Planning to buy Yamaha YHT 2910 for 40K. Can you suggest an alternative product or plan in the similar budget please ???

Naveenbnc

Hello All,

My cousin wants to buy Yamaha YHT2910 home theater for 40K.
I am just thinking if there are any better alternatives around 40 or 45K max.

He don't want a step by step build. So I suggested to go for taga 5.0 speaker set (22 to 25k) and get a used AVR if possible.
Or...... At least he can get a new HTR-3067 AVR (for 24k, same avr in YHT2910) along with taga speaker package.

Are there any better alternative AVRs, in that price range?
Or is there a better plan for 5.1 HT in 40-45k? Can you suggest please...

Thanks & Regards,
Naveen

Hi

It would be advisable for your cousin to demo different systems...he should not feel later that his investment was not fruitful....if he is opened to preowned, he can possibly look at many good systems being sold.....it all boils to personal preferences.

just to add....

I found only two AVRs under 24K.
Pioneer VSX330 and Yamaha HTR3067
Which one of these is better? Usage is 60% movies 40%music.
Can any one suggest please ....

Regards
Naveen

thank you all, basically his budget is 40 to 45k max including avr.
So he settled for YHT2910. Im just checking if there is any better value system in 40 to 45k

Thank you efernand ....
pioneer + jbl combo is interesting and within his budget.
Does it combo sound better than YHT2910? Not easy to say I guess.... any idea?

Here you go

https://htstore.in/index.php?route=product/product&path=18&product_id=916

http://sayhifi.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=273&product_id=353

Most dealers have stopped the package thing due to GST etc....you can do a mix and match and go ahead...
I had bought Yamaha YHT 2910 from eBay. and after a few weeks there was some abnormal noise from sub-woofer. I took it to the authorised service center. The moment I entered the shop, there was a notice stating that warranty was not covered for online purchases. I confirmed the same with the guy in shop also. Even though in eBay it was mentioned as manufacturer warranty available and all, Service center was very clear about it. Somehow I managed to return back the entire system . So keep that in mind when buying anything from Yamaha.

I had bought Yamaha YHT 2910 from eBay. and after a few weeks there was some abnormal noise from sub-woofer. I took it to the authorised service center. The moment I entered the shop, there was a notice stating that warranty was not covered for online purchases. I confirmed the same with the guy in shop also. Even though in eBay it was mentioned as manufacturer warranty available and all, Service center was very clear about it. Somehow I managed to return back the entire system . So keep that in mind when buying anything from Yamaha.

Hey Gokul.... I know we wont get warranty for online purchases. How stupid it is though.... many of our forum members don't know this.
Thanks for highlighting again !!!

Hifi Mart offers official warranty...online purchases is the trend today...that's how E Commerce is progressing......I believe the thumb rule is to check which dealer / site is offering the best price and clearly mentions Manufacturer warranty...next visit the official website of Yamaha / Marantz / BIC America / Pioneer and check if this dealer is official on their listing and if warranty will be entertained.....get this on email please so you have evidence in hand ...should the need arise to visit a service center....

Else....I would prefer to make purchases in person.....check the product....etc...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back