Popcorn Hour Owners Thread (All Models)

naviworks

jus ordered one frm their website:yahoo:...added $85 to the price of $349 for shipping it to india:rolleyes:...roughly comes to 20000 rs....eagerly waiting for delivery:D

$85 isnt cheap for shipping.I got the A 200 last week, will set it up once I return to India by the end of the month.

hi, the Spec sheet of A-200 seems interesting.
One request, when testing your player give a review about the HD audio capabilities.

thanks.

you will never regrett buying the c200 its an amazing piece of hardware with an exceptionally good firmware developing team behind it.Just upgrade it to the latest firmware with movie wall features u will love it.;)

isn't this the one in which you can stuff a br drive? Share your exp of playing blu-ray movies on this machine. I am strongly considering this when I move to br setup, besides new oppo 93.

they ship in batches...next shipment is scheduled on 18th nov 10....letz see if my NMT falls within this schedule...

guys gotta news....c-200 is gonna get the ability to play 3D content:yahoo:

i was the first person in india to get the c200 (this is what the nmt team told me) and i am till date extremely happy with this hard ware .
@anm i have played a lot of bluray iso's (full bluray rip with menus) through the internal and the external hard drive without any problems this included Dolbys both bluray test discs and the dts volume 14 test disc bluray without a glitch.
and you will also be able to decode aac 5.1.

you will be charged rs 2500 approx as the customs on it @ naviworks this is what i paid 18 months back when i got mine

thanks. How about attaching a BR drive and playing BRs directly on this machine?

i was the first person in india to get the c200 (this is what the nmt team told me) and i am till date extremely happy with this hard ware .
@anm i have played a lot of bluray iso's (full bluray rip with menus) through the internal and the external hard drive without any problems this included Dolbys both bluray test discs and the dts volume 14 test disc bluray without a glitch.
and you will also be able to decode aac 5.1.

congrats on your purchase mate I too Purchased one C-200 must say that its amazing.pic quality is like any other player but sound is exceptional and with the new firmware reased on 10th Nov with builtin Jukebox is just amazing and very stable unlike other media players...it never hung up even once..have installed Two 2TB Hdd with the easy mod and new apps market is good too..lots of applications can be installed on usb in the box or HDDs.This is THE BEST media player Money can buy.
Cheers

Last edited:
you will be charged rs 2500 approx as the customs on it @ naviworks this is what i paid 18 months back when i got mine

:eek: ah i didnt expect this, but nobody mentioned it even in the site... i thought $85 is including everything...hmm gonna get one of the costliest player i think....hope the player is worth the price

i have used almost all the media players including
MVIX
TVIX
playon hd
xtreamer
and believe me c200 is the only one out there worth each and every dime you spend buying it its very stable ,has excellent picture quality , a very intelligent hardware design which can be upgraded with exciting features with each update just compare the latest movie wall feature with the similar glitchy and slow features on the other media players on the market and you ll have a smile on your face . Also go through the firmware release notes for all the firmwares releases till date and see how this hardware has been supplied with an almost stable firmware
*c200 will be the first mp to be 3d ready
*and you ll be happy to know that native video output thru hdmi is also into consideration for the people like me who use external video processors

@ anm i havent tested br drive cos i have a bluray player . I have a hdd stacked inside and my c200 handles 4 X 1 TB hdds loaded with movies including avi,xvid,bluray iso,mkvs etc etc

:eek: ah i didnt expect this, but nobody mentioned it even in the site... i thought $85 is including everything...hmm gonna get one of the costliest player i think....hope the player is worth the price

May be you missed taxes part but trust me this is the best player maybe a little expensive but mate good things in life are never cheap..
I have used many/most of the Media players
WD/Playon/Xtreamer/Xtreamer-pro/Tivx/ this one is the best followed by Xtreamer Pro but with a wide margin.
Cheers..

Re: Pop Corn Hour (NMT) Owners Thread (all models)

Good to have started this thread...I own Popcorn Hour A-110 and I have been for 2 yrs and have not faced any issues apart from one incident. One fine day PCh A-110 didn't detect my internal HDD Western Digital 1TB and trying all options out, I have to finally backup the data to my PC HDD and format in PCH and now its running like the good horse. The problem was power failures which is common in Kerala made the linux based file system corrupted. I now have a UPS to overcome this issue.

The PCH forum is excellent giving more options to install custom made third party applications like Yet Another Movie Jukebox (YAMJ), Music Jukebox, telnet, sqlite, dynamic jukebox etc...the list is very long. There are few minor issues that have been addressed in the forum to Syabas and normally they fix it in the upcoming firmwares. In fact, I had planned to go for the C-200 but now I have already built my HTPC half way and so will stick to that which has more flexibility than a PCH or any media player can do.

Otherwise, people who like it to be played like their normal CD/DVD/Bluray player then PCH is your best choice.

Last edited:

Where can I buy the latest PCH device in either Delhi or Mumbai?
What is the price?

Where can I buy the latest PCH device in either Delhi or Mumbai?
What is the price?
Cheaper to buy from US. If you are not after HD Audio, I know of a PCH A-100 that might come up for sale soon.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back