SD signals/ After that pixelation, signal processing breaks etc/ becomevery obvious. 100Hz makes a lot of difference.

Sridhar

Thank You Everyone,
I will settling down with a 42" as the Viewing distance will be 10feet(3mts) And mostly i will be watching SD channels.
Thanks for your advice and input.
Tony

Thank You Everyone,
I will settling down with a 42" as the Viewing distance will be 10feet(3mts) And mostly i will be watching SD channels.
Thanks for your advice and input.
Tony

HD-ready plasma is very good for SD viewing.. get 50 incher if budget is not an issue :)
at 10 feet, 50 inch should not be an issue.. I use 42" HD-ready plasma at 8 feet distance for SD viewing..for HD viewing i come closer to the TV (5-6 feet)..

Samsung is feature rich (can play HD via USB, 18 bit color reproduction) and it has the best SD up-scalar..

Panasonic are slightly better in blacks and you get 3 years warranty..

LG are the cheapest and few models come with excellent in-built speakers..

demo and decide :)

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back