Popcorn Hour Owners Thread (All Models)

Hi, I am planning to get a friend get popcorn A210 from singapore. Please advice how he should get in cheapest way. Mall or online purchase etc. He is going only for 3 days.
Thanks

Guys, Are you using any converter/transformer to give it 110v power? I had pretty bad experience. I plugged it direct and sometime during the night, PCH conked off and took along with it my Plasma as well. Got my PCH repaired through RMA but had to pay for TV though. I don't know whether giving it stabilized power will be good enough. One thing is for sure, PCH is very sensitive as no other damage happened in my home on that day.

I don't think u need a transformer for PCH....it has a universal power supply adapter....i ordered it from PCH website and it came with universal power supply....i have PCH A210...

Popcorn hour is launching a new model A-300 on 18-Oct. Looks very similar to A-210 but with better chipset, gigabit port and USB 3.0..woooww...It has much better UI as well....looks really good...

check out : http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=55384

Also there is poll going on to check if A-300 UI should be ported to 200er series. Upside is faster flash UI compared to the current slower HTML UI...downside YAMJ with html skins will not work....go ahead and vote your choice..

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=55398

PS : Is it possible to sticky this thread?

why no 3D, why no HDMI 1.4 compatibility? :S

p.s. why do every mediaplayer company promote their mediaplayer with Avatar movie screenshots :p

Guys, Are you using any converter/transformer to give it 110v power? I had pretty bad experience. I plugged it direct and sometime during the night, PCH conked off and took along with it my Plasma as well. Got my PCH repaired through RMA but had to pay for TV though. I don't know whether giving it stabilized power will be good enough. One thing is for sure, PCH is very sensitive as no other damage happened in my home on that day.

How to get the RMA from PopCornHour. My A200 was working fine and suddenly one day it went kaput. There is no signal from PCH to TV, i tried all possible recovery options mentioned in PCH Support but no use.

I guess i have to send it back and would like to know the process.

It was purchased in USA. Thanks.

Srini/manny9

my collection of movies are in different formats like .avi, .mp4 and .mkv. Also some of them have PNG or JPEG file for cover and .srt file for subtitle... Now by pressing the video red button in remote, am not getting a good result of the movie wall.

What is the best thing to do to get a movie wall in NMJ?

If you go through PCH Wiki they mention certain naming standards for the movie files. If you follow that 90% of your results will be accurate. File type doesn't really influence the outcome. Or you can use NMJToolbox application, this way you can build the DB in your computer and then copy it to PCH and you will have much better control on fanarts...

I don't use NMJ , I'm using YAMJ with Aeon skin. Initial setup is pain but the YAMJ wall looks much better than NMJ. Also I use external nfo editor called YANFOE to create the nfo files....

Hope this helps !!!

Yes, I have checked that forum also but no solution again. Seems to be a hardware failure.

The only option is to send it back, i guess.

Yes it is. A hardware failure and PCH has asked me to return the 'mother board' to them for a replacement.

Now how do i send the ' mother board' alone thru courier, does courier companies accept these 'boards'?

After a lot of research in this forum, i decided to go with Popcorn Hour A-210. but this is not available with the seller. rather it would be selling trick to sell the newly introduced A-300. where else can i find this player? or to opt for a different player like HiMedia 600b. Expert advice please.

My budget constraint is 15k max. to be used with yamaha 671 and optoma HD-20.

Can anyone confirm if the BD ROM of C200 allows region free playback or can it be made region free?

No, it's set to region A. If purchased from US. I have the same.but the discs you get here are all region ABC. Sooooo no issues in playing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back