Planning for an AVR with EQ for Dual subs - Suggestions please..

Thanks for all your inputs.. Picked Denon x 3300.

Congratulations! Can you share some info on the price and features that you liked the best?
I ask on behalf of a friend who is looking to purchase an AVR on similar lines.

Regards.

Congratulations! Can you share some info on the price and features that you liked the best?
I ask on behalf of a friend who is looking to purchase an AVR on similar lines.

Regards.

Thx Nikhil...I got it in Grey Market (Chennai) 66K.. Per ProFX, the listed price is 109K.. So at best you can get it for 100K with bill & warranty..

Other than Dolby Atmos and Dts X, Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 along with ability to EQ Dual subs (Independent) were the prime features that i was looking for..

Hearty Congrats Elango :clapping:
For the amount of effort and patience you did, you truly deserve this great amp. :clapping:

Thx Nipun :thumbsup: I really waited for a long time to get it outside India, nothing happened.. Finally had to decide & finish it..

Denon x 3300 seems to have very good reviews all over.. Hopefully it lives upto its reputation..

Congratulations for your purchase! Crazy setup you have.

Do share the pick of your complete setup, once its done.

Cheers!

Congrats Elango!

I'm also planning to upgrade to a good AVR... please see below my needs .. I can see that you've done a great amount of research behind your purchase.. Your comments and suggestions are much appreciated...

Looking to get an AVR for KEF R series speakers.

Hey There,
I've upgraded my speakers to KEF R300s and R200c (getting r200c this week!). surround will be Q300s. The R300s are powered by Marantz PM7004.

Currently I'm using Onkyo htr-390 (basic model) with Pioneer Andrew Jones series floor stander (LR) + center and surrounds + Onkyo passive sub for movies.

After my speaker upgrade to R series, I felt a big improvement in stereo performance. Naturally, I'm leaning towards making my R300 for movie duties as well... thats when I decided to get R200c center channel.. So I can use same setup for stereo (about 60+ % of my usage) and movies as well.

also thinking about upgrading my AVR now. I'm leaning towards Marantz NR1606; and take left and right pre-outs to Marantz PM-7004 power amp in.. so the load on NR1606 is only towards center channel and surrounds for now. (i'm planning to stick with 5.1 and may add Atmos later to make it 5.1.2).
Since the load on front speakers are out of NR1606, I think it will be good enough to power KEF r200c and q300s(surround)?.

Another thing to note is that, I can't buy a powered sub as of now, so if I move to NR1606, I've to run it without a sub for some time.. If I go with onkyo, i can still use the current onkyo sub; but I've to manually connect speaker cables from onkyo AVR to R300s everytime I switch from stereo to movies - also, I doubt whether it will power R300s, r200c, q300s, and passive sub simultaneously?

What you guys think? should I move up to NR1606 or stick with my onkyo avr now and later go for a more powerful AVR? I also have an idea to get a used SR series Marantz AVR.. maybe SR5008 or so.. but then I will miss-out future atoms upgrade. Expert opinions please..

Thanks!
Noble

Congratulations for your purchase! Crazy setup you have.

Do share the pick of your complete setup, once its done.

Cheers!

Thanks balzac.. Am excited too, as this is would be my first time with dual subwoofer..

Sure.. Will share pics in a weeks time.. Need to install few plug points to accommodate subwoofer's..

Congrats Elango!

I'm also planning to upgrade to a good AVR... please see below my needs .. I can see that you've done a great amount of research behind your purchase.. Your comments and suggestions are much appreciated...

Looking to get an AVR for KEF R series speakers.

Hey There,
I've upgraded my speakers to KEF R300s and R200c (getting r200c this week!). surround will be Q300s. The R300s are powered by Marantz PM7004.

Currently I'm using Onkyo htr-390 (basic model) with Pioneer Andrew Jones series floor stander (LR) + center and surrounds + Onkyo passive sub for movies.

After my speaker upgrade to R series, I felt a big improvement in stereo performance. Naturally, I'm leaning towards making my R300 for movie duties as well... thats when I decided to get R200c center channel.. So I can use same setup for stereo (about 60+ % of my usage) and movies as well.

also thinking about upgrading my AVR now. I'm leaning towards Marantz NR1606; and take left and right pre-outs to Marantz PM-7004 power amp in.. so the load on NR1606 is only towards center channel and surrounds for now. (i'm planning to stick with 5.1 and may add Atmos later to make it 5.1.2).
Since the load on front speakers are out of NR1606, I think it will be good enough to power KEF r200c and q300s(surround)?.

