Polk TSi300/TSi200 Owners

mandark

We auditioned Polk TSi300 + CS 20 + OWM 3 + PSW 110 paired with Denon 1911 at Profx.

I have some queries for Polk TSi300/TSi200 owners:

#1. My HT space is 13ft x 13ft (closed room). Would the FS be an overkill? or Should I consider TSi200 instead, which is of similar capacity but BS? I wouldn't like a sonic mess...

#2. The Polk + Denon combo appeared to be bit bright... would they be ideal for listening to extended periods (say 4-5 hours)? I've heard that they do not sound that bright after say 100-200 hours. Is that correct?

#3. Lastly, what AVR are you using to drive your Polk TSi300/TSi200 setup?

+1 to what Reju said Try the RTI A1 or A3 s they are more mellow and tight bass ...

For RTI series in the 150Watt range we are getting BS whereas in the TSI series it was floor standers. Do you think if at the same output RMS there will be difference in the experiance with BS vs FS?

For RTI series in the 150Watt range we are getting BS whereas in the TSI series it was floor standers. Do you think if at the same output RMS there will be difference in the experiance with BS vs FS?

Look at the min watts not the max ones coz we never reach the maximum power. If its a home theatre type setup you will not find a diff between BS or FS . If you are using for music stereo alone the mid driver performs better from FS speakers..... RTI series are more mellow and very tight and punchy bass where TSI gets lil bright on higher volumes ...

Look at the min watts not the max ones coz we never reach the maximum power. If its a home theatre type setup you will not find a diff between BS or FS . If you are using for music stereo alone the mid driver performs better from FS speakers..... RTI series are more mellow and very tight and punchy bass where TSI gets lil bright on higher volumes ...

I think Wharfedale 9.5 is also in the same range. Any comparison comment between W'dale and Polks?

I think Wharfedale 9.5 is also in the same range. Any comparison comment between W'dale and Polks?

Nope . Whafs are warm n laid back where as polks get bright n punchy.polks in my mind are most suited for todays music n beats

I am using the Polk RTi A3 for the last 2 1/2 years powered by the Pioneer A5 Stereo Vintage Amp & the source is Nakamichi CD Player & the sound is very good.

The Bass/Mid -Range is tight & the Treble Sweet:)

My advice will be go 4 the RTi Series instead of the TSi.

I am using the Polk RTi A3 for the last 2 1/2 years powered by the Pioneer A5 Stereo Vintage Amp & the source is Nakamichi CD Player & the sound is very good.

The Bass/Mid -Range is tight & the Treble Sweet:)

My advice will be go 4 the RTi Series instead of the TSi.

What is the size of your HT Room and what is you listening ration (Movies / Music)?

i have tsi300 and the rest of the 5.1 speakers you mention. I have pioneer vsx 818 avr. I am happy with the result.

thanks
Sachin

I have a ONKYO TX SR-608 from US. The per channel output is 100watts @ 8ohms. I have auditioned and shortlisted RM6750. I know that will be an injustice to the AVR. But the other model which i liked went really beyond my limits.

TSi300 + CS 10 + OWM 3 + PSW 110 is 49K at ProFX. I have heard the mission MV series 5.1 (qouted 29K) which is one of the last pieces with them but not much impressed.

I had visited Vector systems and auditioned Wharf D 10.x (dont remember the exact model but it was a 7.1 speaker one) It was good but again beyond my budget and room requirement. Mine is a 240feet room. They dont have a 5.1 currently in stock. I may have to wait.

What are my remaining options under 30K? Is my 30K budget too small for such a system with two floorstanders and bookshelf combination?

Thanks in advance
Anish

What are

I have a ONKYO TX SR-608 from US. The per channel output is 100watts @ 8ohms. I have auditioned and shortlisted RM6750. I know that will be an injustice to the AVR. But the other model which i liked went really beyond my limits.

TSi300 + CS 10 + OWM 3 + PSW 110 is 49K at ProFX. I have heard the mission MV series 5.1 (qouted 29K) which is one of the last pieces with them but not much impressed.

