Pls suggest a sound-card to go well with an AVR

TheSeeker

Hello all,

I have been contemplating from some time to get an HTiB for my PC. presently I have an edifier da5000 pro, which worked very well all this time, esp. with music. however, with need for more connectivity, I think I should take the plunge in the AVR-sea now and sell the edifier system off.

i want to buy a sound card now that would complement the AVR well. am open to buying used sound card as well as HTiB. pls suggest a sound card for the same. part of my PC-config:

Asus P8-Z68 V-Pro motherboard
Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Mini GPU

TIA.

You don't need a sound card. Simply connect the HDMI to AVR input. Your MB seems to have optical out too, which also can be used to connect to an AVR, as most AVR's support these inputs.

You don't need a sound card. Simply connect the HDMI to AVR input. Your MB seems to have optical out too, which also can be used to connect to an AVR, as most AVR's support these inputs.

so there would no noticeable difference between motherboard's audio-out and that of, say a xonar d2x or an auzentech x-fi?

If you use HDMI output, the AVR should use it's own built in DAC. If you use analog out, it would be inferior.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back