Plz help in deciding AVR +5.1 below 50k.

tigerwag

Hello mates,
I am planning to change my present HTIB pioneer RS 32 as need to creat space for my newly acquired Sony 65x9000e led tv as width of TV doesn't allow me to keep floorstanders on tv unit.
Looking for entry or mid range AVR and 5.1 ch speakers. Mix and match also can be done.
Total budget 50k.
Front speakers shd be bookshelfs as no space to accommodate floorstanders.
Plz suggest combinations.
HTIB will also can be a option.
Thank u.
Rgds.

Have you auditioned or shortlisted any brands or models? I would suggest you read up other posts on similar topic and create a shortlist. Members can then help you better.

MaSh

For the budget you have given Satellites Denon SYS 2020 and entry level receiver like Denon 5XX series /Yamaha 3067/2067 / Pioneer VSX 531 series will do.
If you are concern about bookshelf you have to strectch a bit to go for TAGA or Boston A25.
As Mash mentioned did you auditioned or shortlisted any models?

thank you friends for replying.
not yet auditioned any system or not yet short listed.
Tom and day after will visit couple of places in pune for audition.
meanwhile was reading about soundbars. jbl sb350, to be more precise.
do soundbars really give a surround Dolby effect with 5.1 ch movies or channels?

auditioned jbl sb350, its nowhere near to even entry level 5.1.
How will following combination work?
AVR : pioneer vsx1131
front and rears : BA A23
centre : BA cs225c ii
Sw: BA cs sub 10 or
ASW 250?
i have seen price of vsx1131 on amazon global with shipping and import duty as 33k.
indian websites mention prices around 60 to70 k. wil it be safe to order it from amazon global?

Pioneer VSX 1131 is good avr i would say i personnaly used it for while.
33k plus stepdown Transformer you have to buy .hoping so it is imported from us(Not from Amazon.in).either way it may not be your 50k budget with speakers included.First you fix your budget and plan.
A23 cost you around 8-9k pair.instead you can plan for A26/A25 which pioneer VSX Model can drive front channel easily.
Rear channel may be you can go for A23.
Its your choice

hi reachkalyan...
thanks for the input.
I was thinking of buying AVR plus front bookshelves for the time being and then slowly built the setup by adding one by one component.
it's imported from US.
Any AVR in the same segment available in india for 35k or so?

hi.
was going through various speakers packges on net. most of the hifi stores have only high end systems installed for demo.
so as of now have to depend on reading reviews on net.
I noticed that width of FS bundled in taga harmony 506 v2 is just 17 cm. those can be very well fitted in my TV unit.
if I get this 5.0 package, which AVR will be best for those speakers. budget for AVR is 32 k. can stretch a bit.
plz suggest.

Auditioned denon x540bt at a local dealer with denon sys 2020. sounded good. will taga 506 match with denon x540bt?
One thumb rule if your AVR is having binding post you can go ahead with bookshelf and Tower IMO.But ,if it is having spring loaded speaker terminal it can perform well with satellites.(but it doesn't mean you can not connect Bookshelf and tower. it may not drive to the full potential)
Hope it clears your doubt.

Last edited:
hi.
was going through various speakers packges on net. most of the hifi stores have only high end systems installed for demo.
so as of now have to depend on reading reviews on net.
I noticed that width of FS bundled in taga harmony 506 v2 is just 17 cm. those can be very well fitted in my TV unit.
if I get this 5.0 package, which AVR will be best for those speakers. budget for AVR is 32 k. can stretch a bit.
plz suggest.

Since you have almost finalised the speakers....rated at 6 ohms load I assume....

You can look at various brands of AVRs...the latest models of any brands will cost more due to the loaded features they have...

slightly older models will be cheaper...suggest you look at AVRs which will serve your intended use and connectivity requirements....no point buying a model with a bunch of features ..out of which you may use only 40% of them.....

If the budget is really tight....you could also look at pre owned ones being sold at Hifiads.com or OLX or For Sale by owner section....

All the best

hello friends,
after auditioning Denon x540bt along with jbl cinema 610,
bought the package.
liked the sound.
yet to be installed. will write in details once i spend sums time with it.
thanks everyone for the help.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back