I had visited Vector systems and auditioned Wharf D 10.x (dont remember the exact model but it was a 7.1 speaker one) It was good but again beyond my budget and room requirement. Mine is a 240feet room. They dont have a 5.1 currently in stock. I may have to wait.

What are my remaining options under 30K? Is my 30K budget too small for such a system with two floorstanders and bookshelf combination?

Thanks in advance
Anish

What are

Anish,

Try to source the speaker package from abroad as well. Under 30k is a lil tight budget for a 2FS and bookshelf combo in a 5.1 setup.

You can look @ Mirage nanosat, Energy take classic and polks but to me you are going to underpower the AVR ... Coz it can drive much better speakers. Alternatively you can buy 2 FS and a center speaker for now and later add other components.

Thanks Amarinder! That's in deed a good suggestion. The bookshelf is a good alternative. The fact is that from the beginning I have my mind stick to satellites. So whenever the bookshelf or floorstanders came across I said 'No'. Partly because I know these types can overshadow satellites and hence my selection of satellites will be more complex. But last sunday the ProFX guy told me just hear the Tsi300 and the rest combo. That was something which I have never heard before. Absolutely stunning performance, though the rear mounted surrounds are little cheap quality to reproduce exact sounds. But still I really liked it and hence I opened up to other types. Anyways' do you have any bookshelf 5.1 with good quality and comparable prices to satellites to suggest?

Thanks Kittu! I see you are a real active member in this forum and real help for people like us who has less idea of the audio world.

Yes, my intention was to bring it from abroad. I bought the AVR from US with the help of my uncle and now father in law is coming this week end from Saudi and we have gone through the limited options which are available in the city where he stays. But the Polk and Klipsch are almost near India price. Especially the Polk Tsi300 (SR2000 which is roughly Rs.26K) and TL1600(replacement for RM6750) - SR2250 which is roughtly Rs.29K, are exactly same price compared to India price. There may be other models with price advantage but does not justify the weight to carry and the void warranty. Moreover the place where he stays have little audio stores. So I dropped that idea and now l am planning to buy from Bangalore itself.

I liked your idea about buying one by one. But do you think 2FS and center can work with out the sub? I mean will it drive any low freq with it? Forget about the surrounds because that I can wait for some more time.

Thanks again!
Anish

If you are constrained to a budget of 30K then its better that you buy 2 or 3 good speakers now and the rest later, instead of buying all 6 right now.

I can suggest you this combination: wharfedale diamond 9.2 fronts (14K), 9.CS center (9K) and JBL Control One (7.5K) surrounds. Fits your budget exactly. Later on you just need to get a sub (SW150 for 18K) to complete the 5.1. But till then you won't miss much because 9.2 have plenty of bass even while watching movies.

Thanks Sumesh!

Today I went for Wharfedale audition and here is what I got,

I have auditioned Diamond 9HCP with all 5.1, Diamond 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 with surrounds and subs off. For 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 I tried 9CS center. The results are impressive. But I could not make out any difference between 9.1 and 9.2. Yeah, there is a marginal difference in 9.0 and 9.1/9.2. Probably I may have missed minor difference. Is 9 series an outgoing one? Replaced with 10 series? Are they pushing off the remaining stock? Anyways, 9.0 and 9HCP may not be good for my amp as TX-SR USA model outputs 125 watts at 6 ohms and 9.0 and 9HCP is upto 75 watts amp supported at 6 ohms. I am not sure for that matter if 9.1 and 9.2 which has upto 100watt support at 6 ohms suits my amp. But I have read somewhere that for 125 watt 100 watt speaker should be fine. But 75 watt (9.0 and 9HCP) may be too low.

The price quote also not very realistic. Though he said the prices quoted are MRP and we can work out on final prices - but how far? Prices are, 9.0 - 9,700/- 9.1 - 13,000/- 9.2 - 17,000/- 9CS - 11,000/- 9CC - 9,000/- SW150 - 21,000/-

How did you felt between 9.1 and 9.2? Is there any big difference justifying the price diff?

