Please suggest some good ballads.

rohitmusic

Hi,
Can you please suggest some good ballad artists/albums.

Looking for long easy listening. So some soft melodious free flowing music suggestions please. :)

Thanks in advance!
Regards.

Last edited:
Not really sure if you are looking for 'free flowing' music or Ballads in specific...What I can remember right now...

Still got the blues - Gary Moore
Soldier of fortune - Deep Purple (RIP Jon)
When a blind man cries - Deep Purple
Catch the rainbow - Rainbow
Rainbow eyes - Rainbow
Hold on to my heard - W.A.S.P
Avalon - Roxy Music
In Thee - Blue Oyster Cult

more when I can recall...

Gary Moore - Still Got The Blues is great. Was not in my list (below) but after seeing soulforged's post above I needed to mention it.

For easy listening...
Bee Gees - Their greatest hits or Saturday Night Fever soundtrack
Dirty Dancing Soundtrack
Air Supply
Annie Lennox - One of the greatest... it was said of her that she can sing a bus/train time table and make it sound melodious.
Sinad O'Connor - Lots of romance, heartbreak.
The Cranberries - Are a rock band but lead singer Dolores O'Riordan has the SWEETEST voice ever.
Simply Red - If anyone has not heard Simply Red or Mick Hucknall then they must discover their music. Trust me... pure bliss.
Soul II Soul - Its more soul music but very great for easy listening.
Katie Melua
Alicia Keys - More soul/R&B but still a great songstress and no mean piano skills.
Billy Joel - The original Piano Man.
Amy Grant - Mainly gospel music but if you can get her Heart In Motion album its a must for some great pop/ballads (a little faster than laidback but still one of my favorite albums).
Blackmore's Night - Background of Ritchie Blackmore is rock but this a group he started with his wife and its primarily folk, ballads, soft rock... easy listening.
Eagles - Their mega hits are rock but their albums are filled with a "peaceful easy feeling" kind of music.
Enya - Has already been mentioned.
Evanescence - Its gothic music and not easy listening but give it a try.
George Michael/Wham - The best in 80/90s pop.
Johnny Hates Jazz - The Very Best Of... filled with some great all time hits.
Leonard Cohen - One of the all time greats of folk, pop and very easy listening music.
Lionel Richie - Some of the best pop ballads of the 80s.
Mariah Carey - Love her voice.
Whitney Houston - Same as above.
Neil Diamond - Older than me but my mother loves his music and its pure pop, love songs, ballads.
Norah Jones
Paul Simon/Simon & Garfunkel - Anything from them is great. You can check out Graceland from Paul Simon... really fusion/world music but easy listening pop/ballads.
Peter Cetera - Another great (song from the Karate Kid was a rage).
Phil Collins/Genesis - Soft rock but still easy listening.
Mike & The Mechanics - Same as above.
Richard Marx - Probably the best love ballads ever with songs like Endless Summer Nights, Now And Forever, Hold On To The Nights, Hazard, Keep Coming Back, and the all time hit Right Here Waiting.
Roy Orbison - A must IMHO.
Steely Dan - Some of the best fusion music (jazz + rock). Very easy listening and their Aja album is a must in any music lover's collection.
The Beatles - Lots of ballads and then some great music.

Cannot remember more off the top of my head right now. Will post more later if I remember more.

Not really sure if you are looking for 'free flowing' music or Ballads in specific...What I can remember right now...

Still got the blues - Gary Moore
Soldier of fortune - Deep Purple (RIP Jon)
When a blind man cries - Deep Purple
Catch the rainbow - Rainbow
Rainbow eyes - Rainbow
Hold on to my heard - W.A.S.P
Avalon - Roxy Music
In Thee - Blue Oyster Cult

more when I can recall...

Thanks a lot! :)
Yup right, any free flowing music should suffice really :)

Gary Moore - Still Got The Blues is great. Was not in my list (below) but after seeing soulforged's post above I needed to mention it.

For easy listening...
Bee Gees - Their greatest hits or Saturday Night Fever soundtrack
Dirty Dancing Soundtrack
Air Supply
Annie Lennox - One of the greatest... it was said of her that she can sing a bus/train time table and make it sound melodious.
Sinad O'Connor - Lots of romance, heartbreak.
The Cranberries - Are a rock band but lead singer Dolores O'Riordan has the SWEETEST voice ever.
Simply Red - If anyone has not heard Simply Red or Mick Hucknall then they must discover their music. Trust me... pure bliss.
Soul II Soul - Its more soul music but very great for easy listening.
Katie Melua
Alicia Keys - More soul/R&B but still a great songstress and no mean piano skills.
Billy Joel - The original Piano Man.
Amy Grant - Mainly gospel music but if you can get her Heart In Motion album its a must for some great pop/ballads (a little faster than laidback but still one of my favorite albums).
Blackmore's Night - Background of Ritchie Blackmore is rock but this a group he started with his wife and its primarily folk, ballads, soft rock... easy listening.
Eagles - Their mega hits are rock but their albums are filled with a "peaceful easy feeling" kind of music.
Enya - Has already been mentioned.
Evanescence - Its gothic music and not easy listening but give it a try.
George Michael/Wham - The best in 80/90s pop.
Johnny Hates Jazz - The Very Best Of... filled with some great all time hits.
Leonard Cohen - One of the all time greats of folk, pop and very easy listening music.
Lionel Richie - Some of the best pop ballads of the 80s.
Mariah Carey - Love her voice.
Whitney Houston - Same as above.
Neil Diamond - Older than me but my mother loves his music and its pure pop, love songs, ballads.
Norah Jones
Paul Simon/Simon & Garfunkel - Anything from them is great. You can check out Graceland from Paul Simon... really fusion/world music but easy listening pop/ballads.
Peter Cetera - Another great (song from the Karate Kid was a rage).
Phil Collins/Genesis - Soft rock but still easy listening.
Mike & The Mechanics - Same as above.
Richard Marx - Probably the best love ballads ever with songs like Endless Summer Nights, Now And Forever, Hold On To The Nights, Hazard, Keep Coming Back, and the all time hit Right Here Waiting.
Roy Orbison - A must IMHO.
Steely Dan - Some of the best fusion music (jazz + rock). Very easy listening and their Aja album is a must in any music lover's collection.
The Beatles - Lots of ballads and then some great music.

Cannot remember more off the top of my head right now. Will post more later if I remember more.

Great! :) This is an awesome list to explore! :)

Also adding one of my fav singers.. Michael Bolton.

Thanks a TON!

Sade greatest hits
Lionel Richie (Any thing from 80's)
Ronnie Milsap (the Playlist album)
Modern Talking ("You can win if you want" album)
Kenny Rogers ("A decade of hits" album)
Fourplay (Greatest Hits)
Toto ("Love songs" album)
Kool and the gang ("The Ballads" album)
Georgio Moroder (Any thing from this man :eek:hyeah:)
The list is endless :D
ENJOY

Oh how could I forget...for soulful, easy listening yet complex progressive compositions...get these albums by Camel...ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES for anybody into music...any kind of music...

Moonmadness
The Snow Goose
Mirage

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back