Planning to buy Accuphase E-480

All this Accuphase bashing had a reverse effect on me .....o_O
Just pulled the trigger on an Accuphase E-650 this morning (from an Indian dealer no less) :oops:
As they say "haters will be haters", just enjoy your amp & ignore the rest :cool:

Cheers..

As they say "haters will be haters", just enjoy your amp & ignore the rest
I was a passive (and dispassionate) reader of this thread, who has no knowledge of Accuphase or other amps in that price range, nor any intentions to buy. I did not find the arguments even close to ‘hate speech’. Sure there were strong views on unreasonable pricing by Indian dealers and what seems to be company’s blind-eye towards the same. But to construe that as a hate for the product seems preposterous. At the most it’s anger at being fleeced by the middlemen and ignored by the parent company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pulled the trigger on an Accuphase E-650 this morning (from an Indian dealer no less) :oops:
Great choice! Enjoy... It's one heck of a sweet-sounding amp! (Despite all the bitterness about price on this thread LOL!)

Congrats!
Hope this is the start of a new journey for you!!
It would be mighty sad if this move culminates in another Accuphase bashing thread titled "Accuphase E-650" ;)

Guys, Essrand already has a top notch system. It’s just that his current amp speaker synergy is not to his liking. He’s actually downgrading to an Accuphase :)

Presently he has Nagra 300 power amp and Nagra Jazz pre. Just the Nagra Jazz pre is more expensive than his 650.

He’s hoping the Accuphase will have better synergy with his O96 speakers.

All the best Essrand. I hope you find the Accuphase O96 combo to your liking.

Guys, Essrand already has a top notch system. It’s just that his current amp speaker synergy is not to his liking. He’s actually downgrading to an Accuphase :)

Presently he has Nagra 300 power amp and Nagra Jazz pre. Just the Nagra Jazz pre is more expensive than his 650.

He’s hoping the Accuphase will have better synergy with his O96 speakers.

All the best Essrand. I hope you find the Accuphase O96 combo to your liking.
And all this while I thought Bhaskar was on our side in the revolution!!!! Turns out he is part of the bourgeois looking down upon us peasants...This is typical of us Indians - the distributor must have read the thread and he gave a sweet deal to one of us and divided us.. I wish the distributor had chosen me...

Panditji, Essrand has been considering the 650 for a very long time. Much before this thread. :)

And all this while I thought Bhaskar was on our side in the revolution!!!! Turns out he is part of the bourgeois looking down upon us peasants...This is typical of us Indians - the distributor must have read the thread and he gave a sweet deal to one of us and divided us.. I wish the distributor had chosen me...

Panditji, the Accuphase sound itself is a revolution. No revolution after Accuphase please, we are audiophiles ;)

The O96's are some great speakers. I would have chosen a tube amp to drive it. On the SS side, one would have chosen to stay with a brand like Goldmund, Accuphase. This downgrade should turn out to be an upgrade in terms of musical enjoyment.

Hehehe, I knew I was going catch some flak for this move. And I am assuming @panditji is kidding, of course. But I been in talks for an Accuphase E-650 for more than an year now (see old posts).

Didn't know we were starting a revolution. Feel like I need to sign a written consent before I am automatically recruited. :)

@AKT, sure, post-vaccination, you are welcome anytime you are in Goa.

@bloredude I already have a tube pre/power.

You can defend him all you want Prem but he deserted the revolution just for a good deal on an integrated amp not even a pre-power...
@panditji don't lose hope, Revolution Shall Continue.
Though I could not find any direct reviews of E480, I got something from E270 which is more relevant here. Bit Predictable but worth sharing. From this review

& I QUOTE...
On not so good news, the Hypex based NC400 amplifier way outshines the Accuphase E-270. It has far less noise, distortion and much more power. Whoever thinks class AB amplifiers are better than switching ones like NC400, this is the time to cry!

& Concluded this

Unfortunately I think there are some serious engineering issues in the pre-amplifier. The XLR input not only generates much worse performance on its own, but also serves to pollute the performance of RCA input! There is not sufficient power/isolation for the pre-amp causing its performance to sag when the unit is asked to produce a lot of power. These are faults that I don't tolerate in mass market products, let alone higher end ones.

I would say if you want to get an Accuphase product, get a power amplifier. The integrated unit as tested just doesn't do that job so sadly, I cannot recommend it.

So let's continue with brand bashing, Distributor bashing for overpriced product.
Long Live Revolution!
(Hopefully Accuphase distributors pick me this time for a great deal ;))

Panditji...the distributor may have also switched on the Loudness Compensator button this time...

Checked with a dealer here in UAE and the E-480 price is around AED 32,000 ( roughly around INR 6.3 Lakhs). Price list bellow
Interesting... Can you figure out how much VAT in UAE. Hope Indian and UAE distributors get more or less same price from Accuphase.

Checked with a dealer here in UAE and the E-480 price is around AED 32,000 ( roughly around INR 6.3 Lakhs). Price list below

View attachment 57395
Wow, if you have someone known in your local airport customs, Flying out to Dubai ( Voltage Compatibility Checked) and getting it handcarried back to India works out way cheaper than, buying on the best deal price in India!
Someone should email the Parent Company in Japan about how their Indian dealer is damaging the brand by overpricing ; or genuinely enquiring the Company about the reasons for overpricing.
Sad state of Affairs.

Last edited:
Interesting... Can you figure out how much VAT in UAE. Hope Indian and UAE distributors get more or less same price from Accuphase.
UAE customs duty is 5% and VAT is another 5%
Wow, if you have someone known in your local airport customs, Flying out to Dubai ( Voltage Compatibility Checked) and getting it handcarried back to India works out way cheaper buying on the best deal price in India!
That holds true of most electronic goods. See the comment above about taxation

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back