By the way, since I was much impressed with Polkaudio TSi300 the other day, I asked the prices of TSi100 series bookshelfs assuming TSi300 and TSi100 deliver similar quality with TSi volume less? Any idea about that? I am going to take audition on TSi tomorrow. The ProFX sales guy suggested to go for OWM3 and OWM5 combination instead. Not much impressed with OWM3 atleast the other day when I heard TSi300 package mentioned in my first message.

The prices are, TSi100 - 11,000(MRP)/- may reduce further.
OWM3 (2pa'rs as fronts and surrounds) - 19,800/-
OWM5 (Center) - 8,100/-
OWM3(4) + OWM5(Center) + PSW110 (sub) - full package - 38,000/-

Now comes the final killer question - is TSi100 or Diamond 9.1/9.2 better as front? Is Polk CS10 center or OWM5 Center or Diamond 9CS center best? Again, JBL Control one or OWM3 as surrounds best? I heard OWM5 but not impressed. Should I go for TSi100 as surrounds some time later - I mean by the rest of the package and just add surrounds later. Or for that matter 9DFS bipolar? BTW how much are those? In the sub is PSW110 better over SW150 or the other way around?

I know this is too many questions but I cant wait any longer to decide. So eagerly waiting to experience the movie at home :)

Thanks

Thanks Sumesh!

Today I went for Wharfedale audition and here is what I got,

I have auditioned Diamond 9HCP with all 5.1, Diamond 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 with surrounds and subs off. For 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 I tried 9CS center. The results are impressive. But I could not make out any difference between 9.1 and 9.2. Yeah, there is a marginal difference in 9.0 and 9.1/9.2. Probably I may have missed minor difference. Is 9 series an outgoing one? Replaced with 10 series? Are they pushing off the remaining stock? Anyways, 9.0 and 9HCP may not be good for my amp as TX-SR USA model outputs 125 watts at 6 ohms and 9.0 and 9HCP is upto 75 watts amp supported at 6 ohms. I am not sure for that matter if 9.1 and 9.2 which has upto 100watt support at 6 ohms suits my amp. But I have read somewhere that for 125 watt 100 watt speaker should be fine. But 75 watt (9.0 and 9HCP) may be too low.

The price quote also not very realistic. Though he said the prices quoted are MRP and we can work out on final prices - but how far? Prices are, 9.0 - 9,700/- 9.1 - 13,000/- 9.2 - 17,000/- 9CS - 11,000/- 9CC - 9,000/- SW150 - 21,000/-

How did you felt between 9.1 and 9.2? Is there any big difference justifying the price diff?

By the way, since I was much impressed with Polkaudio TSi300 the other day, I asked the prices of TSi100 series bookshelfs assuming TSi300 and TSi100 deliver similar quality with TSi volume less? Any idea about that? I am going to take audition on TSi tomorrow. The ProFX sales guy suggested to go for OWM3 and OWM5 combination instead. Not much impressed with OWM3 atleast the other day when I heard TSi300 package mentioned in my first message.

The prices are, TSi100 - 11,000(MRP)/- may reduce further.
OWM3 (2pa'rs as fronts and surrounds) - 19,800/-
OWM5 (Center) - 8,100/-
OWM3(4) + OWM5(Center) + PSW110 (sub) - full package - 38,000/-

Now comes the final killer question - is TSi100 or Diamond 9.1/9.2 better as front? Is Polk CS10 center or OWM5 Center or Diamond 9CS center best? Again, JBL Control one or OWM3 as surrounds best? I heard OWM5 but not impressed. Should I go for TSi100 as surrounds some time later - I mean by the rest of the package and just add surrounds later. Or for that matter 9DFS bipolar? BTW how much are those? In the sub is PSW110 better over SW150 or the other way around?

I

Thanks

Wharfedale SW150....d award winning Sub.... is nyday d winner against Polk 110...

Between d Polks and Wharfs fronts... u need to decide yrself.. which sounded better to u ...

Back