Planning to buy Home theatre

hifimahesh

Hi all,

I'm Mahesh from Pune. I'm big fan of this forum and it helped me to took decision for TV and now home theater. Thanks to everyone.

Last month I brought Panasonic P50UT50 TV and now looking for home theater for it.
I've gone through various forums and shortlisted home theatre Denon 1312XP. I was looking for package which has good AVR so considered Yamaha yht-397 and Denon 1312. Yamaha 397 and denon 1312XP. Denon 1312XP is offered at 31,000 in pune and Yamaha 397 for 28K with step down transformer on ebay from avenuesound. I've autiioned Denon but not 397 and almost decided to go for denon 1312XP.

My hall size is 15X15 and dinning room and kitchens are attached so hall has 1 side open.

1. Go for Denon 1312 or Yamaha 397.
2. Will this system good if consider my room size ?
3. Will I get good sound/effects in HT if I play movies from USB of TV.

Any suggestion are welcome,
Thanks

For 15x15 room size, Denon 1312 is enough. But the open side can affect the surround sound effect.

To get surround sound effects from TV USB, first the movie file should have 5.1 audio. Secondly the TV should be able to bitstream the 5.1 audio. Some TVs will send only dolby digital signals and DTS is downmixed to two channel. When you play a movie file with only two channel audio, you will get a pseudo surround effect.

Hi Baijuxavior,
Your signature shows Denon 1612. I just asked one dealer in Mumbai who says this is out of sales. I thought it was a newer model than 1312. Any idea on price of 1312 and 1612 ?

Both 1312 and 1612 are last year models. 1612 is a higher model with additional features like audessey multEQ automatic room correction, usb port for music etc. I think 1312 has been replaced by 1513 and 1612 by 1713 both of which are costlier now. I read a few days back that Denon 1612 is available at htstore.in for 25K.

baiju suggested you perfectly....
one thing i just want to add....if you think you will never upgrade sound 1312xp is just super enough for you..but if has a slight plan even after 2 years....
go for separate route...
get a 1612 avr and a pair of wharfe/sonodyne/...bookshelf speakers....floorstanders is not reqiuiresd.
get sub,centre,rear..later when good strong in budget.

baiju suggested you perfectly....
one thing i just want to add....if you think you will never upgrade sound 1312xp is just super enough for you..but if has a slight plan even after 2 years....
go for separate route...
get a 1612 avr and a pair of wharfe/sonodyne/...bookshelf speakers....floorstanders is not reqiuiresd.
get sub,centre,rear..later when good strong in budget.

is there marginal difference in sound quality if we go separate ?

is there marginal difference in sound quality if we go separate ?
Definitely. First you can pick and choose. You have flexibility of budgets. You can match the best suited speakers with the AVR. With an HTiB, there is always some compromise to achieve lower cost.

go for YHT-397, i have bought the same over Denon 1312 and i am very happy with the sound, in both you would need at least bookshelfs in the front at a later stage, but you can do without it. If you like heavy bass then prefer Denon but if you like clear sound then Yamaha is preferable.

go for YHT-397, i have bought the same over Denon 1312 and i am very happy with the sound, in both you would need at least bookshelfs in the front at a later stage, but you can do without it. If you like heavy bass then prefer Denon but if you like clear sound then Yamaha is preferable.

How much you paid for 397 ?

Will Yamaha RX V 373/denon 1513 and Boston Xs 5.1 combination sounds better than denon 1312 xp, i'm getting this receivers below 20k from UK

Which one would be better Yamaha 373 or denon 1513, I've checked specification but didn't understand following Yamaha specs
- 5-channel 500W = 100W x 5 (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD)
- 675W = 135W x 5 (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10 % THD, JEITA)

In case of denon they've clearly specified
Front L/R
75 W + 75 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, THD 0.08 %)
110 W + 110 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 0.7%)

it means Yamaha will drive upto 100w per channel into 5 channels at speaker impedence of 6 ohms. similarly for denon will give 110w at 6 ohms. Power wise there is hardly any difference.
Please listen to the voice, Yamaha sounds more natural while Denon is more bright. Denon is liked by more people. When I was choosing I was shown Denon as default, after listening many combinations with Denon, when I listened to Yamaha I preferred its sound.
But it ultimately boils down to your choice, which sound do you prefer.

I visited AVX, but they dont have boston XS 5.1 for demo. They've recommended me Pure acoustics dream nano package 5.1. Where can I have audition of boston XS 5.1 in Pune? How is Polk Audio blackstone TL1600 ?

I visited AVX, but they dont have boston XS 5.1 for demo. They've recommended me Pure acoustics dream nano package 5.1. Where can I have audition of boston XS 5.1 in Pune? How is Polk Audio blackstone TL1600 ?
Did you audition the Pure Acoustics package?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Did you audition the Pure Acoustics package?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

No I didn't. In AVX they've energy rc-micro with pioneer avr for audition. I liked it very much. Luckily on ebay I found good deal for energy rc-micro 5.0 at 10.5K. So I ordered it. Now looking for AVR and sub-woofer for it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back