Popcorn Hour Owners Thread (All Models)

thanks. How about attaching a BR drive and playing BRs directly on this machine?

@ anm i havent tested br drive cos i have a bluray player . I have a hdd stacked inside and my c200 handles 4 X 1 TB hdds loaded with movies including avi,xvid,bluray iso,mkvs etc etc
Attaching a BD-ROM drive is part of the design. Spoke to noking this evening and he mentioned that either we can fit a BD-ROM drive or it works as a hot-swappable 3.5 inch Hard-disk bay. noking has modded it to fit two 2TB hard-disks.

:eek: ah i didnt expect this, but nobody mentioned it even in the site... i thought $85 is including everything...hmm gonna get one of the costliest player i think....hope the player is worth the price
PCH site will not contain this information, but anything that costs over $100 will attract customs and taxes unless you are super lucky. But don't fret, noking tells me that this is the big daddy of all NMTs and worth every penny and more.

Re: Pop Corn Hour (NMT) Owners Thread (all models)

My A 200 will be up and running early next month, will give some feedback after that happens.

Connected up my PCH A 200 and did the firmware update this morning here in NY. High bandwidth at my sons' place made it a breeze.

In Mumbai,The shop & KEI used to have it ,now I am not sure.

I ordered PCH C-200 from Amazon through Borderlinx on 19th of this month and the same has been delivered to me this morning. Planning to set it up this evening. Would like suggestions from existing users on this before I start setting up please.

Regds / Shailender

please could you guys tell a bit more about the new network media jukebox. is it easy to set up? does it scan the hard drive on its own? does it work with the external hard drive too?

@shailenderb ..congrats on your purchase..hope you enjoy it for years to come,its very easy to setup,remember to update to latest firmware thru above links.
@karananeja its very easy to setup just update to latest firmware links given above and select the folder and press red button on remote of c-200 its gives you some masg about nmj select yes and it starts scanning and in few min to hours depending on data on HDD/usb it will be up and running.
cheers

@shailenderb ..congrats on your purchase..hope you enjoy it for years to come,its very easy to setup,remember to update to latest firmware thru above links.
@karananeja its very easy to setup just update to latest firmware links given above and select the folder and press red button on remote of c-200 its gives you some masg about nmj select yes and it starts scanning and in few min to hours depending on data on HDD/usb it will be up and running.
cheers

Thanks Noking

Will connect today and get back with my views.

Regds / Shailender

c-200 landed yesterday:yahoo:

paid 5400 as duty:indifferent14:

awesome machine, gud build quality, played some videos

this machine does whatz claimed

c-200 landed yesterday:yahoo:

paid 5400 as duty:indifferent14:

awesome machine, gud build quality, played some videos

this machine does whatz claimed

@naviworks can you give an exact breakup of the cost it incurred to get the player? also trying to understand why there is a difference in custom duty between your player & aminder's.

thanks in advance.

@naviworks can you give an exact breakup of the cost it incurred to get the player? also trying to understand why there is a difference in custom duty between your player & aminder's.

thanks in advance.

here it is...

PCH c-200 = $299
Popcorn Hour MN-200 (mini pci n wifi card)= $50

so $349 x rs.44.90 = rs.15670 (invoice value)
+
freight charges (shipping) = rs.3310.31
landing charges = rs.189.80
clearing charges=rs.257
import duty=rs.5146
10% service charge (on import duty and clearing charges)=rs.25.73
0.20% education cess =rs.0.52
0.10% secondary and higher education cess = rs. 0.26

phew...i cannot break it up further....:beer:

cheers

guys...audio cd backup application for PCH C-200 released for free dowmload from app market... fingers crossed for DVD and BR (am i asking too much?)

guys...audio cd backup application for PCH C-200 released for free dowmload from app market... fingers crossed for DVD and BR (am i asking too much?)

Question-do any of you PCH buyers use it for audio playback? I am a bit foxed about how to use my PCH A 200 for audio-I dont seem to be able to play more than one track at a time though I can open out the album and see all the tracks..Any suggestions?

I had ordered the A-210 and it was shipped on 13th Jan. I just got a mail from customs asking me to furnish the details of the package as it is left lying with them.

Is this normal? Don't the courier folks call up inform us about the package customs duty to be paid and confirm over telephone that we agree to pay it upon delivery?

So am I supposed to take the invoice and a printout of the webpage of the product description to them to get my stuff now?

I have never had any foreign product delivery stuck in customs like this before.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back