Please Help on buying in black friday sale

Dr.Lakshay

Hello guys,
Quick question:
The polk t15 bookshelf speakers are available for 50$ on Amazon.com. It will cost around 6.5k rs on importing.
Similarly the center speaker polk t30 for 65$ and will cost around 7.5k rs.
Is it worth importing these speakers at this price? Or can I get better speakers for same price in India? Please advise.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sir, you really think any dealer/distributor would offer you any american product at even the US MRP in India leave alone discounted prices there? I would recommend to buy from Amazon and ship to India...

Hello guys,
Quick question:
The polk t15 bookshelf speakers are available for 50$ on Amazon.com. It will cost around 6.5k rs on importing.
Is it worth importing these speakers at this price? Or can I get better speakers for same price in India? Please advise.

For Polk ,check the profx website to get an idea. Profx are also the authorized after sales service partner for Polk .

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

9,200 for the same model. I think it might not be worth it to import, as customs/shipping might get you in the same ball park. sadly it is out of stock listed on their website.

9,200 for the same model. I think it might not be worth it to import, as customs/shipping might get you in the same ball park. sadly it is out of stock listed on their website.

For Polk ,check the profx website to get an idea. Profx are also the authorized after sales service partner for Polk .

MaSh

Checked the site. Both are out of stock. But then I called profx Delhi and they say it it can be made available and quoted 9.5k for t15. And said t30 can also be made available.
Now that really puts me in dilemma.

Hello guys,
Quick question:

Look at similar priced product offering aval in India - https://www.ebay.in/itm/Taga-Harmony-TAV-806S-Surround-Speaker-Perfect-match-for-TAV-806F-TAV-806C/282716897066?hash=item41d33d7f2a:g:eOYAAOSw241YiYKo

An other similar priced product - Taga Harmony TAV-806C Center Speaker Perfect match for TAV-806F, TAV-806S | eBay

Why sweat over importing stuff.. For the total of 14K, that you might end up spending, you have products in India..

Use coupon code if any and avail discounted price..

Checked the site. Both are out of stock. But then I called profx Delhi and they say it it can be made available and quoted 9.5k for t15. And said t30 can also be made available.
Now that really puts me in dilemma.

Why dilemma? Sounds like a good deal. Just buy from profx.

MaSh

Look at similar priced product offering aval in India - https://www.ebay.in/itm/Taga-Harmon...897066?hash=item41d33d7f2a:g:eOYAAOSw241YiYKo

An other similar priced product - Taga Harmony TAV-806C Center Speaker Perfect match for TAV-806F, TAV-806S | eBay

Why sweat over importing stuff.. For the total of 14K, that you might end up spending, you have products in India..

Use coupon code if any and avail discounted price..

Though I feel you are right, but taga is relatively new brand and polk seems to be the better of two. And I just have to add my speakers to an already incoming shipment of PS4.
So I guess I will just go ahead and order only the bookshelfs and leave the center speaker.

Why dilemma? Sounds like a good deal. Just buy from profx.

MaSh

Well dilemma because he said it can be made available and isn't available right away. So that could make him quote different prices later. And my friend is importing PS4 as it's available for 200$ so I just have to add the speakers.

Well...you need then to make the choice......

ProFx usually ropes in 10% discount and i believe their stated prices includes 18% GST on speakers and 28% on subwoofers...

Though I feel you are right, but taga is relatively new brand and polk seems to be the better of two. And I just have to add my speakers to an already incoming shipment of PS4.
So I guess I will just go ahead and order only the bookshelfs and leave the center speaker.

Well dilemma because he said it can be made available and isn't available right away. So that could make him quote different prices later. And my friend is importing PS4 as it's available for 200$ so I just have to add the speakers.

Hmm okay. I would still suggest profx. You could get other smaller accessories like dacs, cables, interconnects, etc from the US.

MaSh

Well...you need then to make the choice......

ProFx usually ropes in 10% discount and i believe their stated prices includes 18% GST on speakers and 28% on subwoofers...
I read this post after I placed the order. Didn't know profx gives 10%discount. Anyways I would still get it cheaper from Amazon.

Hmm okay. I would still suggest profx. You could get other smaller accessories like dacs, cables, interconnects, etc from the US.

MaSh

Took the plunge yesterday. Ended up paying 6k for the bookshelf speakers including customs. Sometimes they do return customs if they overcharged. But I won't have to pay a penny above 6k.
Just ordered monoprice rcas along with it.
Now the wait begins.

Warranty....LOL!

Well i hope its not required. Already took the plunge.

But thanks for the help guys. I will update the thread when I receive them.

Now the hunt for a budget amp starts.

Last edited:
Polk Audio T15 is available in Amazon India global for 6k with a return window of 10 days ,any one interested can go to the product page and and select the seller as Amazon global ,by default it would be showing a higher priceof 9200.

Polk Audio T15 is available in Amazon India global for 6k with a return window of 10 days ,any one interested can go to the product page and and select the seller as Amazon global ,by default it would be showing a higher priceof 9200.
6k plus 3k delivery charge.

Contact Ibhejo.com regarding import purchases. They give better price than amazon. You can request a product

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Received the bookshelf speakers. Yet to open them. Haven't got the time for it.
The hunt for a budget amp with sub out is on. Any recommendations on dac amp under 10k? Lower the better.
Am eyeing smsl q5pro, smsl ad18 and topping mx3.
Wont mind getting a second hand equipment too for a fair price.

IMG-20171208-WA0000.jpg

Received the bookshelf speakers. Yet to open them. Haven't got the time for it.
The hunt for a budget amp with sub out is on. Any recommendations on dac amp under 10k? Lower the better.
Am eyeing smsl q5pro, smsl ad18 and topping mx3.
Wont mind getting a second hand equipment too for a fair price.

View attachment 24554
Doc please consider this
https://www.hifimart.com/byford-audio-str200-bt.html
https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tia-300-stereo-amplifier-with-headphone-output.html

Has anyone tried the Byford audio amp? How's the bluetooth connection stability? How's the overall sound quality? Is this a warm or bright amp? Please advise.

Back