Pls recommend Stereo System under 30K

Guys, I read on another post that the Denon 1312XP stands discontinued, can anyone second/ confirm this?

Effectively lowers my HTS options to Onkyo 3400/ 3500 amd the Yamaha 196 if at all.

I think they launched a new model last year if I am not wrong something with the X series for 5.1 HT package.

The new model is Denon DHT-X500.
You may also check Yamaha YHT-299 for Movie+Music and cheaper than the X500.

Guys, I read on another post that the Denon 1312XP stands discontinued, can anyone second/ confirm this?

Effectively lowers my HTS options to Onkyo 3400/ 3500 amd the Yamaha 196 if at all.

On a sidenote, do most floor standers provide good low frequency extension (bass response) thereby eliminating the need for a Subwoofer? If yes, then a good AVR/ Stereo Amplifier and 2 FSs will do wont they?

On a sidenote, do most floor standers provide good low frequency extension (bass response) thereby eliminating the need for a Subwoofer? If yes, then a good AVR/ Stereo Amplifier and 2 FSs will do wont they?

Yes.. They do provide good low freq extension.... Itz a matter of personal choice between 2.0/2.1 for stereo....

It also depends on your room size.. But FS & stereo amplifier in 35K budget... Tough :eek:hyeah:

If you are in tight budget you can go for Bookshelves and stereo amplifier .It will be good for music too. I'm hearing music thro my polk tsx110 it is not at all bad.infact very good to hear.You can even try for sonodyne and whaferdale diamonds ( diamonds are bit costlier right). Jamo fs will be available for less cost.you can also check pioneer sp-52 fs are 20k only in avenue sound which is good for music as per reviews . Amplifiers ,if your open for used ones you can get one in this forum itself within ur budget.

Yes.. They do provide good low freq extension.... Itz a matter of personal choice between 2.0/2.1 for stereo....

It also depends on your room size.. But FS & stereo amplifier in 35K budget... Tough :eek:hyeah:

Elangoas, Whats a good relatively low-end FS+Stereo Amp combination? How much would it cost me? :)

I cant believe 35K doesnt buy much these days :eek:hyeah:

Elangoas, Whats a good relatively low-end FS+Stereo Amp combination? How much would it cost me? :)

I cant believe 35K doesn't buy much these days :eek:hyeah:

Yeah right... 35K is sizeable money.... But unfortunately you can't buy many items because of the rupee standing @ 60 Rs against dollar...

I would say quit the FS & look for BS for 10 ~ 15K... The reason i say this because, you need good amplifier to get the best out of any FS.... which will again shoot your budget.....

For any BS, 50W amplifier can really do the job & can easily fill a room upto 150Sqft....

What stereo amplifier/ stereo receivers /AVR have you considered so far ?

Yeah right... 35K is sizeable money.... But unfortunately you can't buy many items because of the rupee standing @ 60 Rs against dollar...

I would say quit the FS & look for BS for 10 ~ 15K... The reason i say this because, you need good amplifier to get the best out of any FS.... which will again shoot your budget.....

For any BS, 50W amplifier can really do the job & can easily fill a room upto 150Sqft....

What stereo amplifier/ stereo receivers /AVR have you considered so far ?

Elangoas, point noted. I didnt think of the FS needing more "drive" from the amp. I have not noted any Stereo amps/ AVRs yet. I was eyeing the Marantz but it is too pricey for my entry.

Can you pass me a quick recommendation of Stereo Amps and BS combinations? A couple should be enough to get me started.

Elangoas, point noted. I didnt think of the FS needing more "drive" from the amp. I have not noted any Stereo amps/ AVRs yet. I was eyeing the Marantz but it is too pricey for my entry.

Can you pass me a quick recommendation of Stereo Amps and BS combinations? A couple should be enough to get me started.

Hmm Ok....Here are my thoughts

1) Onkyo TX 8020 (Stereo receiver) + any BS (10 ~ 15K) for Approx 35K...
2) Sonodyne Sia320 (Stereo amplifier) + Sonodyne Sonus 1501 BS for 27K (after discount) from hifimart.com
3) Norge 2000 (Stereo Amplifier) + Sonodyne Sonus 1501 BS for approx 25K.

There are other combos, but that will shoot your budget....

Hmm Ok....Here are my thoughts

1) Onkyo TX 8020 (Stereo receiver) + any BS (10 ~ 15K) for Approx 35K...
2) Sonodyne Sia320 (Stereo amplifier) + Sonodyne Sonus 1501 BS for 27K (after discount) from hifimart.com
3) Norge 2000 (Stereo Amplifier) + Sonodyne Sonus 1501 BS for approx 25K.