Another thing to note is that, I can't buy a powered sub as of now, so if I move to NR1606, I've to run it without a sub for some time.. If I go with onkyo, i can still use the current onkyo sub; but I've to manually connect speaker cables from onkyo AVR to R300s everytime I switch from stereo to movies - also, I doubt whether it will power R300s, r200c, q300s, and passive sub simultaneously?

What you guys think? should I move up to NR1606 or stick with my onkyo avr now and later go for a more powerful AVR? I also have an idea to get a used SR series Marantz AVR.. maybe SR5008 or so.. but then I will miss-out future atoms upgrade. Expert opinions please..

Thanks!
Noble

Thx Noblejose.

Congrats on your speakers, great choice.

Few pointers for you to consider..

- If you intend to use Marantz PM7004 as a power amplifier alone, then you need to think of AVR's with pre-outs to take advantage.
- Good to consider AVR with more power, but even better to consider one with a capable room correction feature. This is the single most feature that can make HT experience wonderful.
- If you can spare enough budget, consider getting an AVR with one of the above said features.. If not live with Onkyo until you make enough budget..

Thx Noblejose.

Congrats on your speakers, great choice.

Few pointers for you to consider..

- If you intend to use Marantz PM7004 as a power amplifier alone, then you need to think of AVR's with pre-outs to take advantage.
- Good to consider AVR with more power, but even better to consider one with a capable room correction feature. This is the single most feature that can make HT experience wonderful.
- If you can spare enough budget, consider getting an AVR with one of the above said features.. If not live with Onkyo until you make enough budget..

Thank you elango,

-I'll be powering L/R with my stereo amp. So I need an avr with front pre-outs.
-I'll consider AVR with more power - may be in Marantz SR series/ or the one you got.. I read that the DENON AVRX3300 is a terrific performer!
-Yes, I do like to experiment with room correction, and I believe a good room correction algorithm can work wonders!
-Yes, make sense, I'm planning to live with current Onkyo until I can approach a good AVR that meets above mentioned points.

I also got some suggestions by other people to stick with my onkyo now, and get a good powered SUB first! and later go for a proper AVR upgrade.. I am inclined towards this route..

So my plan is to keep my avr, and switch left and right R300 speakers from stereo amp to AVR whenever i need to watch movies. So I can run R300s front left and right, R200c center, Q300s surrounds, and onkyo passive sub connected from my existing ONKYO HTR-390... Does that sounds good?

Many thanks!

Thank you elango,

-I'll be powering L/R with my stereo amp. So I need an avr with front pre-outs.
-I'll consider AVR with more power - may be in Marantz SR series/ or the one you got..

I dont think a power amplifier is really required for your speaker.. 88db efficient.. You may not need to add a power amplifier @ all in your chain..consider skipping it..

I read that the DENON AVRX3300 is a terrific performer!

Yes.. Most of the reviews/user feedback are good for this model.

-Yes, I do like to experiment with room correction, and I believe a good room correction algorithm can work wonders!
-Yes, make sense, I'm planning to live with current Onkyo until I can approach a good AVR that meets above mentioned points.

Best thing is to save up, delay your purchase & get it..

I also got some suggestions by other people to stick with my onkyo now, and get a good powered SUB first! and later go for a proper AVR upgrade.. I am inclined towards this route..

If you are getting a sub first, how would you use with your Onky AVR? It seems to have inputs for passive sub..

So my plan is to keep my avr, and switch left and right R300 speakers from stereo amp to AVR whenever i need to watch movies. So I can run R300s front left and right, R200c center, Q300s surrounds, and onkyo passive sub connected from my existing ONKYO HTR-390... Does that sounds good? Many thanks!

Your AVR has Speakers B outputs.. May be you can consider that option too than swapping ampliiers..

Is there a good thread on here on how to manually correct sub frequencies. My avr is OK ok with yapao correction and I don't feel my elac s10 sub much with auto correction.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back