Please help::Pj connected to Avr. Sound is not coming from avr. Its coming from pj

Naveenbnc

Dear all,

When i connect pj to avr, Audio is coming from projector. But it is not coming from avr. Can you help please...my setup is like this.

Laptop--yht196avr--egate p513 PJ (all connections through hdmi)

If I swich off the PJ, the laptop is detecting my avr in audio devices. If I switch on the Pj, immediately the avr is disappearing from audio devices, and pj is appearing in its place.

Can you help me to get audio from my avr please...

Re: Please help::pj connected to Avr. Sound is not coming from avr. Its coming from p

Please see the below images of my laptop audio devices. When PJ is off, my avr is appearing in the list.

When PJ is on, my avr is disappearing from the list, and sound is coming from pj only.
c465e00bdf4ddccae1fbd958880bcbee.jpg
bbd8f3b44d9b2497483f8fdf010a48d5.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Re: Please help::pj connected to Avr. Sound is not coming from avr. Its coming from p

This seems to be related to your HDMI settings. Try going to your graphics card settings, look for something like "Audio Over HDMI" and disable audio from there.

Search Google on how to disable HDMI-audio for your graphics card (Intel or Nvidia) instead of searching for your sound card.

Thank you Niterider,

I will try your suggestion. My last option is going for hdmi audio video splitter. But if i can sort it out with settings change, it would be great and a learning too !!!

You can also try using a VGA cable instead of HDMI in the short-term for a quick fix.

Yaa. . But my laptop doesn't have a vga port. :eek:hyeah:
It has 1 hdmi port, one 3.5mm jack, and 2 usb ports.

Will the laptop USB port send video signal out ??? In that case i can send video through usb, and audio through hdmi .... il go and check...i have to get male to male usb cable

Have you tried switching on the pj first and then the AVR?

Yaa. . But my laptop doesn't have a vga port. :eek:hyeah:
It has 1 hdmi port, one 3.5mm jack, and 2 usb ports.

Will the laptop USB port send video signal out ??? In that case i can send video through usb, and audio through hdmi .... il go and check...i have to get male to male usb cable

Is you 'ARC' On or off in the Yamaha receiver menu? Check these settings, if you can. http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v373_black_u/10254/7090/

Last edited:

When playing through VLC player or similar right click during playback and go to audio devices and select your AVR.

Will the laptop USB port send video signal out ??? In that case i can send video through usb, and audio through hdmi

No, it won't work. Don't use anything except HDMI, DVI or VGA for video as they are best suited for the job.

When playing through VLC player or similar right click during playback and go to audio devices and select your AVR.

Hey....i used to do this a few months back while playing flac songs in vlc. It didnt strike me recently .....il try this amarendra.... thank you !!

Hi amarendra, when the pj is OFF, vlc is showing my avr in audio devices.

When the pj is ON, vlc is not showing my avr in its audio devices list.

I will try this !!! Thanks a lot !!!

Sud98... I will go back home and see if I can switch hdmi audio off in my AVR.

Dear All,

I kept on reading similar issues in various forums.... and people are saying that pin number 13 in HDMI is CEC.
That could be the problem. Because that keeps communication between all the devices connected.

Some even recommended to knock of that pin some how.

Some people suggest HDMI adaptor without CEC (see the link below)
https://www.amazon.com/Lindy-HDMI-Adapter-Female-41232/dp/B00DL48KVI

I am personally thinking, a HDMI to VGA adaptor may solve my problem.
If I connect like this ... Laptop --> AVR with HDMI and then ... AVR to PJ using a HDMI to VGA adaptor.

I am guessing this VGA only sends video signal to PJ without any communication back to my AVR from PJ.

Any suggestions from seniors please ...

Dear All,

I kept on reading similar issues in various forums.... and people are saying that pin number 13 in HDMI is CEC.
That could be the problem. Because that keeps communication between all the devices connected.

Some even recommended to knock of that pin some how.

Some people suggest HDMI adaptor without CEC (see the link below)
https://www.amazon.com/Lindy-HDMI-Adapter-Female-41232/dp/B00DL48KVI

I am personally thinking, a HDMI to VGA adaptor may solve my problem.
If I connect like this ... Laptop --> AVR with HDMI and then ... AVR to PJ using a HDMI to VGA adaptor.

I am guessing this VGA only sends video signal to PJ without any communication back to my AVR from PJ.

Any suggestions from seniors please ...

Your issue with connectivity seems very weird..

First, are you able to get bit-stream from laptop thru HDMI?

If your laptop has DVI port / Display port, you can use an HDMI adaptor there and connect it to PJ directly for video.. HDMI/DVI/Display are all digital connection.. so no degrade in quality..

HDMI to VGA may not be good solution..

Also please share screenshots of Audio/video menu in your AVR..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back