There are other combos, but that will shoot your budget....

Thanks for support on "chat" :)

I just came to be told from a contact that typical stereo is only 2.0 and not 2.1, i.e most stereos do not include an option for Subwoofer out sothey are only 2.0. Bass is important for me, so am I missing out on something here or have I misunderstood what was conveyed to me?

I just came to be told from a contact that typical stereo is only 2.0 and not 2.1, i.e most stereos do not include an option for Subwoofer out sothey are only 2.0. Bass is important for me, so am I missing out on something here or have I misunderstood what was conveyed to me?

Welcome buddy :eek:hyeah:...

Stereo is 2.0.. You can keep it 2.0 (or) 2.1 depending on your preference....

If you get a BS with a stereo amplifier, you will not miss on bass... You will get them until what you BS speaker can support... If you want, you can add subwoofer.....

You can have sufficient bass with a decent 2.0 system as well. The goal of a good 2.0 sterio system should be to provide a good balanced sound (that includes lower frequencies - bass as well) covering most of the frequency range audible to us.

I have heard 2.0 systems that would make you feel there is a subwoofer hidden somewhere there. But to truely enjoy music to the fullest sometimes we dont need that extra bass. The extra bass can overpower the other frequencies and hence you may miss out on other frequencies (vocals, upper frequencies). Also 'unbalanced'/'colored' sound could actually contribute to listening fatigue.

I think to be happy in longer run the goal should be to have a very transparent/netural system in begin with. Once you have that in place then you can tweak the system to your sound of liking. There are many ways to fine tune the system. Example you could add a component that 'colors' the sound example and interconnect that could make the sound 'brighter' or 'warmer' (Disclaimer: these words mean different things to different people but this is the best terminology we have available). There are interconnects that can significantly boost the Bass.

Liking more Bass is a preference that can be achieved. It would be nice to start with a transparent system and then tweak it to your liking. But once you start with colored sound then going reverse could be not that straight forward :)

This does not mean a sub is always undesirable. There are cases when you need it. But it also does not imply that a 2.0 system can not do justice to the lower frequencies. :)

Welcome buddy :eek:hyeah:...

Stereo is 2.0.. You can keep it 2.0 (or) 2.1 depending on your preference....

If you get a BS with a stereo amplifier, you will not miss on bass... You will get them until what you BS speaker can support... If you want, you can add subwoofer.....

So the stereos you happen to have recommended will support a DIGITAL OUT/ SUBWOOFER OUT interface intended to be linked to a Subwoofer right? :licklips:

Will be reviewing the systems you happen to have mentioned meantime.

So the stereos you happen to have recommended will support a DIGITAL OUT/ SUBWOOFER OUT interface intended to be linked to a Subwoofer right? :licklips:

Will be reviewing the systems you happen to have mentioned meantime.

Onkyo TX 8020 has DIGITAL IN & SUBWOOFER OUT... Sonodyne Sia320 has only Analogue inputs & Preout, While Norge has Analogue Inputs without pre-outs.

You can have sufficient bass with a decent 2.0 system as well. The goal of a good 2.0 sterio system should be to provide a good balanced sound (that includes lower frequencies - bass as well) covering most of the frequency range audible to us.

I have heard 2.0 systems that would make you feel there is a subwoofer hidden somewhere there. But to truely enjoy music to the fullest sometimes we dont need that extra bass. The extra bass can overpower the other frequencies and hence you may miss out on other frequencies (vocals, upper frequencies). Also 'unbalanced'/'colored' sound could actually contribute to listening fatigue.

I think to be happy in longer run the goal should be to have a very transparent/netural system in begin with. Once you have that in place then you can tweak the system to your sound of liking. There are many ways to fine tune the system. Example you could add a component that 'colors' the sound example and interconnect that could make the sound 'brighter' or 'warmer' (Disclaimer: these words mean different things to different people but this is the best terminology we have available). There are interconnects that can significantly boost the Bass.

Liking more Bass is a preference that can be achieved. It would be nice to start with a transparent system and then tweak it to your liking. But once you start with colored sound then going reverse could be not that straight forward :)

This does not mean a sub is always undesirable. There are cases when you need it. But it also does not imply that a 2.0 system can not do justice to the lower frequencies. :)

Put beautifully. Thanks Rohit.

Should put my Subwoofer holocaust concerns to rest.

Onkyo TX 8020 has DIGITAL IN & SUBWOOFER OUT... Sonodyne Sia320 has only Analogue inputs & Preout, While Norge has Analogue Inputs without pre-outs.

The specifications should specify. Right. Be right back friend (nanban).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back